Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Forest | Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited February 2013 in General Charlton
Relegation fodder once again? ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Embarrassing.
  • Options
    We looked like we were going to lose 0-0 with 11 men at 20 mins, the fact it was only 2-0 at 90 mins with 10 men is incredible.

Another Hamer mistake.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That was the worst game of football I've seen for a long time.
    Don't think it was a red
    Stephens is an embarassment
    Dervite not as good as usual, same for Pritchard.
    Yann was really going for it till he got sent off.
    Hamer, I'll say this all season, great shotstopper but has absolutely awful handling.
    Wagstaff, egg on face, resorts to screaming at the linesman

And finally, we lost, Powell out and we are going down (jk)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Poor even before the sending off.

You can't play that way at home. Works away which is fine but we were never in the game at any point due to isolated front man. Dervite not effective in a home game.

Forest could have had many more and looked to be playing in second gear to be honest.

Didn't test their keeper at all.

Can't see any defence for Hamer now. He needs a rest.
  • Options
    10 men or not, outplayed by a team who were technically better then us.

Dale Stephens was woeful today.

• Options
    Total shat. Stephens was shite. Dervite was shite. Hamer made another clanger. No urgency about us. No one looked up for it.

Fuller came on and although he made the tiniest of impacts, he looked like he couldnt be asked. Standing in an offside position when hamer had the ball in his hands.

Trying to think of a positive and all I can think of is wiggins and haynes doing alright. We got taught how to play football today.

To top it off, millwall will prob win
  • Options
    I want to post on the player scores.
  • Options
    Agree on Stephens by the way forgot to mention that. I'm not sure he passed to a Charlton shirt in the entire first half. Awful
  • Options
    Gameplan, while ugly, was ruined by the red card. Was sure a second striker would emerge in the second half - while the starting side seemed negative, I don't want to blame Powell for this one.

Forest's midfield wouldn't be out of place in the Premiership. But even with ten men we only lost due to two errors.
  • Options
    There was no passion at all ! No one willing to fight for the shirt let alone their team mates . Felt we were too defensive where we should have been chasing and pressuring each ball , change in team needed for Saturday and personally I think we should bench Pritchard , Jackson and Dervite all woeful today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm adopting a Millwall fan response tonight .... It was the ref's fault

The less said about that game the better
  • Options
    Said a lot that when we won our first corner after nearly half an hour, their keeper picked the ball up to get a proper feel of it like you normally see them do at the start of the game as he'd barely seen it since kick-off.

We were struggling 11 v 11, so had little chance with 10.

Sending off looked a fair decision to me from the middle of the East stand - if it had been the other way, we would have been very upset if it hadn't led to a red card.
    The ref basically shrugged his shoulders as he walked back over to Yann, as if what he'd been told by the other linesman had left him with no choice.

Write the game off and move on. As it is, I thought Forest looked pretty decent and knocked the ball round well - although our performance no doubt helped make them look better than they probably were.
  • Options
    Benching Pritchard has worked so well this season too!
  • Options
    Stephens was beyond awful. Pritchard was well out of his depth as was Dervite. That performance was actually painful. We were the home side and didn't have a shot on target and without knowing for sure I reckon we had about 30% possession.
  • Options
    Cannot believe how poor Stevens was today. He contributed nothing. Strange substitution of Waggy, who got in their faces, although he and Solly were both at fault for their first. Second goal was a shocker. No point having Button if you're not going to use him. Make Hamer fight for his place please SCP !!
  • Options
    Agree about Stephens, Devitte, Pitchard, Hamer etc

I thought Solly, Jackson, Wiggins and Kermongant did well today.
  • Options
    No ideas, no passion, no commitment, shit pitch, poor tactics, plan A shit, plan b - there was no plan b. Fans tried to lift them but that didn't even work. The Forest keeper will NEVER have an easier game. Shit shit shit. Good night
  • Options
    Terrible today, looked so poor the whole game. Some embarrasing individual performance by us. CRAP
  • Options
    Actually a mirror image of the wins against blackpool and peterborough until the sending off.In both of the games I mentioned we conceded possession to a good passing side and took them with a sucker punch .Could have happened today but for the unjustifiable sending off.We dont have the players to play fluid attacking football.Get over it .
  • Options
    Sat in the west felt I was shoutingin church. Travelled 300 miles to watch that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sending off if for a kick is a joke no different to a defender shepherding a ball out when a attacker kicks him near the goalline.
  • Options
    Dale Stephens? Dale Winton could have done better. 6 times he gave the ball away. Said it before - he is a wate of space passenger.

Kermorgant, the only player showing some passion.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Utterly woeful. I am struggling think of a worse collective display from a midfield unit. Stephens was shocking, Dervite almost as bad. We saw nothing of the ball in the first 20-30mins and when we did we gave it away immediately.

Forest ran us ragged for the full 90 minutes. Don't want to see the stats as they will make for painful reading.

Did their keeper make a save?

Sadly I think Hamer has just walked through the doors of last chance saloon. I make that 3 goals in 4 games down to him. Today's was a proper horror show. He seemed to totally loose the plot for 10mins after the second goal.

4 or 5 nil would have been a fair reflection.

Think we are heading for our lowest gate of the season next week.

Something has to change at home. Whether that is players, shape or attitude is down to Powell to sort out.

One thing I am sure of, TJ will not put up with too many more perfoemances of that ilk.

Sounded like the polar opposite to Tuesday. No excuse for not pressing.

Don't get me started on the pitch. It is shameful.
  • Options
    Very poor and especially so after being good during the week.

Were being outplayed before the fully justified sending off.

Started 451 then went 4411 after a few minutes presumably to match up to them but we were second best all day in midfield.

Not sure if Forest are good or we were just bad but it wasn't a contest once the first goal went in. Thought Waggy was fouled but ref wasn't going to give us anything.

Hamer made not just one mistake in failing to hold the ball but then didn't get up to even try to block the follow up.

He then had a nightmare 15 mins when he made some more errors we got away with.

2 - 0 flattered us. Forest were coasting after the 2nd

We haven't got the class of a team like Forest or Liecester but we can match them with workrate and organistion. On tuesday we had both, today we had neither.

Where's that red wine, I need a drink.
  • Options
    Today was only the second time in 20+ years that i have ever left before the final whisle. We were tottally outplayed, out muscled and out of our depth in every level. When the Yann incident happened, with in a couple of seconds most of the Forrest players had sprinted over to "help" their player, ours slowly wandered over to get involved. So much for team spirit!
  • Options
    sending off didnt help but lets face it we were outclassed hard work and commitment gets you so far but difference in quality in the two sides was glaring.
  • Options
    the decision to keep dervite on second half (and indeed the first) cost us any chance we had, miracle the score line was that low, Powell needs to do better, go up and sit in the stands perhaps? :D
  • Options
    We didn't look good even before the sending off. Stephens was poor, I was shocked Powell actually took him off. We were never gonna get anything after the sending off. Forest played better and deserved to win. Want to see the sending off again before making judgement. Was fuming at the time though. Midfield need to buck their ideas up. let's hope for a response on Tuesday.

Not gonna get all doom and gloom as bored of that now. Just wish we would try harder and play more positive football at home
  • Options
    Well one things for certain forest certainly like playing against Ben Hamer

4 shockers in the last 6 games now

Still he's a bit of a character eh.....
  • Options
    Desperate performance - 2-0 flattered us. Second half was farcical.
    Stephens and Pritchard were embarrasing....