Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I wonder if any football club would keep a player who refused to play for them?

Just asking?

Portsmouth did with Ben Haim - and that actually happened.
    Remind me, how are Portsmouth doing financially?
    Ah, so you meant "any football club" except those I choose to exclude because they are inconvenient to my argument. Got you.
    'Ex-employee Airman Brown in CAFC attack shock ' - I was told by a credible source that it happened, I don't believe what you say because you are too bloody bitter.
  • Options
    It happened, 100%
  • Options

Don't worry big bobs got a plan........... Solly playing centre forward next week!

And goalkeeper against Cardiff
  • Options

Don't worry big bobs got a plan........... Solly playing centre forward next week!

Your wrong.

Jack Munns is in goal for Cardiff.

• Options
    Greenie said:

Just asking?

Depends on the reasons I guess.

What if it was to make a point to the owners, in support of the manager who had revived his career?

Some might say it was morally OK......not sure what Nego/Ajdarevich/Thuram/Reza/Pete P would say though.
  • Options

Your wrong.

Jack Munns is in goal for Cardiff.

WOW ! Result !

Surely we can score loadsa goals then !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I was told by a credible source that Yann's wage demands were fair, for the main striker at a championship club,
    and a lot less than Fullers contract from 2 years ago.
    If it was true that Yann refused to play in a game, and the rumour was strong at the time,
    then as he was being messed about and was carrying an injury, i can see how it came about.
    The fact that he was 32 at the time and Roland got 400k was more important than having a striker who could score a dozen goals with half coming from free kicks and pens.

The day we replace the big man will be when using the favourite word of some CL.
    We move on!

Spot on, the wage demands were not outrageous in any form.. Yann didn't refuse to play with us like some are hell bent to believe. And trust me on this.

I'd of done the same as Yann in his position with a family, and I know the in's and the out's of the deal. I wished him all the best and still do, wouldn't think twice to shake his hand and thank him for what he has done for our club.. Anyone that views it any other way needs to take their blinkers off.
    100% wrong.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Some say he 100% didn't want to play, some say 100% that theory isn't true.

Whilst not meaning to sound impolite, you're all just fans on a Football forum. Nobody can persuade me to think one way or the other for that reason, no matter how hard you try and push your 'sources'.

All we have are the facts - We sold him at the wrong time, for the wrong amount of money and then didn't do anywhere near enough to make up for it in the striking department. End of.

Exactly. And my reliable source says Greenies reliable source is 100% wrong ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    How many points for a Boardroom source.
    How many points for a players wag who get chatty when one is laying.......
    a new shag pile.

Good game Good game Bolderhumpreyreid and Red Robin.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    How many points until greenie admits he's wrong?
  • Options
    Some shades of grey (Not that type)
    Powell always said the main striker should be paid the most.
    after Fuller left after his big 1 year contract expired, yann was the top earner.
    I could imagine Chris saying he would do his utmost to get the new owners to give him one last good contract.
    We now know that chris himself was on borrowed time.
    Even thou I'm a big fan of Yann's, he is a stroppy so and so.
    The time he got upset with JJ when he scored instead of passing to him when Kerm was on a hatrick. also went and sat in the dugout after the palace defeat when he was only named as sub and given a short time to make an impact.
    thats why i could believe he did refuse to play with talks breaking down.
    But the reason he was so well liked was he took this warrior attitude on to the field.
    all or nothing from the big man, his spirit now broken, after one last ditch effort to stay, Roland said no.
    Yann was no angel, but i don't accept he was greedy.(well not on the money front)
  • Options
    No points for brown source?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Greenie said:

Just asking?

Depends on the reasons I guess.

What if it was to make a point to the owners, in support of the manager who had revived his career?

Some might say it was morally OK......not sure what Nego/Ajdarevich/Thuram/Reza/Pete P would say though.
    What if the reason was they didn't want to trigger an automatic contract extension in order to earn more money?
  • Options
    Just missed a very good chance to get Bournemouth back in it
  • Options
    What a miss, glad we got rid of him when we did.
  • Options
    Church would have scored that. Useless...
  • Options
    He's trying to engineer a move back to us.
  • Options
    Was going to mention if anyone had actually noticed him in this game...but then he goes and does that.
  • Options
    He's had 4touches - 3 when he dropped to get the ball and gave it away each time and the shot over the bar from 6 yards.
  • Options
    Was it him who did the chest down for Wilsons early missed chance
  • Options
    TTFN