Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Solly - what does he even bring to the team?

Oh sorry. I just thought there was meant to be a thread for everyone?

Please, can we settle down for tonight on this site, it is getting ridiculous.

Okay, we had a shocker as a collective unit, we never properly got going. It was always going to be a tough game, and just when we started to get our foot on the ball KMG gets sent off.

But ... please I urge you Lifers to stop the digging out of our players, it does not help. Stephens had a shocker, but cheering when he completed his first pass is idiotic, how do you think that makes him feel? It certainly wouldn't have helped his performance. Same with Hamer.

People have short memories, Leicester was such a good performance, if you went you would understand. It didn't happen for us today but we proved we have the ability to do anyone in this division, we go again next week.

Get behind the boys!

COYR!!!!

Over and out.

Comments

• Good Post !
  • Personally think the players have got off pretty lightly at home.

Our home record is abysmal.
  • Think everyone's getting a bit fed up with our home performances 4 wins at home .Season tickets soon to be renewed its not a good combination
  • Beckboy said:

Think everyone's getting a bit fed up with our home performances 4 wins at home .Season tickets soon to be renewed its not a good combination

Actually no i do agree with you !
  • Beckboy said:

Think everyone's getting a bit fed up with our home performances 4 wins at home .Season tickets soon to be renewed its not a good combination

This is understandable, but there must be a better way to vent the frustration. The atmosphere after ten minutes after a slow start was simply toxic. Getting behind the team works.

I know this is a tired arguament, but looked what happened when we got behind the team at 2-0 down against the team leaders. In question and answer sessions the players said, I can't remember exactly who, that they felt they had to pull something out of the bag, simply because of the dedication of supporters.

I'm not for one second defending the performance today, it was dire. But an atmosphere such as today leads to a downward spiral. It reminded me of the dark days under Pardew and Parky, have we not learnt?
  • Beckboy said:

This is understandable, but there must be a better way to vent the frustration. The atmosphere after ten minutes after a slow start was simply toxic. Getting behind the team works.

I know this is a tired arguament, but looked what happened when we got behind the team at 2-0 down against the team leaders. In question and answer sessions the players said, I can't remember exactly who, that they felt they had to pull something out of the bag, simply because of the dedication of supporters.

I'm not for one second defending the performance today, it was dire. But an atmosphere such as today leads to a downward spiral. It reminded me of the dark days under Pardew and Parky, have we not learnt?
    I agree to a point but the players have got to give us something to cheer about a shot at goal would be a start if they start flat and on the back foot so will the crowd
  • Beckboy said:

Beckboy said:

I agree to a point but the players have got to give us something to cheer about a shot at goal would be a start if they start flat and on the back foot so will the crowd
    Chicken and egg situation I suppose. However, and sorry to go back to the same point, we didn't have much to cheer about at 2-0 down v Cardiff.
  • Personally think the players have got off pretty lightly at home.

It is, but today wasn't about how bad we were, it was about how good Forest were. They had quality all over the pitch, and hard work wasn't ever going to be enough, especially with ten men.

For me, the only time to boo our own players is if they've not put in the effort. You cannot possibly accuse them of that today. They just weren't good enough.
  • rikofold said:

Personally think the players have got off pretty lightly at home.

It is, but today wasn't about how bad we were, it was about how good Forest were. They had quality all over the pitch, and hard work wasn't ever going to be enough, especially with ten men.

For me, the only time to boo our own players is if they've not put in the effort. You cannot possibly accuse them of that today. They just weren't good enough.
    Personally thought we were really flat today. Real lack of urgency. The only way we were going to get past Forest was for us to press high up the pitch and for our midfield to hunt their ball players in packs.

We looked lethargic and did none of the above. Can only assume Tuesday took a lot out of them.
  • Beckboy said:

Beckboy said:

Chicken and egg situation I suppose. However, and sorry to go back to the same point, we didn't have much to cheer about at 2-0 down v Cardiff.
    Yes but we created a chance got back to 1-2 gave us a lift we raised our voices which in turn raised the players which carried us on to the win but today nothing even before yann got sent off .But forest we to good for us today far to strong in the midfield i lost count of how many times Pritchard got shrugged off the ball but bad day we move on .
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

Personally think the players have got off pretty lightly at home.

There really wasn't a lot of effort out there today. Wagstaff was his usual 'dog chasing cars' self, Pritchard will always put himself around, Jacko and Wiggins are the only other two who really looked up for it. Solly defended well but didn't offer a tremendous amount attack wise today, compared to his usual performances anyway.

