Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket priority arrangements for Brighton away (2013)

Ticket priority arrangements for the away game against Brighton & Hove Albion, on Tuesday April 2nd, Kick off 7:45pm.

Tickets for this match will have three on sale priority stages, which are as follows:

STAGE 1

On sale: Tuesday 26th February

Restrictions: VIPs x 2, season ticket holders with Valley Gold x 2, season ticket holders with 4 away games this season, up to minimum number purchased for one of the four games

STAGE 2

On sale: Friday 1st March

Restrictions: Season ticket holders x 2, Valley Gold members x 2, Red card members with 4 away games this season, up to minimum number purchased for one of the four games

STAGE 3

On sale: Thursday 7th March

Restrictions: General Sale

Allocation: 2,000

Prices: £28 Adults

£20 Over 65s

£14 U18s

£7 U10s

This match is all ticket and there will be no sales on the match day

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Good selling from the club gone are the days of restrictions for months before going on general sale
  • Options
    Only 2,000 tickets. Bollocks
  • Options
    Seems quite a small allocation.
  • Options

Seems quite a small allocation.

thought their away bit held over 3,000.

badly want tickets for this.

• Options
    Football Ground Guide says up to 3,300, perhaps the remaining 1,300 can be made available at a later date.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton_and_hove_albion/index.htm
  • Options
    If not do Brighton sell the home end out?
  • Options
    Ground holds 28k, they're crowds are decent but usually 3k to 5k below capacity.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Any news on Valley Away coaches like pick up points etc? the trains won't get me home at that time.
  • Options
    Reckon an initial 2k?
  • Options
    I reckon they would increase the allocation if the tickets fly off the shelves.

Decent clear communication from the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely want tickets for this, always a good away day!
  • Options
    Moved from the Easter weekend on police advise.
    As a way of protest I shall be abstaining
  • Options
    Oh well, dont think i've got much chance of getting these then !
  • Options
    2,000 is a small number. If I'm reading the restrictions the I think me and my brother qualify for five tix which should be enough but there's going to be lots of unhappy Addicks if we can't get more. Considering how much our two sets of fans love each other this could have been a completely unseggregated game as MK Dons tried last season !
  • Options
    Can buy on Friday. Am hopeful.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

2,000 is a small number. If I'm reading the restrictions the I think me and my brother qualify for five tix which should be enough but there's going to be lots of unhappy Addicks if we can't get more. Considering how much our two sets of fans love each other this could have been a completely unseggregated game as MK Dons tried last season !

Unsegregated lol.
  • Options
    I'm confident we will get more. 3,300 is the usual allocation. I reckon Charlton have to pay up front & didn't want to buy 3,300 & get lumbered with a load.

More importantly anyone been to a game there ? The trains seem to be a mare.

• Options
    Leeds only got 2,000
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Scrap that, other clubs have had 3k+ there. Suppose it's down to plod and demand.
  • Options
    ok, might have a chance then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm confident we will get more. 3,300 is the usual allocation. I reckon Charlton have to pay up front & didn't want to buy 3,300 & get lumbered with a load.

More importantly anyone been to a game there ? The trains seem to be a mare.

A mate of mine went last season against Barnsley. He said it was a nightmare as no extra trains laid on to cater for the football. Going home via Lewes is an option other than Brighton.
    He also went to the pre-season with Chelsea, stayed in the ground for 45 minutes for a beer to let the crowds die down, to find still loads of people outside.
    I'm going on the club coach on that basis!
  • Options
    Been last year against Reading, stayed about an hour afterwards trains are a killer. They keep a bar open in the west stand for home and away fans to drink in with live train times for all us train lovers
  • Options
    Only 2000 but it wouldn't surprise if the club secure an extra 1000 as footy ground guide says they allocate upto 3000.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to be miserable, but before you get match tickets, you might need to have a serious look to see how you're gonna get home. I reckon getting home by train ain't gonna happen, unless you leave before the end of the match & what if the police don't let you leave before the end ? Unlikely maybe, but possible.

Car option doesn't seem great either,as you'll have to do a park & ride.

The nearest railway station is Falmer, which is situated right by the stadium. Kevin Bartholomew informs me; 'The quickest and easiest way to get to the stadium though is by train. Falmer station is adjacent to the ground. It's three stops from Brighton central station on the line to Lewes and Seaford. Alternatively, you can avoid Brighton completely by getting a train to Lewes and changing there for Falmer. There are four trains an hour in either direction'.

Brighton Central Railway Station is over four miles away from the stadium. So either get a train, taxi or bus up to the stadium. Brighton & Hove Bus No 25 (Route and timetable on the Brighton & Hove Bus Company website, which shows bus stops) operates a regular service (every 12 minutes) up to the stadium from Central Brighton, as do Bus Numbers 28 & 29.

The Club have a scheme whereby travel to the stadium by public transport within a geographical zone is free as it is included within the price of your match ticket. Valid on both buses and trains, just simply show your match ticket or booking form (if collecting your tickets from the Stadium ticket office). The zone extends as far north as Haywards Heath station and east to Lewes. So fans travelling from London for instance only need a train ticket to Haywards Heath.

