Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My name is Obika...

Comments

• Plaaayer said:

I'd like to make a statement on behalf of my client, Plaaayer.

I'd like to apologise for my cringe inducing actions on the night on Tuesday 6th March 2013.

On the night in question I had consumed large quantities of alcohol and had minimal food consumption during the day. Whilst I realise this is not and excuse, I would like to point out that i did get overly excited as 'I Am The Music Man' was my favourite songs as a child, this song brought back great memories for me and made me feel warm and fuzzy again inside. I was also egged on by a number of people that will remain nameless and did not at any time realise I was being filmed.

I now know that nothing can make you cringe more than singing outside of a football stadium, not asking about the Adams Family song at the beginning of a Q&A, not people wearing white socks with sandals or even Crystal Palace in general.

Whilst I realise I will never be a cool, downwithit, or as hip as Jimmy, I hope this apology will help with his healing process and inevitable counselling that he will need to go through to forget this matter.

I hope you can respect mine and my families privacy at this time.

My client will not be taking question

Thank you.

Sorry just had to watch it again , Love it , Love it , Love it , we should get this on the big screen at the Valley , instead of singing Fiiiish , they can sing Plaaayer , Plaaayer.
  • He seems sincere in his apology. Not sure why he went through his agent, but i guess this might be just through embarrassment of being in the centre of yet another scandal which provides more ammunition for our critics who question charlton fans behaviour and credibility.

lets hope this all blows over soon. Not just for his sake but for all of us Charlton fans across the world.
    I'm sure the charlton supporters trust will deal with him in the meantime.
  • Plaaayer said:

I'd like to make a statement on behalf of my client, Plaaayer.

I'd like to apologise for my cringe inducing actions on the night on Tuesday 6th March 2013.

On the night in question I had consumed large quantities of alcohol and had minimal food consumption during the day. Whilst I realise this is not and excuse, I would like to point out that i did get overly excited as 'I Am The Music Man' was my favourite songs as a child, this song brought back great memories for me and made me feel warm and fuzzy again inside. I was also egged on by a number of people that will remain nameless and did not at any time realise I was being filmed.

I now know that nothing can make you cringe more than singing outside of a football stadium, not asking about the Adams Family song at the beginning of a Q&A, not people wearing white socks with sandals or even Crystal Palace in general.

Whilst I realise I will never be a cool, downwithit, or as hip as Jimmy, I hope this apology will help with his healing process and inevitable counselling that he will need to go through to forget this matter.

I hope you can respect mine and my families privacy at this time.

My client will not be taking question

Thank you.

• I'd sack the agent, can't even get the date right.
  • Obi, obi, obika, obika, obika, obi, obi, obika, obi, obikaaaaaaaa
  • JT you are the gif king.

Always have a GIF for any occasion. Top stuff
  • More importantly, is Plaaayer gonna lead this one off next time Obika comes on?
  • ITS THE GREATEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL SEASON!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha ha it's better than Red Army
  • Ha, brilliant. At least this one wasn't in the club style pal :-)
  • is that a phil parkinson tribute jumper?
  • Just seen it.

Wow.
  • jt gets it.
  • Class ahhhahahaa
  • Orangina Macarena next time
  • OMG that's the sort of thing I do...keep doing it Player, fooking brilliant!
  • So funny. I play de football
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    Too difficult a song to catch on for us

But plaaaayer clearly knows some lyrics and has some moves so fairplay

• Quality - although there was better singing at train bar on way home..
  • Was that Ketman in the video? Why doesn't he come on here anymore?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was that Ketman in the video? Why doesn't he come on here anymore?

His dad told him to stop hanging about with yobs

• WSS said:

Dazzler21 said:

Was that Ketman in the video? Why doesn't he come on here anymore?

His dad told him to stop hanging about with yobs

He has helped the Club identify all the yobs. There will be notices on their seats at the next home game.
  • Some Peterborough fan tweeted that we were the best away support there this season!

I think sparsely populated terraces are more enjoyable than packed ones.
  • was totally miffed as to what you lot were on about then I found this on twitter: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/GlennSoutham/view/14905585

quality!!!

It's only them bloody lairy northern lads we had some trouble with in the Cherry Tree pub!!

• Lol!
  • Haha, quality!
  • Plaaayer said:

I come from Tottenham
    And I can plaaaaaay

My old man still wants to know who these Northern lads were in the Cherry Tree pub :-) He then spootted them on the tube singing "My name is Obika..." and joined in!

He has a couple of seasons left in him before I retire him from boozy aways days! #headsgone