Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

1 - 0 To the Homeowner

I was on my way home from work this morning driving down my road at 4.40 a few houses from my house when 3 scum bags about 18-20 come walking off my drive with my 11 and 6 yr olds bikes from the back garden, so I did the right thing put my foot down mounted the pavement with two wheels and managed to hit and send one off the little fuckers flying I jumped out and managed to get two good punches on a second one leaving him with a bloodied face before they fled one looking like he was in serious pain and I got the bikes back. I was fuming how dare they little bastards climb my fence into my garden and steal my children's bikes, not even adults bikes but kids bikes one only being 18inches high. I've been carpet shop today and bought gripper rod and nailed that to the top of the fence incase anyone else wishes to try and climb over, I got that idea off of a police officer up the school this morning when I told him what happened.

Comments

• Fair play to you
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2013
    Nice way of admitting GBH...
  • Yoot
  • Good! Well done.
  • WSS said:

Nice way of admitting GBH...

Yeah you should have asked them politely and given them a stern telling off , I'm sure that would have worked.
  • edited February 2013
    no no no jump up and down wave your arms in the air to distract them---HM Gov advice.
  • Not saying I wouldn't do it myself mate - just don't want you to get any grief from the authorities because you've gone public.
  • Yeah not a very smart thing to do bragging about it on the internet. If one of the little pricks decides to try it on and come forward to the Police accusing you of GBH you've just put a permanent and very easily tracable record of it in a totally public domain which could seriously compromise your defence if it came down to legal procedings.

• Yeah not a very smart thing to do bragging about it on the internet. If one of the little pricks decides to try it on and come forward to the Police accusing you of GBH you've just put a permanent and very easily tracable record of it in a totally public domain which could seriously compromise your defence if it came down to legal procedings.

Good god
  • edited February 2013
    Be careful with the gripper rod. Surprised a copper told you to do this - there are plenty of legal precedents that say you can't use glass, nails, barbed wire etc on fences in case a trespasser cuts themselves on it (I'm not kidding - look it up). When we were burgled a few years ago, I told the copper I was putting broken glass on my single storey extension to stop it happening again - he seriously advised against it.

If I ever caught some little c*** nicking anything out of my property or garden I'd kill him - no question about it. Bollocks to the consequences
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to you I say.

But I would have half an ear open for a six o'clock knock. The real criminals in this country are those that are wronged against and don't we know it.
  • Well done , my brother came home from pub to see a couple of youths nicking his motor bike from the front garden he smashed the lad and got the bike back , sadly he hurt he's hand with the shot and had to get it sorted .
  • edited February 2013
  • Plenty of places have barbed wire, so it's obviously not illegal to have some form of barbed or sharp protection. I imagine a small sign is all the is required legally to cover you.

Not really - just the same as saying that this might not be the wisest way to announce it without using so many words.

Personally would like to think I would do the same but until you are in the situation you'll never know.

• I absolutely love what you did, but keep it stum matey and be ready with a well thought story.
  • If they were in the back garden, how did they even know the bikes were there?
  • edited February 2013
    In this shithole of a country the law is loaded in favour of the burglar or trespasser so YOU could well be the one in trouble despite being the victim of these scumbags!

Anti-vandal paint is allowed, with proper notification, from what I can see.

http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/using-barbed-wire-glass-intruder-prevention-methods.html

Best solution is prickly bushes as they are "natural"
  • Another thing I've seen suggested is using trelice (sp?) to increase the height of your fence by a foot or two without necessarily making it look like you're trying to trying to shut yourself off from the outside world or having to go to the considerable expense of installing a completely new fence.
  • Brilliant !
    Any gripper you need (architectal gripper is 4" wide) just ask.
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

ahem ahem ahem, so I did the right thing put my foot down mounted the pavement with two wheels and managed to hit and send one off the little fuckers flying ahem ahem ahem.

Disgusted with you Smiffy, how the feck did you only manage to get just one with the car?
  • i thought you told me you had Oscar Pistorius in the car with you?
  • Good luck to you Smiffyboy. Hopefully the little fuckers will think twice about robbing someones property again.
  • Think you were too soft mate. I would have made sure that neither of them would have been able to walk away, well not without a severe limp anyway.
  • LenGlover said:

In this shithole of a country the law is loaded in favour of the burglar or trespasser so YOU could well be the one in trouble despite being the victim of these scumbags!

Anti-vandal paint is allowed, with proper notification, from what I can see.

http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/using-barbed-wire-glass-intruder-prevention-methods.html

Best solution is prickly bushes as they are "natural"

Is there a way we can blame the EU though Len?

Come on mate, you must be able to pin this on the Brussels bureaucrats somehow....:)
  • Good for you Smiffy.