Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney - 25Mil

Comments

• Options
    I want him to go to Arsenal or Spurs. Not that he will but I don't like Chelsea and I think City have too many top class strikers.
  • Options
    When i named Chelsea & City, it was based on the fact they are the only two that could afford him.
  • Options

Him being overrated is not his fault, he's not 'overrating' himself. Watch him play and appreciate what he's got at and realise what he needs to work on and make your own mind up.

I think he's a talented lad that id imagine most teams in the world would like in their squad. I think whats counted against him at Man Utd is he's been played in too many positions. Before RVP joined and after Ronaldo left, he was the focus point of Uniteds attack and enjoying himself. Now he's found himself playing deeper, or on the left or on the bench.

Want him to stay in The Prem, so Chelsea or City.

No chance of that unless either pay daft money, would Rooney help either win the CL?

Tough one, he's a home bird like Ian Rush was, can't see him living OS.
  • Options
    Won't City go for Cavanni or that other top fella whose name alludes me?

Falcao i think.
  • Options

The big question for me would be where could he go ? Don't see another Prem club signing him which leave him going abroad. Learning to speak another language and settling into a new culture ? Can't see it myself.

City and Chelsea would love to sign him.

Despite what people think of his current form/fitness, he's still without doubt one of United's best players.

• Options
    I know VG. He would more than likely have to take a pay cut if he was to go to anywhere other than Chelsea or City. This could be the year Wenger spends big!
  • Options

The big question for me would be where could he go ? Don't see another Prem club signing him which leave him going abroad. Learning to speak another language and settling into a new culture ? Can't see it myself.

City and Chelsea would love to sign him.
    Do you reckon Benitez would take Rooney + £25m for Torres? :)

• Options
    Looks as though many on here have made their mind up on him based purely on what has happened for England. Your own fault if you pinned all your expectations on him in the last few major tournaments.

Goals for Manchester United over the past few seasons:

2009-2010 - 34 goals in 44 appearances
    2010-2011 - 16 goals in 40 appearances
    2011-2012 - 34 goals in 44 appearances
    2012-2013 (so far) - 14 goals in 27 appearances

Very fuckin decent if you ask me.
  • Options
    Very good player, but not better than People like RVP, Falcao, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Suarez, Aguero, Di Natale, Cavani and Kermorgant imo
  • Options
    25 million is a good buy for any club for a great if not world class player who will get you goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's peeked now.
    Not gonna get any better.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Very good player, but not better than People like Kermorgant imo

This.

• Options
    edited March 2013

He's not worth that. Not if RVP was £24m.

Carroll was £35m.

He cost £35m. He isn't/wasn't worth £35m. There's a massive difference. You can't use Liverpool's recklessness as the market benchmark.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Very good player, but not better than People like RVP, Falcao, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Suarez, Aguero, Di Natale, Cavani and Kermorgant imo

• Options
    Greenie said:

He's peeked now.

What at? RVP in the shower?
  • Options
    Smacks of a storm in a teacup, but if Man Utd did want to cash in then there won't be a better time. His value isn't going to increase any, they already have a successor in RVP and they desperately need a quality midfielder or two, and a centre back with Rio advancing in years and Vidic injury plagued. They may win the prem this year, but Ferguson knows he needs 3 quality signings in the summer, and it may be a case of selling before he's allowed the £40-50 million it'd probably take to get 3 top class players in.
  • Options
    I would be very surprised if they sold him. Was just a tactical decision by Fergie which was working brilliantly until the red card. He still plays loads there and I can't see anyway they would sell him to Chelsea/City.

If he did go though, I could only see Real or PSG as options.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    He 'forced' the club to pay him an absolute fortune eighteen (I think) months ago. He is not likely to sign for less when his current contract comes to an end in 2015 so this summer United need to seriously think about selling him or agreeing to pay him (presumably) more money than he's on now. Rooney is 30 in October 2015 and I seriously doubt that he will play much beyond his 20s - he is a different physical specimen to Ryan Giggs.

These facts added together make it completely predictable that rumours of him moving would surface the week Danny Welbeck gets the place in front of him, for United's biggest game of the season.

£25m doesn't sound like a lot compared to other deals in the last few years but if I'm right and he only has a couple of years left at the top of the game It's going to be a tough sale to get a club to commit more bearing in mind that his advisers will demand at least a four year deal on £10m, plus, a season. Over four years that means that you could end up shelling out £65m for a player that has no resale value and might only be a squad player for the last two years of his contract.

If United are all about winning trophies next season and the season after then they may hold on to him but if there is any business planning going on behind the scenes they will be seriously thinking of cashing in on him soon.
  • Options
    Lewandowski in
    Ronaldo in
    Rooney out
    Hernandez out

United would be better off
  • Options
    MattD said:

Lewandowski in
    Ronaldo in
    Rooney out
    Hernandez out

Even if they sell Rooney and Hernandez for £25m each they still can't afford Ronaldo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

MattD said:

Lewandowski in
    Ronaldo in
    Rooney out
    Hernandez out

Even if they sell Rooney and Hernandez for £25m each they still can't afford Ronaldo.

Its not like making up the extra 10m is out of Uniteds reach
  • Options
    MattD said:

Lewandowski in - £15m
    Ronaldo in - £50m
    Rooney out - £25m
    Hernandez out - £15m

£65m out and £40m back at best.......

Not sure they'll be better off

• Options
    £10m? Try another £40m on top of that. He has a release clause of 1 billion euros and there is no way in hell Real let him go for less than £100m.
  • Options
    I reckon Sir Alex has looked at the strikers who are doing the business these days, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez etc who are all very quick with great technique, and reckons that Rooney has eaten too many pies.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

£10m? Try another £40m on top of that. He has a release clause of 1 billion euros and there is no way in hell Real let him go for less than £100m.

He is 28 now, if he decides he wants to go back to Man U they would settle for less than that. Not to mention player power as the contract runs down.
  • Options
    I really like Hernandez.
  • Options

I really like Hernandez.

Hernandez is quality but not the kind of player happy to sit on the bench by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

MattD said:

Lewandowski in - £15m
    Ronaldo in - £50m
    Rooney out - £25m
    Hernandez out - £15m

£65m out and £40m back at best.......

Not sure they'll be better off

You might get one of Ronaldo's legs for 50m. And not a hope in hell lewandowski would be as cheap as 15m either
  • Options
    MattD said:

Rizzo said:

He is 28 now, if he decides he wants to go back to Man U they would settle for less than that. Not to mention player power as the contract runs down.
    he might be 28, but physically ronaldo is very fit, can see him (barring serious injury) playing well into his mid thirties at the highest level. Can't say the same about Rooney though.
  • Options
    Maybe they are putting 2 and 2 together with the Beckham situation of not starting in 2003 against Real and leaving in the summer.

If thats the case, Paolo Di Canio will be our new manager in the summer.