Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO golfers

question.
your ball lands in a bunker that has water in part of it. indeed it lands in that water. it is my understanding that you can drop the ball within the hazard (1 club length nearest p.o.r.) with no penalty.
whilst retrieving the ball from the water, you make footprints in the bunker where you are to drop your ball. can you rake the disturbed area before dropping your ball? does this affect the no penalty applying? does it count as 'testing the lie' of the ball?

Comments

• Options
    testing the lie mate
  • Options
    When are we goin to have a lifers golf day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]testing the lie mate

its a bit of a grey area though isn't it. surely when you are getting secure footing (as all golfers do) in a bunker you are testing how much sand is in there hence testing the lie. if you are only raking out footprints to leave the bunker as you would have expected to find it, i cant see it being a problem.
    this hasn't happened to me because i don't go in bunkers ;-)
    steve, was it you that goes to ruxley on fridays? i was there a couple of weeks ago and there was a citeron in the car park with cafc stickers in the back.
    don't this weather make you wanna go out even more?
  • Options
    Played in 1/4 finals of Winter League on Sunday and won on 2nd extra play off hole.Was one of the best matches i have ever played in.It was matchplay with not more than 1 hole in it all the way round.I love my golf and would love it if we could get a lifers day out sorted.With regard to goin in bunkers with footprints,unfortunately if you go in a bunker and land in a footprint,you have to play it as it lies (this is a big problem at ruxley).It wasn't my car as I don't have stickers in my window in case of jealous Millwall fans.Whisper when your next goin down their and i'll buy you a beer.
  • Options
    playing darenth valley in the morning.first game of the year so it will be a mare.pbs,if you fancy a game give me a shout and we can try to drag morts out too.
  • Options
    I'm playing Chelsfield Lakes on Friday. 1st game this year.
  • Options
    haven't hit a ball since about last September....dying to get out again and will have to soon, normally play Chelsfield as it isn't to demanding !
  • Options
    First part is correct you can remove your ball from the "standing water" with no penalty incurred.

No you cannot rake the bunker just as you could not "fluff up" grass you had trampled down whilst retrieving your ball from standing water on the fairway or in the rough.