Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

From The Sun: Paul Elliott in 'race row' with Richard Rufus

Comments

• JaShea99 said:

I thought there were 2 N words, one ending in 'a', the other 'er', which distinguished between an offensive meaning & a friendly greeting? Seemingly introduced in 'gangsta' rap during the late 80's/early 90's? Further entrenched by 2PAC's Strictly 4 My N and his description of the word.

For a slightly different take on it, Rhyme Asylum's The N Word for a more positive use of N words...

Exactly. They're 2 completely different words. 1 which refers to slavery, lynching and discrimination, and what became a positive word from a self-fulfilling prophecy. Not sure about it coming from 'gangsta rap' though.
    On this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkZuLixZOk
  • so a Club synonymous (sp?) with kicking racism out of football is letting a racist in the directors box. Weird.
  • so a Club synonymous (sp?) with kicking racism out of football is letting a racist in the directors box. Weird.

They said "Sorry you can't come in you are racist!"
    He said "It is ok, I am a man of colour I can say what I like and it is acceptable."
    They said "Please accept my apologies, come and make yourself at home. Would you like to be our chairman?"

Lets just hope he wasnt using foul language. They will take serious action with that.
  • So, the club has double standards. Be careful of the "yobs" out there Mr. Elliot
  • I was interested that in the Sun last week it claimed that Paul was due to undertake a £100 k Community job at Chelsea until the Rufus incident,so maybe he was never bound for a return to SE7.
  • Or maybe we had no dosh to pay him anyway
  • Then why is he frequently seen in the director's box at the Valley?
  • Racists allowed yobs not !!
  • Sponsored links:

• sralan said:

Then why is he frequently seen in the director's box at the Valley?

Because he still works for us in some capacity.

• Is that Russ Abbott behind him in the brown coat, maybe he's here to create an atmosphere?
  • More double standards from the club.
  • Swisdom said:

sralan said:

Any idea what he does?

• Swisdom said:

sralan said:

Utter bollocks, no he doesn't.
  • I thought he did some media work (maybe why he is at The Valley) and was a host at Stamford Bridge
  • edited March 2013
    Isn't he one of the top men in the Community Trust?

EDIT: Yes he appears to be a trustee

http://www.cact.org.uk/who-we-are/people/trustees/
  • Is that dave berry and davina mcall
  • The bloke in the brown coat looks Swedish.....or possibly Turkish?
  • I'll say it again, if a supporter was caught using racist language, they would be banned, double standards.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    lol .....and who's that with the greying hair, top right @DA9? ; )
  • rob do u mean top right ? is that F ?
  • Yeah and yeah

I'd be more annoyed if Davina Mcall was there than Elliot if I'm honest. Can't stand that woman.

I'd be more annoyed if Davina Mcall was there than Elliot if I'm honest. Can't stand that woman.
    Well dipable though!
  • rob do u mean top right ? is that F ?

It looks like him, grey hair is a give away, he was going grey at 15 years old :-)

• He'd still look 15 if he wasn't grey!
  • CAFCsayer said:

Swisdom said:

sralan said:

Utter bollocks, no he doesn't.
    You were saying?

• DA9 said:

I'll say it again, if a supporter was caught using racist language, they would be banned, double standards.

Not outside the ground and via text message in something seemingly completely unrelated to football.
  • DA9 said:

I'll say it again, if a supporter was caught using racist language, they would be banned, double standards.

Not outside the ground and via text message in something seemingly completely unrelated to football.
    </

C'mon get real. Just because it was outside the ground and not football related we ignore it? How can we as a Club have Red White and Black days and try to stamp out racism and then condone this? Next you will be saying we should not have banned a couple of the Lawrence accused as that was not football related and wasn't in the ground. Zero tolerance on racism should mean zero tolerance.