Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Or Curbishley

Whos your favourite? Which would you prefer leading the team?

Comments

• Options
    Andy Nelson

;-) now is Chris, before was Curbs ...way too soon to compare
  • Options
    A few more seasons for Chrissy and it is gonna be a tough call for favourite Charlton manager for me.
  • Options
    Powell is a better character but curbs done so much management wise this isn't even close in my opinion.
  • Options
    Curbs for me, but powell has still loads of time.
  • Options
    Powell man management, big warm personality...Curbs, dour, focused. Too different for me to make a comparison.
  • Options
    Ask me again when Chrissy has a few more years under his managerial belt.
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    Curbs at the moment. Very pleased with Powell though, I'm one of the 'mid-table is good this season' brigade.
  • Options
    Person Powell ... Manager easy Curbs. The modern game, the nature of ownership and potential it will always be Curbs.
  • Options
    Curbishley, most successful manager in our history. Absolute no contest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easily Curbs. Powell has a long way to go to overtake Lennie first anyway!
  • Options
    Curbs but maybe one day Powell can be as good and loved.
  • Options
    Curbs obviously achieved more but he was here 15 years, Powell's only been here two.

In terms of who i'd want to be our manager right now, it has to be Powell.
  • Options

Curbishley, most successful manager in our history. Absolute no contest.

Really? not the manager who took us to the top flight for the first time after back to back promotions, then oversaw our highest ever league finish and guided us to two FA Cup finals?
  • Options
    Bit early in SCP's career for this question.

I would be happy with either.
  • Options
    i couldn't answer if you asked which of my sons was my favourite , i love them all unconditionally
  • Options
    In the spirit of the thread curbs all day long

Would i swap for him now with scp

No i wouldnt
  • Options
    Praps
  • Options
    Curbs at this moment in time but ask me again in say 2-5 years and my answer may be different.
  • Options
    Ask me in 25 years time when we've just won the Champions League for the 9th time :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Planning on living beyond 100 then MIA?

• Options
    Obviously Curbs, Powell is way of at the moment.
  • Options
    There is a list of Charlton managers who have secured one promotion including Andy Nelson and Mike Bailey...
    Curbishley is in that very select group who have secured two promotions ... and of course both of those to the top division.
    Perhaps Powell will be given the time and resources to join that group and the comparison will be valid
  • Options
    You could easily argue a case for both really...
  • Options
    Curbs over powell but then like others have stated powell still has a few more years to go. Jimmy seed was obviously our most successful and talented manager.
  • Options
    Powelly still learning as boss :) like curbs and gritty was in 92! Curbs for me at moment but just wait!.........prem with chrissy :)
  • Options
    Curbs is a legend Powell is one in the making
  • Options
    Ditto AddickedAthletic
  • Options
    Curbs but Powell has the potential to overtake him
  • Options
    Daft question, sorry. Curbs is a legendary manager, Powell is a legendary player. If you want to talk about the future, do it in the future. The only other thing I would say is that because Chris is a legendary player, a lovely bloke, and overwhelmingly popular, when the times comes, and it surely will, to judge him, it will be almost impossible to make objective decisions. Only my opinion but Curbs was loved because of the fantastic job he did for this Club. I never actually saw his loveable side, but he and Jimmy Seed will take some beating.