Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite Films/TV shows as a kid

Comments

• edited March 2013

Talking about the radio, Round the Horn was one I had to listen to on a Sunday whilst eating my Sunday lunch.

Still on now, R4Extra.

I didnt realise that, is it the original?
    Yep, absolutely Bona! Next Monday 08:00
  • Talking about the radio, Round the Horn was one I had to listen to on a Sunday whilst eating my Sunday lunch.

Still on now, R4Extra.

Have to try to catch it, must be 50 years old now, wonder what the youngster would make of the kind of humour (or me now)?
  • Talking about the radio, Round the Horn was one I had to listen to on a Sunday whilst eating my Sunday lunch.

Still on now, R4Extra.

Have to try to catch it, must be 50 years old now, wonder what the youngster would make of the kind of humour (or me now)?
    I'm wondering if the gay and racist stuff is still included.

Still on now, R4Extra.

Be interesting to see how / if its been modified, but there again I probably would not remember the original anyway.
  • Anyone remember Torchy the Battery Boy and Twizzle?!
  • ....and Fireball XL5.
  • edited March 2013

Talking about the radio, Round the Horn was one I had to listen to on a Sunday whilst eating my Sunday lunch.

Still on now, R4Extra.

Be interesting to see how / if its been modified, but there again I probably would not remember the original anyway.
    From those I've listened to, they are the originals. Julian and Sandy still have a weekly criminal practice in Brighton :-)

All the dooble entendres are still in place.

• Murphy's Mob
    Jossie's Giants
    Grange Hill
    Byker Grove

Film - ET. Still one of my favourites.
  • As a kid I loved Sooty. For a few years in the late 80s early 90s my mum would take me to the stage show in London just before christmas. Sweep was my favourite though. Matthew Corbett is a legend. There was interview with him on you tube a couple of months ago.
  • The tomorrow people and marine boy .
  • Sponsored links:

• Tom and Jerry, which i am now reliving through my boy's eyes. Got to admit though it's quite violent really, but still makes me laugh.
  • I'm in the why don't you fook off crowd.

Tales of the Golden Monkey
    Manumal
    Dr Snuggles
    The Water Margin
  • Mr Benn, Bananas in Pajamas, Blues Clues, Pingu, Brum.

Blues Clues remains as a favourite as it was on around 1pm, so the only times I was able to watch it was when I had the day off school.

Blues Clues remains as a favourite as it was on around 1pm, so the only times I was able to watch it was when I had the day off school.

Now there's another subject, stuff you only got to see when you were off ill. I'll kick off with Pebble Mill at One and Crown Court...

Now there's another subject, stuff you only got to see when you were off ill. I'll kick off with Pebble Mill at One and Crown Court...
    The Sullivans, Mr & Mrs
  • Anyone remember the flashing blade french with dodgy dubbing saturday mornings i think early seventies loved it
  • Teenage Mutant, Rainbow, Thomas the Tank, Fireman Sam, Sooty were the main kids' shows I think.

Film wise I used to watch Live and Let Die, Smokey and the Bandit and Every Which Way but Loose on repeat, plus a couple of Charlton and bike videos.
  • Yes bowman, I can even remember the first line of the theme... "You've got to fight for what is right..."
  • And of course, the old Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers b&w's with Larry Buster Crabb.
  • Used to show b&w stuff like Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd and series like Champion the Wonder Horse. Was also a fan of Grizzly Adams, the Littlest Hobo and the Red Hand Gang.
    At 16, was a huge fan of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Tatyana Ali was fiiiiit!
  • Sponsored links:

• As a kid:

The Flinstones, Mr Benn, Doctor Who, Crackerjack

A bit older:
    The Baker Street Boys, Shine on Harvey Moon, Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime, M*A*S*H, Cheers, The Young Ones, Auf Weidersehen Pet, The Beiderbecke Trilogy, Blackadder, OFAH, HGTTG.
  • Runaround with Mike Reid. Pretty unlikely kids TV presenter. On Safari with Christopher Biggins and his sidekick Gillian Taylforth. 'Safari! So goody!'
  • ....and Fireball XL5.

Supercar!
  • edited March 2013

Runaround with Mike Reid. Pretty unlikely kids TV presenter. On Safari with Christopher Biggins and his sidekick Gillian Taylforth. 'Safari! So goody!'

Loved it! And the Dragon game...

Edit: The Adventure Game, not the Dragon Game.
  • The missus just reminded me about Hatty Town.
  • The missus just reminded me about Hatty Town.

I had Hatty Town wallpaper in my bedroom
  • Used to show b&w stuff like Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd and series like Champion the Wonder Horse. Was also a fan of Grizzly Adams, the Littlest Hobo and the Red Hand Gang.
    At 16, was a huge fan of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Tatyana Ali was fiiiiit!

Hope you mean in the last series and not the first. lol

• What was that program that Brian Cant done, sitting on a big log with magnets? Or was I pissed.......
  • Ah, Potty Time MOG, another classic...