Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• We may be 4 points off second - but we are a mid-table team AT BEST.

Bmth game - we were average (at best).
    Bolton game - average
    Fulham game - poor
    S. Weds - average

Our early season opponents misjudged us and we picked up loads of points.
    Now, most teams have sussed our strengths and that we have a thin squad.

Disagree

Bmth game - not there so cant really comment, my stream was poor
    Bolton game - looked pretty good
    Fulham game - poor first 20 minutes, great last 70
    S. Weds -average first half, excellent 2nd half

• iaitch said:

I don't buy into this "our opponents now have us sussed" cobblers. We don't do anything outside the norms of football tactics. We picked up points because we were good enough to do so. Not great but good enough. Now that injuries and a suspension and a wobble in form have come along and they do come along for every team the points have slowed up. It's what happens. We do have a thin squad and not quality cover in every area and that will also play a part in our season. Yes possibly mid table at best but that's fine by me compared to the past few seasons.

Good point, Derby were top and now lost their last two, have they been 'sussed' out or just having a minor wobble.

Forest were flying at the start of the season and have now lost 3 out of four.

Bournemouth in a good run of form at present but who knows in a weeks/months time.

Whoever can be the most consistent in picking up points will get promoted.

This wins the "stating the bleedin' obvious" prize
    I think what he means is that, with the possible exception of Blackpool, no team is appreciably any better or worse than any other in this division hence the margins between being a contender for either relegation or promotion are small.

• iaitch said:

I don't buy into this "our opponents now have us sussed" cobblers. We don't do anything outside the norms of football tactics. We picked up points because we were good enough to do so. Not great but good enough. Now that injuries and a suspension and a wobble in form have come along and they do come along for every team the points have slowed up. It's what happens. We do have a thin squad and not quality cover in every area and that will also play a part in our season. Yes possibly mid table at best but that's fine by me compared to the past few seasons.

Good point, Derby were top and now lost their last two, have they been 'sussed' out or just having a minor wobble.

Bournemouth in a good run of form at present but who knows in a weeks/months time.

Only if any one team had actually stayed consistent over the season so far, which isn't really the case. Boro and Bournemouth started relatively slow but are picking up speed, Fulham were awful but might just get away with it, there hasn't been a Championship equivalent to Chelsea who are just pretty much a juggernaut.
  • Yep it's a proper pony but even league this year
  • iaitch said:

Who says Roland won't pay the right money?

Is it all Roland's fault?

What sort of pay demands are players making?

We were ready to pay a couple of million for Delort so the money is there.

Maybe Bob hasn't seen anyone that he fancies in the side?

1. Yann said that in his interview (he failed the age test as well, 32) that RD would not reach his demands.

2.Roland's the boss, so he decides what to pay. (but if other champ sides do pay)

3. Most players and agents push it to the limit.

4.Good point from you on Delort, will pay a fee but not over the top or more than 1 agent fees.

5.Would think that Bob has told Katrien about a few player he wants but are outside the pay scale.

Think Kap 10 has nailed it with the long game quote, but you have to be careful while we are treading water,other team don't cruise on by.

It's funny that though, considering he renewed jacko's contract and signed Ben Haim, bikey and now Onyewu, all in their thirties.
    That was the reason given at the time of Yann's departure. (age)

Maybe the fact that 3 of them are CB,s and could it be that they have 1 year contracts and Yann wanted 2 and a half.
    as well as he was already the top earner.

all these factors would make Roland mind up.

Funny, we seem to have said that for the last 3 seasons.
  • iaitch said:

1. Yann said that in his interview (he failed the age test as well, 32) that RD would not reach his demands.

2.Roland's the boss, so he decides what to pay. (but if other champ sides do pay)

4.Good point from you on Delort, will pay a fee but not over the top or more than 1 agent fees.

5.Would think that Bob has told Katrien about a few player he wants but are outside the pay scale.

Think Kap 10 has nailed it with the long game quote, but you have to be careful while we are treading water,other team don't cruise on by.

Not sure we are treading water, more building a new squad which takes time. Some clubs might appear to move forwards faster than us but there are plenty of clubs going backwards including five or six with parachute money in the bottom half of the table - and that money doesn't last forever.

Totally agree that they must have a shortlist of January targets as a commitment has been made to acquire "one or two quality players" if we are in a similar position [sixth or seventh]

It's a 46 game season and we are still on track for somewhere between 65 and 75 points.

I've said that for a while and it might take CAFC just two more transfer windows to rise above it.
    Just one game in 15 has been settled by more than one goal. If we can create and score more, we will edge more goals. Top teams have three or four players who score frequently and we don't...yet!
  • thenewbie said:

iaitch said:

Only if any one team had actually stayed consistent over the season so far, which isn't really the case. Boro and Bournemouth started relatively slow but are picking up speed, Fulham were awful but might just get away with it, there hasn't been a Championship equivalent to Chelsea who are just pretty much a juggernaut.
    Exactly, loads of teams go on winning runs and then go on losing runs anyone who can as you say perform like Chelsea will run away with this league.

• Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

It's funny that though, considering he renewed jacko's contract and signed Ben Haim, bikey and now Onyewu, all in their thirties.
    Jackson, Onyewu & Bikey are unlikely to be on high wages, and Ben Haim was already on Roland's wage bill.
  • Do we get any more money from the sale of Yann, if Bournemouth go up?
  • Only 1 goal today. Was it one of his specials?
  • It was a blinder of a free kick - right in the top corner.
    Bargain £400k spent by the league leaders.

Saw it on SSN.

My bournemouth to finish top half at 8/11 is looking as good as cash won. They really do progress under Eddie Howe, that man knows how to manage a football club. Bargain of the year in the Championship, YK.

Painful to read.

• I feel happy for him but sad for us.

They don't flog him to death. (just 30 mins today)
  • Wiggins must be gutted he left. It was only a few years ago we were singing 'you're just our feeder club', and 'we'll never play you again'. Turns out we're their feeder club giving them a player who will help take them up. Oh well.
  • Sponsored links:

Their use of him has been quite interesting actually.

I've seen Howe has remark on how Yann is a key player for them and can really make a difference. Yet he's still cautious with how he plays him and when he plays him, almost as though Yann was a player coming back from injury. It's definitely working though.

I guess the physical side of Yann's game against tiring defences is quite a weapon.
  • Don't worry. Bournemouth to go up. Yann to be surplus to requirements in Premier League. Yann returns to The Valley to a huge fanfare as free transfer.
  • Sometimes supporting Charlton is like death by a thousand cuts, this is one such moment, I think Roly dropped a clanger when he let Yann go, but like our manager he didn't fit the business model requirements of our new owner.

I'm hoping Roly has a cunning plan for January, but I'm not holding my breath, I think he won't pay over the odds in January, it will be make do and mend , and limp through till summer.
  • Don't worry. Bournemouth to go up. Yann to be surplus to requirements in Premier League. Yann returns to The Valley to a huge fanfare as free transfer.

Yann retires next xmas on his 35 birthday!!! Good plan

Wish we had someone who could come on for just 30 mins and score. Oh wait, we did, didn't we?

• Almost a year ago