Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M 20 Closed

My daughter has just told me that the M20 is closed London bound between junction 3 and Swanley interchange and is likely to remain so until at least1 pm.

She is stuck on the M2, and has been for nearly an hour, and travelled about 3 miles!

Comments

• Saw that on the travel news. They were sending traffic down the M26, which leads onto the M25 at Junction 5, which is always congested at the best of times. Then there's the fact that you can't come off the M25 at J5 and need to carry on to J6, turn round and come back again. Absolute bloody nightmare!
  • Ah saw this so went to cafe

Not sitting in all that traffic kings hill solid
  • i need to be heading that way in just over an hour - does anyone know if you can get on at wrotham going towards London (junction 2)

thanks
  • Same here just leaving now
    To join at kings hill
    Last I was told traffic backing to Maidstone
    Hopefully cleared and open now?
  • i need to be heading that way in just over an hour - does anyone know if you can get on at wrotham going towards London (junction 2)

thanks

I hope so, she'll go f**king mental if you're late!

If it's closed between 3 and Swanley I'd say not. Highways Agency is saying still closed. It was last updated at 06.29 this morning though so not much bloody use!

• Driving upto Lewisham Friday...not looking forward to it one bit, sooner get the train but we have a fair bit of 'stuff' to bring up...so car it is.
  • edited February 2013

i need to be heading that way in just over an hour - does anyone know if you can get on at wrotham going towards London (junction 2)

thanks

I hope so, she'll go f**king mental if you're late!
    I LOLd
  • Is it sorted now??
  • According to BBC travel news it is clear now
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks very much ME14.
  • Highways Agency says "On the M20 westbound between junctions J3 and J1, there are currently delays of 10 mins due to barrier repairs following an earlier serious accident. Normal traffic conditions expected from 5:30 pm"
  • Rizzo said:

Highways Agency says "On the M20 westbound between junctions J3 and J1, there are currently delays of 10 mins due to barrier repairs following an earlier serious accident. Normal traffic conditions expected from 5:30 pm. Golfie, fill your boots"