Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plastic Paddy Day

So how many of you plastic Paddies will be drinking Guinness at the Weekend in various Irish Bars across the South East..?

Comments

• You never hear about St David's days piss up do ya? Like the Irish need an excuse to drink!?

Quiz, without researching, what is the St David's Flag?
  • I shall be throwing snakes into the sea and complaining about a potato blight.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]You never hear about St David's days piss up do ya? Like the Irish need an excuse to drink!?

Quiz, without researching, what is the St David's Flag?

412aCYMRUSTDXS.jpg
  • Who's is taking Monday the 23rd April off to go on the piss all day ?
  • tiddly-diddly-dee !!

i've no problem at all celebrating other countries cultural days, its all good fun in my eyes, i have no prejudices and i'll happily celebrate anything.

I naturally wish more was made of St Georges Day in this country, but despite the protests of a vocal few, i do not blame the government, livingstone, the lefties etc,

i blame the people.

Because the bottom line is that probably around 75% of this country don't even know what date St Georges Day is on, and until it because something that the majority of the country want to get behind and support themselves, the protests of the others are being directed in the wrong direction.

Just my view.
  • edited March 2007
    have taken it off a couple of times in the past, but can't this year because of work commitments.

one year afka turned up at the pub loads of us were at and offered me a drink, but i was only allowed a diet coke as i'd been drinking since 11am and this was 5pm ish and i wasn't capable......whoops. :-(

edited to say, st.georges day that is

this year, will be celebrating paddy's day with declan and his dad paddy!
    did wish a welsh friend happy welsh day and had some leek soup in his honour and bought some daffs.
  • What about the Cornish one - you sure you didn't look that up Roth or are you Welsh (not sure they like that flag anyway)?
  • I shall be going to a party at an Irish friends house. I shall not be wearing a hat that looks like a pint of Guinness, painting anything green or singing Danny Boy.

AKFA is spot on about St Georges Day. Stop moaning about Red Ken and organise something yourself. How hard is it to go into a pub and say "happy St Georges day everyone"
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Who's is taking Monday the 23rd April off to go on the piss all day ?

Sure. Whats the occasion?
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]What about the Cornish one - you sure you didn't look that up Roth or are you Welsh (not sure they like that flag anyway)?

Its the same but with a white cross
  • Sponsored links:

• I always celebrate St Georges me, sorting out an all dayer in Kingston for it as we speak..!
  • I always celebrate St. Georges day couldn't care less about St.Guiness day.

Saying that I'm dj'ing a St. plastic day party Sat night!!

There is only so much made of St Patricks day because a drink is associated with it. Which I'm sure a lot of Irish people find offensive.
  • But Guiness is icky, not a patch on London Porter..
  • st padraig's flag is a wonky st george. didnt know that.
  • I guess Rothy should be an expert on flags by now.

Yes St P's flag makes up the diagonals you see on the Union Flag, Scots get the blue bit and the Welsh are a principality of England, so f'all...
  • london(3).jpg

Perfect flag to fly at the Valley. (City of London flag)
  • nice flag but technically incorrect I would have thought?
  • This non plastic Paddy will be celebrating her roots at our family gathering.

Which also happens to be KB's eldest engagement party.

'I like a drink that takes some time to settle...........it's worth the wait & it tastes like a dream'
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]nice flag but technically incorrect I would have thought?

How so Razil?
  • to fly it outside the city limits..
  • Sponsored links:

• i dont tend to hit the irish bars on St Pats as find them too crowded and too full of ozzies. Tho had a good night in Hardy's in maze hill a few years ago.
    Im going to listen to a friend DJ and i've asked him to play an irish record in honour of St patrick - that will be all. Relations used to send over shamrocks and st patrick day badges as kids but thats long in the past nowadays.
  • I used to get dragged out for the Irish Dancing & have green, white & gold ribbons in my hair.

Those were the days!
  • don't like guiness -
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I used to get dragged out for the Irish Dancing & have green, white & gold ribbons in my hair.

Those were the days!

I've heard nothings changed
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I used to get dragged out for the Irish Dancing & have green, white & gold ribbons in my hair.

Those were the days!

down the irish club no doubt... god we sat there hours on end... "can we go home yet" "no shut up and have another coke and packet of Taytos"... its no wonder i turned out like i did.
  • The whole needing a special day to celebrate smacks of rank amateurism IMHO. As a Scot I've always looked down my nose at people who make a big deal about St Andrews or Burns night. Tends to be the posh and the nationally obsessed. I can go out and have a good time without someone having telling me that the day has been randomly assigned to some long dead random holy bloke (or in St George's case a pretty dodgy geezer) who's never set foot in the country or had any association with it during their lives. You might as well face it, largely because of yank wannabee Irish, the paddies have the whole saints day celebration thing sewn up. It's all just a big marketing stunt for a multinational brewery but fair enough for those who fall for that kind of thing.

If St Paddy was alive today he'd be up in front of the beaks for killing off endagered species so I don't see why he's so popular.
  • edited March 2007
    nothing wrong with being proud of your country....nor is there anything wrong with having a good time.

kinda related to this, i watched the england rugby players singing the national anthem on sunday and it was soooo moving. not because they like the queen, but cos they were proud and were getting themselves revved up for the game. they really belted it out, veins throbbing, spit coming out of their mouths, really meaning it.

there was also some little kid in an irish shirt in the crowd for saturday's game, saw that he was on the big screen and he grabbed his irish badge over his heart! bless him and his patriotism.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]have taken it off a couple of times in the past, but can't this year because of work commitments.

one year afka turned up at the pub loads of us were at and offered me a drink, but i was only allowed a diet coke as i'd been drinking since 11am and this was 5pm ish and i wasn't capable......whoops. :-(

quote]

lightweight.. you need to practise your drinking skills.. then master playing pool!
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]have taken it off a couple of times in the past, but can't this year because of work commitments.

quote]

lightweight.. you need to practise your drinking skills.. then master playing pool!

and you need to practice your quoting skills!

i can't even remember playing pool that day, i'd had a few doubles by then.

me and billyboy/bmob/russ/oracle got a cab together to crayford!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]So how many of you plastic Paddies will be drinking Guinness at the Weekend in various Irish Bars across the South East..?[/quote]

I will - my local irish pub generally has a good band on and as it's on a weekend why not.