Rob Haynes a visiting Nottingham Forest Fan also found going by train frustrating; 'We stayed in Brighton so walked to the station and arrived at 13.30 to find a huge queue snaking around the concourse. Whilst it generally quite well organised it didn't add much to the pre-match experience to have to stand and wait for such a long period before getting on a packed train to the ground. Fans that left it later no doubt had an even longer wait. After the game we walked straight from the away end to the train station. At 6pm (the game finished before 5pm) I was finally moving and on my way into Brighton centre. All generally organised okay but again such a frustrating wait and such a waste of time! Trains again jammed back to Brighton. Thankfully no trouble but potential for trouble after needle game is multiplied by the time it takes to get in and out the ground. I feel sorry for any Brighton fans having to experience such long waits, especially in poor weather'. Alternatively you could consider parking/staying in the pleasant town of Lewes and getting a train from there to the stadium.

The stadium is located at Falmer on the outskirts of Brighton, very close to the University of Sussex.

At the end of the M23, continue onto the A23, heading towards Brighton. At the roundabout which is the junction with the A27, take the A27 towards Lewes. After around four miles you will se the stadium on your right hand side. Leave at the A27 and take the slip road sign posted Falmer (B2123). At the top of the slip road turn right crossing back over the A27 and the entrance to the stadium is down on the right.

There is no parking at the stadium for away fans (although coaches minibuses will be allowed to park providing that they have been pre-booked with the Club) and there is a large no parking zone in force around the area of the stadium on matchdays.

Some Sat-Navs are not recognising the stadium post code of BN1 9BL. You can try instead BN1 9SD which takes you to nearby Falmer Railway Station instead.

Park & Ride

The Club are encouraging fans to use the Park & Ride services located at three different locations; Mill Road (BN1 8ZF), Brighton Racecourse (BN2 9XZ) and Mithras House at Brighton University (BN2 4AT).

Probably the easiest for away fans to locate is Mill Road, as it is just off the A23/A27 junction. However, this is by far the busiest of the three, so if you have time on your hands consider using one of the other alternatives such as Brighton Racecourse. The capacity of Mill Road is 500 cars. The road is located next to a BP garage, which (if coming down from London) you will see over on your right at the top of the slip road off the A23.

The Park & Ride is open from 12 noon on Saturdays (with last departure at 2.30pm) and 5.30pm for evening kick offs. The last buses return from the stadium 90 minutes after the end of the game. The cost of the Park & Ride is included in the price of your match ticket. So just show your match ticket or proof of ticket booking (if collecting your match tickets from the ticket office at the stadium). Please note that vehicles must removed no later than two hours after the game has ended.

Mill Road isn't a car park as such, but a normal road that is closed for this purpose. Tony Hewitt informs me; 'I parked at Mill Road before an England Under 19 match. The Park and Ride was well-organised both ways. Going in, you park parallel in the next slot and it is easy to drive in. Buses and cars leave the road at the other end so it is completely one-way and simple. The road is divided into zones (A-E). Coming back after the game, it was well run by the stewards with only a 10 minute wait for a bus. The bus stops at all the zones so you end up close enough to your car'. Martyn Clark a visiting Leeds United adds; 'Before the game the Park and Ride was fine. We got on a coach (which was rather ancient looking) fairly quickly and it seemed well organised. I did note though, that eventhough we had arrived two hours before kick off the Park & Ride was already around three quarters full. After the game it was a completely different story. It took ages to get out of the ground and when we got to the bus pick up area, we found incredibly long queues trying to get up some narrow steps. All in all it took 1 hour 25 minutes from the end of the game to getting on a bus and moving back to Mill Road Park and Ride. Everyone (including Brighton fans) were very frustrated.'

Pam a visiting Leeds United fan tells me; 'We parked at the Park & Ride at Brighton racecourse. This park and ride was also poorly signposted and the actual car park was just a field. Returning after the game we found the area to be unlit and had difficulty in locating our car in the dark. There were also no staff around, which I found alarming. Considering that the Park & Ride is used by both home and away supporters, then this is a potential incident waiting to happen. I also dread to think what the state of the parking will be like in the winter.'

• Options
    Desperate to go but no idea how i'm going to get home. Wasn't this originally planned for the monday during the day?
  • Options
    Yes, moved to Tuesday by police. Reading my post above trains & car seems a total mare.
  • Options
    It may be a bit of nightmare at the end of the game, but it does look like there are a couple of options to get back on the train from Falmer via both Brighton & Lewes.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/FMR/LBG/020413/2130/dep

Admittedly late at London Bridge, but should still allow for some on trains back out on the Greenwich/Blackheath lines, or the Jubilee.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes, but I don't think you'll get on the 22.13 unless you leave well before the end, as you'll have about 5,000 people with the same idea. Also, what if we're held back & you can't leave before the end ?
    See above, it seems like it can take up to an hour to get on a train after the game.
  • Options
    Palace, West ham and Millwall all played there in night matches last season, how did they all make it home?
  • Options
    Palace fans were apparently kettled, held for 40 minutes and then walked back up the A27/23
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!