Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton 2013 Post-match news & views

Comments

• Options
    I apologize I just realised my error. What a plum. A well battled THREE POINTS!! Haha
  • Options
    Should make next weeks home defeat to Millwall easier to take!
  • Options
    First victory at the udders since 1999
  • Options

_nam11 said:

U mustve missed the goal nam

We got 3 points

No I was there? One is confused...
    We won 1-0 sir.
    Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan ........ Dan ......... Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan ...... we won!
  • Options

For me Fuller has been the biggest disappointment this year.

You must have missed a couple of our loan signing.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

That's the Charlton spirit!
  • Options
    I can't be arsed to go next week.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Great time to beat smallwall, their form is crap, in a relegation battle and a win would put the first nail in their coffin.

• Options

Yes the boys!

Powell guiding a team of League One players to the top half on a shoe-string budget - superb effort.

We all worry about tactics and get frustrated with subs, but our whiny morons need to stop being so reactionary for 5 minutes and be able to sit back and review this picture. Excellent season.

Well done Chris.

Amen to this.
  • Options
    Thank goodness for the away form again. Jus strange that we seem to be so good on the road but this season at least can't do it at home. Our 23rd away league win in less than 2 seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Attaboy Trev, you give that flag of yours the Persil treatment ready for next week.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2013
    Charlton have third (not 2nd) best away record in the championship just below Watford and Cardiff.

NB Edited after WSS post below.
  • Options
    We're due a home win and we're due a win over Millwall
  • Options
    So close to mathematical safety that hopefully the team can be more relaxed at the Valley next week. Would be really good if they could put on a real show against a nervy Millwall next week. Ps Only 3 wins and a draw off the play offs :-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

CAFCTrev said:

Attaboy Trev, you give that flag of yours the Persil treatment ready for next week.
    Yeah its got quite a workout this season!
  • Options
    On the pre match thread I mentioned we had a secret weapon in attendance.

Am friends with a couple who we occasionally go to away games with. Games they have seen in past 12 months are as follows: Bournemouth (1-0), Oldham (1-0), Ipswich (2-1), Blackpool (2-0), Bristol City (2-0).

They went today and of course we won. Actually had a cheeky £10 bet (my first bet this millennium) on the win at 7/4 yesterday so looking forward to collecting on Monday:)

From the radio sounded like Button and Taylor vying for MOM with great shifts from the two full backs and Pritchard. Actually felt we would hold out as thought at both games at the Valley, Town were poor. Victory next week should see us safe and then hope to see Azeez (if fit) or Smith given a go as sounds like Fuller's past his sell by date and we could do with saving his extravagant wages.
  • Options
    Over the moon, well done boys and well done SCP
  • Options
    Huge result.
    This has been an excellent 5 days and great credit to the manager and players for digging in and coming away with 4 vital points against teams who needed them as much as us.

Now if we can beat our true rivals next week it will put us realistically safe with 8 to go and leave them looking over their shoulders.
    Please God let it be!
  • Options

On the pre match thread I mentioned we had a secret weapon in attendance.

Am friends with a couple who we occasionally go to away games with. Games they have seen in past 12 months are as follows: Bournemouth (1-0), Oldham (1-0), Ipswich (2-1), Blackpool (2-0), Bristol City (2-0).

They went today and of course we won. Actually had a cheeky £10 bet (my first bet this millennium) on the win at 7/4 yesterday so looking forward to collecting on Monday:)

From the radio sounded like Button and Taylor vying for MOM with great shifts from the two full backs and Pritchard. Actually felt we would hold out as thought at both games at the Valley, Town were poor. Victory next week should see us safe and then hope to see Azeez (if fit) or Smith given a go as sounds like Fuller's past his sell by date and we could do with saving his extravagant wages.

Smith is out on loan at Colchester.
  • Options
    Can recall after 28 days though Len
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can recall after 28 days though Len

True enough.
  • Options
    Margins are so tight in this league.

We clear a few and button makes a couple of good saves and all is well with the world, the players will get 7, 8, 9 on the ratings and powell is the man.

Other weeks Powell has made similar subs and gone 451 and we've conceeded. All was doom and gloom and powell is a naïve tactically inept clueless clown who needs to be sacked because otherwise we'll be relegated and all the players are lazy and talentless. And what does Alex Dyer do?

So tight is this division that we are 12th but still nearer relegation than play-offs.

We aren't great and maybe if we'd taken some chances when leading we'd be in the top six but every team has those "if only" stories not just us.

Great win, great three points. Now for the game that matters for more than just the points.

Shoot low, Callum Harriot
  • Options
    Can I just add that the 2 matches I have been able to complete match thread on over last few weeks (due to moving home and work schedules) from start to finish have been Leicester away and today!!! I'd better do the rest of the season with no more enforced breaks!!! LOL
  • Options
    Awful game, freezing cold, middle of nowhere but great 3 points.

Up the Addicks.
  • Options
    Did the Obika song get sung VG?
  • Options
    Can I just add that the 2 matches I have been able to complete match thread on over last few weeks (due to moving home and work schedules) from start to finish have been Leicester away and today!!! I'd better do the rest of the season with no more enforced breaks!!! LOL
  • Options
    Away form is nothing short of amazing. Well done to the boys and master tactician CP. bring on the Scum now. I really want to win that one sooooooooo much
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Great result today lets expect three points next sat , day extra rest they have all sorts of injurys , anything but a win is unacceptable Time to stop making excuses and beat a real pony millwall team , my daughters first away game today she was impressed
  • Options
    Did you go
  • Options
    No just my child