Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    Bring him back.
  • Options
    Bournemouth averaging 3 goals a game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/afc-bournemouth/top-scorers

Callum Wilson 12 Pitman 6 Pugh 6 Kermogant 5 Gosling 4 Ritchie 4 Arter 3 Cook 3 Rantje 3

Bournemouth have some decent goal scorers not just one.

That makes for an entertaining match day experience.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2014
    KMG is a sub for Bournemouth. KMG was always a bit injury prone and not having him as a main striker is probably about right and contributed to him not being kept on at Charlton. What a quality sub though.

The judgement on KMG as a main striker and not worth the wages he was asking for to sit on the subs bench is one for RD / Charlton management to make and understandable. I don't necessarily disagree with that. What is abject and inexcusable is the lack of a replacement striker / effective strike force. That is why the KMG subject still gets raised. Not because all want him back but want an effective strike force in the team. That is still outstanding and not resolved.

At Charlton there is one decent goal scoring striker. Vetekele is left to be marked out of the game and not able to be rested whilst clearly unfit. He has no strike partner to work with. Harriotts is shaping up to be the new Kevin Lisbie. He has poor decision making and promises much but is delivering little, and does not combine well with Vetekele. George Tucudean is the 'impact' sub and there is some Under 21s on the bench, not quite ready / not quite good enough to start / bring on.

There is errors of judgement and strategy with a paper thin squad. It is not good enough and was never going to be. We will see what happens in the January window, but if either a creative forward playing midfielder or decent striker are not found then Charlton are likely to struggle in the second half of the season. A mid table finish cannot be taken for granted.
  • Options
    ...so has he asked?
  • Options
    I can just see it...

In 30 years time I'll come on here and see this thread still open...

"Did you see the way Yann spun his bath chair at the post office? Left that pensioner for dead to make sure he was first in the queue for his pension and packet of Rich Tea biscuits..."
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I've never been one to have a 'second team' i've only ever cared about Charlton, but must admit i do look out for Bournemouth and Huddersfield now...
  • Options
    edited December 2014

1 light said:

Fuck sake,I'm sure some of you people would like to cream over his face if he asked,sad people you lot are,he left almost a few ago and your still dreaming about him

The sad and really creepy thing is you mention a sex act on a football forum.

Missing your favourite player seems quite normal in comparison.

Is creaming over someone's face a sex act ?

Surely more to do with yhe Great British Bake Off.

It's true though, some on here would give KMG a hand shandy if he asked.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

1 light said:

Fuck sake,I'm sure some of you people would like to cream over his face if he asked,sad people you lot are,he left almost a few ago and your still dreaming about him

The sad and really creepy thing is you mention a sex act on a football forum.

Missing your favourite player seems quite normal in comparison.

Is creaming over someone's face a sex act ?

Surely more to do with yhe Great British Bake Off.

It's true though, some on here would give KMG a hand shandy if he asked.
    Je voudrais un 'and shandy (s'il vous plait...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann was my favourite player of recent times and I'm still pissed off that he left - was a big loss.
  • Options
    A unique player. One who is detested and admired in equal measures by his two previous clubs.

Why? Because at one club he tried something individual and it failed. And at the other he brought an element of flair and difference that is so lacking in our current team.
  • Options
    I would have Kermo back at the drop of a beret. One of my favourite Charlton players of all time.
  • Options
    A hand shandy hahahahahahahaha
  • Options

Yann was my favourite player of recent times and I'm still pissed off that he left - was a big loss.

Can't agree more with this. In my opinion a ridiculous decision to let him go and it still pisses me off when we now have one striker that's in his league.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Can't agree more with this. In my opinion a ridiculous decision to let him go and it still pisses me off when we now have one striker that's in his league.
    Who's that, out of interest?!

• Options
    drewman said:

Vetokele is good. He isn't Kermorgant level however.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

drewman said:

Vetokele is good. He isn't Kermorgant level however.
    I agree but I was trying to be positive! And he's probably got a better goals per game ratio which is what some people will point out.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    colin1961 said:

Money grabber......if he loved Charlton he would have signed the deal

Ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yann Kermorgant is a different class. Remember his body-shape, leaning backwards, and hammering it in to the net at Bournemouth (ironically), first game of last season? And the Hales-esque volley against Bristol Titty - thwump - 4-1, last game of the season before?

Kermorgant's most miraculous strike was in our celebratory promotion game against Hartlepool at The Valley. There was a wildly over-hit cross, and he hammered it from the goal-line, between the six- and 18-yard area - a shot that defied geometry. Marco Van Basten: Eat yer heart out.

And those glorious free-kicks. Ten yards outside the box: ref paces it out. There is much dispute. Shuffle. Jostle. The whole stadium falls silent. Kermorgant steps up, and sends the most delicious curving arc up over the wall to rifle the corner of the net. Covered End in utter, joyous delirium.

Odd.
  • Options
    I wonder if any football club would keep a player who refused to play for them?

Just asking?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Just asking?

Portsmouth did with Ben Haim - and that actually happened.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Just asking?

Remind me, how are Portsmouth doing financially?
  • Options
    We'd have been a good few points better off this season with him alongside Igor, it's as simple as that.

He must look back and think, I wished I'd stayed at Charlton.

Whilst looking down on us from the top of the league.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Just asking?

Remind me, how are Portsmouth doing financially?
    That's not all due to one player though is it.