Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashes

buzzing for this to start now, Any cricket fans on here know of best way to go about getting tickets for it? heard its £30 for a barmy army membership what gets priority on tickets

Comments

• Options
    Think you may have missed the boat gbh.
    Tout's probably your next best bet.
  • Options
    Agree with Carly, they get booked up very early. Got mine for The Oval in August two months ago and they tend to go quickly.

I hate touts and would never buy from one but if you are desperate then they are always about just outside Oval station, no idea on what they charge tho. Am sure you'll be able to get one from somewhere else before going down that route.

• Options
    Got an e-mail from Durham yesterday, they have tickets to go. The best thing to do is to join each Test grounds county website, then you get priority, doesn't work for the London grounds but I easily got Ashes tickets for this year at Durham, Old Trafford and Trent Bridge. Also did in 2009 for Cardiff, Edgbaston and Hedingley.
  • Options
    Always get tickets from Seatwave, managed to get tickets for the fifth day at Lords in 2009 to see Flintoff wrap it up before lunch - no better cricketing experience than the Ashes.
  • Options
    No chance with London tests - i was on the ballot for both, and failed with both.
    Best way for Lords and Oval is to keep scouring Gumtree - if you go to the grounds - Lords especially , then you will likely pick up a ticket from the touts. If you leave it til an hour after the day starts then you will get one 'cheap' as they will be trying to get shot of them. Dont take any bshit from them, and if you are smart youmight be able to do a fast one on them as they know nuffink generally about cricket and the ground config itself. For example, i managed to get a Grand Stand ticket at Lords less than face value by telling the tout it was a shit ticket - when in actual fact it was one of the best in the ground.

Cant wait for it all to start.
  • Options
    The Oval will have some back for nearer the time, they always do.