Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Banksy/Poundland/Sale to the USA

What say you?

Personally, if he decides to paint/draw on private property, then the property owners have the right to do with it what they please, where do some people get off believing it belongs to them and the "community"

Comments

• Options
    Whatever anyone does, don't blame Labour or the thread will get closed down.
  • Options
    It's obvious the real reason it was taken down from sale was because they couldn't get Banksy to sign an authentification certificate, without that it is worthless at auction.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

It's obvious the real reason it was taken down from sale was because they couldn't get Banksy to sign an authentification certificate, without that it is worthless at auction.

Wouldnt say worthless

• Options
    I'm certain that if Banksy had painted somehing on my property I'd be trying to flog it for half a million too!
  • Options
    I thought it got taken down because it wasn't removed by the owner of the building and therefore didn't belog to the seller?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Huskaris said:

Wouldnt say worthless

Very low value then. Without authentication it's just another piece of street art.

Names are more valuable than the picture in the artworld.
  • Options
    DRF said:

I thought it got taken down because it wasn't removed by the owner of the building and therefore didn't belog to the seller?

Taken down by contractors on instructions from the landlord/building owner apparently, and they came back and put a perspex cover over a new picture of a rat that had been painted next to the now empty space, as some believed that was banksy making a protest.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

What say you?

Personally, if he decides to paint/draw on private property, then the property owners have the right to do with it what they please, where do some people get off believing it belongs to them and the "community"

too true. It's always the ones with nothing to do that hang around protesting nonsense
  • Options
    How come he always manages to do such distinctive artwork in really public places but no one ever sees him or knows who he is
  • Options
    I love banksy and his work i have always been in to graffiti or street art as it is now reffered to

But once banksy done some private work for promonant stars it seemed to tarnish my impression of him however every artist must make a shilling

There was a young man who tagged condem everywhere when i was a teenager

His piece work was superb and i used to stand in awe at what he could do with a spray can and the lengths we all used to go to to put the taggs and pieces all over london

I heard though once i had left sth london and moved on from tagging that darren had past away due to an incident with a train

Some graffiti artists are just superb at what they do and should be held in that vein