Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• in fairness, it's not water they add - rather Nematocera liquid by-product
  • Tastes like water - awful beer.
  • I'd be more suprised if they'd been accused of adding beer to their water.
  • Even its inventor called it slop and refused to drink it!
  • I quite like it :S
  • If its homeopathic then...the more water you add the stronger it gets.
  • What a disaster of a beer. No wonder it needs multi million pound advertising to keep it going in europe. More disgusting ,plastic and tasteless i have never tasted. However, i work in Portsmouth, and when the Yank boats are in, the local boozas get huge amounts of Bud in - and it gets drunk !
    Now, best beers - hmmmm, maybe that needs a new thread ?!!!!
  • I thought they already made it cheaply enough without adding water! Be interesting to see how this one develops.

I am partial to the odd bottle of Bud, I must say.

I am partial to the odd bottle of Bud, I must say.
    Yuk.
    Dirty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does make me laugh how Budweiser usually gets slated by most in the UK for tasting like p155..........whilst Fosters and Carling continue to be the best selling beers?!
  • edited February 2013
    I Like a bottle of bud
  • Fosters Carling Bud all taste like pish to me. Plenty better beers out there
  • DanDavis said:

Does make me laugh how Budweiser usually gets slated by most in the UK for tasting like p155..........whilst Fosters and Carling continue to be the best selling beers?!

I laugh when people call Fosters and Carling beer!
    I cannot think of any exception of this rule: All foreign beers manufactured (I refuse to say brewed) in the UK are crap, whether bottled, canned or on tap.
    Although I have been to the US many times I have never tried Bud over there, maybe it's better. The only decent American beers I've had have been way out in Colorado.
  • Budweiser .. special watery rice !!
  • All yank booze is awful.
  • Michelob =good
    Budweiser = bad
  • DanDavis said:

Does make me laugh how Budweiser usually gets slated by most in the UK for tasting like p155..........whilst Fosters and Carling continue to be the best selling beers?!

Because its propped up by advertising , and 18 - 21 year olds thinking they're cool by drinking whats on telly.
  • Vinnie V. said:

All yank booze is awful.

Bit of a sweeping statement - but understand what you are saying.

TBH if you want a 'lager' then you cannot beat Belgium and Germany. Else if you want an 'ale' then UK is the place to be.
  • DanDavis said:

Because its propped up by advertising , and 18 - 21 year olds thinking they're cool by drinking whats on telly.
    You think its 18-21 drinking the majority of Fosters and Carling? i thought they were all drinking Blue WKDs'!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sam Adams,Brooklyn Lager and Miller Draught are good beers from over there imo,I wonder if it's the huge mass prodcution that lets bud down. It's certainly not as bad as a lot of 'beer' we drink here though
  • Riviera said:

DanDavis said:

I cannot think of any exception of this rule: All foreign beers manufactured (I refuse to say brewed) in the UK are crap, whether bottled, canned or on tap.
    Although I have been to the US many times I have never tried Bud over there, maybe it's better. The only decent American beers I've had have been way out in Colorado.
    It's all about personal preference but I don't think Peroni for instance is 'crap'. Or a bottle of Birra Moretti, I'd say it tastes near on the same as it does in Italy.

Bud tastes the same here as it does in the UK, people aren't drinking it because its a taste sensation....they are drinking it as you can pick up a box of 30 for $18.99.

• Croydon said:

Sam Adams,Brooklyn Lager and Miller Draught are good beers from over there imo,I wonder if it's the huge mass prodcution that lets bud down. It's certainly not as bad as a lot of 'beer' we drink here though

Def disagree from mho - Bud is at the bottom of the pile, just below Carling and Fosters.
  • DanDavis said:

DanDavis said:

You think its 18-21 drinking the majority of Fosters and Carling? i thought they were all drinking Blue WKDs'!
    Nah, thats the Millwall 18-21 year olds.Pissed on half a bottle and running around New Cross Road smashing shop windahs.
  • Didn't like it anyway but not going to buy if it is anti-gay as the thread title suggests.

Czech Budvar is OK if you like that sort of thing.

Sierra Nevada pale ale is very good
  • i like bud Ice and coors....
  • Didn't like it anyway but not going to buy if it is anti-gay as the thread title suggests.

Ah, Budvar is the dogs.
  • All lagers taste like piss to me, but if i had to pick one, i'd always pick budweiser.

If you've ever been to the states, where they drink bud LITE. Hilarious seeing people drink it and acting like they're absolutely trashed. It's basically a glorified shandy.
  • DanDavis said:

Riviera said:

DanDavis said:

It's all about personal preference but I don't think Peroni for instance is 'crap'. Or a bottle of Birra Moretti, I'd say it tastes near on the same as it does in Italy.

Bud tastes the same here as it does in the UK, people aren't drinking it because its a taste sensation....they are drinking it as you can pick up a box of 30 for $18.99.

I think you'll find Moretti is imported, so it should taste pretty near the same as does in Italy.

Joking aside Henry, I did actually read the title as...gone homophobic.