Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A View From Nottingham

Had a great day out in Charlton, lovely, warm friendly club. Please have a read of my match report:

http://stickypalms.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/charlton-athletic-0-nottingham-forest-2.html

All the Best

Comments

• Just wish we could of made you work for it. all the best.
  • "For all Forest’s possession they barely fashion a chance in the opening quarter. The game-changer happens on 35 minutes. "

Try telling that to some of ours mate!
  • Blimey, stick around on here (excuse the pun) and you'll see that we clearly were destined to lose after about 5 minutes.
  • cafctom said:

Blimey, stick around on here (excuse the pun) and you'll see that we clearly were destined to lose after about 5 minutes during the warm up.

fixed it for you

• Sticky, Do Forest play like that every week? The way you stretched Charlton with clever movement and accurate passing made you look Premiership to me, even when 11 v 11. How come you are not top of the league?
  • Like the write up Sticky. All the best.
  • Sticky, Do Forest play like that every week? The way you stretched Charlton with clever movement and accurate passing made you look Premiership to me, even when 11 v 11. How come you are not top of the league?

Yes they played some good football before Yann got sent off but they created Sod all. As soon as Yann got himself sent off they had 65 minutes to stretch us. We were shite but still in it at 0-0 then Yann gifted them the 3 points from hero to zero in the space of a few days.

I think I can answer that one, at least the main reason. Because they have had 3 managers in half a season.

I think I can answer that one, at least the main reason. Because they have had 3 managers in half a season.
    Also how many matches has Reid played?
  • Decent enough write up but dont think kermits kick has got much on cantonas.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Overhead line"....?
  • £30 a ticket, bloody hell!
  • Overhead line ? think they had just been on the tube,hence back on what people from up north call the overhead line.
  • 30 pound... what a shocker!!

Yes overhead means not underground.

Great write up.

• Think the confidence arrived during the Huddersfield game 6-1. Davies is superb man-manager. NFFC well on top before the daft sending off. It just gave NFFC more chance to exploit the gaps and tire you out. Top day out. All the best for the rest of the season. Great club, Charlton are. Cheers Sticky

Good point. Just makes you wonder how it went wrong with O'Driscoll, who I understood to be a similarly "expansive minded" manager.
  • Nicholas said:

Sticky, Do Forest play like that every week? The way you stretched Charlton with clever movement and accurate passing made you look Premiership to me, even when 11 v 11. How come you are not top of the league?

Yes they played some good football before Yann got sent off but they created Sod all. As soon as Yann got himself sent off they had 65 minutes to stretch us. We were shite but still in it at 0-0 then Yann gifted them the 3 points from hero to zero in the space of a few days.

Still think we would have got beat with Yann on the pitch.