Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    One of my dads all time favourite players.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Charlton Legend RIP
  • Options
    Sorry to learn this. My dad frequently spoke about him. RIP
  • Options
    This gentleman was a superstar. He came to London on business( possibly with Glikstens) and I saw him play in several games.
    He then signed as a professional for an Italian club and pocketed the signing on fee believed to be around £30000 which was a lot of money at the time.
    R.I.P. Hans
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    His goals almost singlehandedly saved us from relegation in his short time with us.

Just a few matches but a massive impact.

RIP
  • Options
    Wow what a review that is he sounded like the complete player

Thing is if he has passed then most if not all who wouldve watched him and appreciated those few games may not be amongst us anymore to tell more

Rip and thank u
  • Options
    A real shame. He was adored by the fans in his short spell with us. Described as having 'matinee idol' good looks he scored a hat trick against Arsenal and, after his 11 appearances, was presented with a cup by the supporters' club which was inscribed with the words: "In appreciation of services and enjoyment given to supporters."
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that when he went from Atalanta to Napoli in 1952 it was for a record transfer fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Read this earlier having never heard of him but he sounds like a proper legend who certainly saved us.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    What a legend. RIP.
  • Options
    This is sad news indeed. His last game was my first and my dad said years later that he took me so that I could say I saw Hans Jeppson play for Charlton as he thought HJ was 'the business'. Didn't see him again for over 50 years until he walked out on the pitch as part of a re-union at The Valley a while ago and from the North Upper he looked as fit as he had the last time I saw him! RIP and thank you Mr. Jeppson.
  • Options
    RIP

Is he the catalyst that produced Swedish Addicks?

(Including the Borg family!)
  • Options
    RIP Great Man.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear this. One of, if not the best centre forward ever to play for us. My Dad loved him and will give him a warm welcome up there somewhere. RIP
  • Options
    Club legend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP true Charlton legend.
  • Options
    Way before my time but he was a hero to my grandfather who was not a man easily impressed. RIP Hans and I hope the club mark your passing in an appropriate way.
  • Options
    Highly rated by Jimmy Seed who mentions in his book stealing him from under the noses of Arsenal. His contribution as stated on CAFC site saved us from relegation in 1951. I seem to remember from the book his first game for us was on the 13th January 51 scoring in our win.

RIP
  • Options
    One of my Dad's heroes, telling me when I was a kid how great he was in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Isn't it amazing what you can find on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-UKhTTiLCo

For all of us that had never seen him play.
  • Options
    Love the referee in his school blazer!
  • Options
    RIP a true legend
  • Options

RIP