That said, I did not boo nor join the ironic/moronic/witty (delete as you feel appropriate) cheering of passes, though I can totally get why people were frustrated.
  • Defends well. Doesn't attack enough for me.
  • The sarcastic cheering for when we put some passes together in the first half was simply disgusting from our 'support'.

And some wonder why we struggle a bit more at home. These to$$ers amongst our support are part of the problem.

The true supporters who go away don't groan at the top of their voices when we lose the ball. They get behind the team from start to finish.

Some Charlton fans infuriate me more than anything else in Football at the moment.
  • I couldve done better than some of them today. They were shit and deserved the abuse.

Forest were good but that dont stop us making a pass propeely

• People have short memories, Leicester was such a good performance, if you went you would understand. It didn't happen for us today but we proved we have the ability to do anyone in this division, we go again next week.

Which is exactly why people get so frustrated. It's the same team, in front of our home fans, and we played like a total bunch of strangers. Not being able to string 2 passes together, 3 shots with only 1 on target....how is that possible after beating a top team away with the same 11 men?
  • cafctom said:

The true supporters who go away don't groan at the top of their voices when we lose the ball.

I don't think you can decide who is a true supporter.
  • I didn't boo or cheer at the passes but in my opinion if people want to, they should be allowed to.

The team played terribly and they deserve to know that the fans are disappointed, just like we let them know when they are happy.

They will be more aware than any of us that we have the biggest gap between home and away points in the league and that simply isn't good enough.
  • Always felt yesterdays game would be tough after the high of leiceter and no doubt forest were by far the better team,but as the home team surely we have to offer more going forward.we never at any stage looked like the home team.
  • cafctom said:

The true supporters who go away don't groan at the top of their voices when we lose the ball.

Those who want to sarcastically cheer our players after about 25 minutes when the score is 0-0 are not true supporters. I don't care how many years they've been going or how much money they've paid.
  • everyone has got there right to say what they want about the team within reason i think aslong as its not racist not too rude etc, end of the day everyone pays for the right to be at the ground and as for away fans not getting pissed off thats not true hull away last week "youre fucking useless hamer" just to qoute one of many i heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• We're not alone in having a big chunk of fickle fans. It seems to happen allover. However up to us "supporters" to out shout the jeerers.
  • cafctom said:

Isn't the clue in the word. Supporter means giving support, which implies encouragement and understanding - not jeering and destroying confidence

• cafctom said:

Who are you to decide who are true supporters?
  • From a business perspective, winning at home and losing away is preferable. People will be starting to see going to the Valley as a chore! We need to find a few wins and make us all feel better about going - I'll be there next season but it may be the difference between some others buying STs or not. It is supposed to be easier to win at home than away!!!
  • Home form has been far from impressive, but 100% agree with the original post.

Get behind the team FFS, the, as described, toxic atmosphere of frustration can turn into a self fulfilling prophecy where their heads drop and play worse.

Some might say that the players should react the right way and play better when they hear the bitterness of the crowd, but when has that ever happened?
  • I think our home form is all part of a cunning plan by CP to get promotion next season by getting the players used to winning away from home first, then next season cracking the home form.
  • Where is this "toxic" atmosphere people are harping on about?.

The majority of yesterdays game was played in funerial silence.

9/10 the atmosphere at The Valley is shit, but "toxic"? Nowhere near it.
  • Quite agree with your sentiments Addicted. Having been at the Cardiff match and at Leicester on Tuesday, it is obvious that loyal support of players has a positive effect, however difficult that is at times. On another point raised, did you notice how Leicester fans were leaving, when we took the lead with about 20 minutes left and they had only lost twice at home before us. There is no excuse for proper " supporters " booing or abusing their own players, it doesn't do anything for anyone.
  • My perception of our support yesterday differs from those views here. I thought it was pretty good, considering what was served up on the pitch. After we conceded the first goal the North Stand were still singing "Chrissy Powell's Red Army" and continued to do so. The cheering passes completely went over my head - I thought it was people appreciating our lads keeping possession.
  • Where is this "toxic" atmosphere people are harping on about?.

The majority of yesterdays game was played in funerial silence.

9/10 the atmosphere at The Valley is shit, but "toxic"? Nowhere near it.

You clearly weren't at Leicester last week - now that was a shit atmosphere from home fans.

I sit in the West Upper, and at least in the North Upper's defence, I thought there was noise constantly emanating from them, and there is most home games. It's the "Wagstaff you're shit" type shouts from individuals that I would like to see cut out. That's really has no positive impact