Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MS Office for Mac

Hi everyone.

I need to get MS Office for my macbook. I was about to buy it when a colleague told me I should download it for free online.

This seems pretty dodgy to me but he insists there is only a minimal risk of virus and also that you don't need to register it so can't be found out.

I was all set to buy but £100 odd is pretty steep.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Comments

• got MS office via torrent and it works fine. I have an imac
  • theres no nagware to say its a pirated copy on the mac version so it works fine. if your local to sidcup. drop me a message.
  • things are only worth what people are willing to pay for, atm its nothing
  • Do you really need MS Office?
    I use Neo Office. It does a pretty good job and is completely free.
  • Why don't you just go to a shop and steal it...much more of a buzz than just illegally downloading it.
  • Download it mate £100 is ridiculous,
    Don't think he posted for the pirate
    Police to criticise.
  • Stig said:

Do you really need MS Office?
    I use Neo Office. It does a pretty good job and is completely free.

Agreed

I have Office for Mac but it is full of irritations. And they don't have a decent price for multiple licenses, no support for small businesses from Microsoft...there is also Apple's own version, IWork, which is very good, although if you need to send files to PC users, that might be a drawback

• OpenOffice.org

Does everything and can be saved as MSOffice friendly files.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/
  • Thanks for all the info and advice. I currently have pages but sadly it doesn't convert word that well at times.
  • I've just started using open office ( free ) because the latest mac os doesn't support the ms office that I had on my imac.

probably too early to tell but so far so good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Open office is awesome for a freebie.
  • I use office on my mac mainly because I previously used outlook as my main form of client correspondence management and word / Excel for business docs, but would much prefer to get rid of all together just not sure what mac apps I'd use instead?