Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nikola Zigic dropped by Birmingham after 'worst training session ever'

Good grief, check this out

Its not just the training thing, but his reported wage...

Comments

• Options
    Saw Lee Clarke crying about this earlier on Sky sports news. How they can be paying this bloke 50k a week is nothing short of a shambles
  • Options
    Everytime I've seen him I've thought he is dire. Being tall does not automatically make you good at football. He's not even that good in the air ffs!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Did he really just refer to himself in the third person?
    Lee Clark said:

I can sleep soundly in my bed because I know I have made the right decision, in how Lee Clark goes about the football work and his business.

• Options
    Altho tbf going straight to the media before the player is a bit snidey from the Geordie maggot.
  • Options
    50k a week for him. If it weren't for charlton I would have no interest in football.
  • Options

Everytime I've seen him I've thought he is dire. Being tall does not automatically make you good at football.

Leaburn for example
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

50k a week for him. If it weren't for charlton I would have no interest in football.

This
  • Options
    Despise that plum Clark, even his voice irritates me. Hate the way he spews words like he is regurgitating bowling balls coated in acid
  • Options
    Everything about Clark=FAIL. Every time I see him I'm reminded of a mollusc.
  • Options
    I wonder if Clark ever saw JFH "training" when he was at Charlton?! I guess not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

This
  • Options
    Id sign him if they paid his wages
  • Options

Dave2l said:

This
    I heard it was 60k...you do wonder what these clubs expect when giving such average players so much!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Zigic, if he had played more than 10 minutes against us this season, would've scored more than just his one goal. I'm confident of that.
  • Options
    This is the madness of English football. 50 k / week = £ 2.5m./year. At the risk of boring some of you, I'll mention again that my Czech team Viktoria Plzen thrashed the ass off Napoli last night with an entire squad which costs £1.8m /year. Yet Zigic is Serbian. Players from former Yugoslavia come to the Czech Republic to earn far more than they can at home. So how come this Zigic ends up in England, being paid three times as much as Ricardo Fuller?
    It's doing my f*****g head in!!!
  • Options
    If Zigic asked for £50,000 a week and Birmingham agreed then so be it, they could have refused.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

If Zigic asked for £50,000 a week and Birmingham agreed then so be it, they could have refused.

THIS

and the fact the contract runs until 2014 means the mugs have another season of paying him

• Options
    shine166 said:

iaitch said:

THIS

and the fact the contract runs until 2014 means the mugs have another season of paying him

Sort of agree, if its offered, then you aint gonna turn down 50k a week - however, its this sort of mad mismanagement that has seen the likes of Portsmouth and Coventry go to the brink. It aint right, but there are still people out there who rubber stamp this - my assumption is that Zigic was bought whilst Brum were under the reign of Gold and Sullivan ?
  • Options

shine166 said:

iaitch said:

THIS

Sort of agree, if its offered, then you aint gonna turn down 50k a week - however, its this sort of mad mismanagement that has seen the likes of Portsmouth and Coventry go to the brink. It aint right, but there are still people out there who rubber stamp this - my assumption is that Zigic was bought whilst Brum were under the reign of Gold and Sullivan ?
    Summer of 2010..think they had thrown in the towel by then, but could be wrong.

I agree that it's hilarious Brum have to pay this clown until 2014, but in the end we all suffer. Agents benchmark salaries of course, just like real estate agents benchmark house sales. So when we enquire about players like Baldock and DJ Campbell we get quoted 19/22k/week. For players who'd never get near the Europa League teams. Jiminez probably told the agents to do one, but as they departed they doubtless shouted at him that he doesn't know a bargain when it's offered him, that Zigic is on 50k at Brum, Tony....

• Options
    edited February 2013
    It's stories like this that make me want the "bigger" teams in europe to break away and for the rest of europe to bring a similar but better system that many american sports use.

It would hopefully bring back the days of a good manager being able to win the league even if he does not have the biggest cheque book from the owners and in the same process bring the price of football down on all levels if done right.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder how Clark would have reacted if the player had gone to the press and said the manager gave a really crap training session.
  • Options
    “Nikola trained very, very well. By all accounts from the staff, and from what I’ve seen on his GPS stats, he’s worked harder than any player.

“I will have a conversation with him and we will see where we go.”

Asked if he was encouraged, Clark simply replied: “Yes, I should thank him for running around, yes... “

“I don’t want to say any more on it,” he continued.

“All I know is that I have had some magnificent phone calls, football managers and chairmen, coaches, over the last three or four days – high-profile, not just in Britain, but also from Europe – in support.

“I don’t want pats on the back, this is just something that had to be done.

“I’m from the East End of Newcastle.

“My brothers and sisters went without Christmas presents one year to allow my father to buy me football boots to let me fulfill my dream.

“I have worked damn hard to make myself a very wealthy man, to give my family what they’ve wanted.

“But I don’t ever forget what made me get there.

“I played for some of the biggest clubs and should – and it still annoys me to this day – have had a Premier League winner’s medal on my cabinet, in 1996.

“I played with not just the best in Britain but some of the best strikers in the world.

“And I know why they are in that position.

“I’m sick of this, I’ve got to tell you, and I’m disappointed in the media, I’ve got to say, because I don’t know where you’re coming from with it.

“It confuses me. Because I keep reading the rubbish that players are pampered and get away with this and they’re not in touch with the real world and I’m in a position where I’m involved in both sides of it, I try and bring it to the fore and I get battered.

“There will be a chat with Nikola, hopefully he will be involved and he will help us win the game.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-boss-lee-clark-1329006
  • Options
    Cringe. What an ego. Somebody has been listening to Brendan Rodgers attempts to be the new David Brent.
  • Options
    bloke is a knob
  • Options
    "“All I know is that I have had some magnificent phone calls, football managers and chairmen, coaches, over the last three or four days – high-profile, not just in Britain, but also from Europe – in support"

So do we really believe that coaches from across Europe have bothered to phone Lee Clark to say well done for dropping Zigic? I'm not quite sure any would really give a sh*t.
  • Options

"“All I know is that I have had some magnificent phone calls, football managers and chairmen, coaches, over the last three or four days – high-profile, not just in Britain, but also from Europe – in support"

So do we really believe that coaches from across Europe have bothered to phone Lee Clark to say well done for dropping Zigic? I'm not quite sure any would really give a sh*t.

More a case of, if you're not playing him, can we have him and you pay his wages.
  • Options
    Bloody Hell, I though those Lee Clark quotes were someone taking the piss, and was about to say how funny it was, especially the bits about brothers and sisters not getting xmas presents, which was like the '4 yorkshiremen sketch'.

Except he actually said those things...
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sure Ancelotti, Guardiola and Mourinho have phoned him up.

Judging by their result last saturday a few others may have trained well but not actually played well.

Didn't Clark get in a spot of bother once by slagging off Sunderland fans when he was playing for them? Not very professional.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Yeah I'm sure Ancelotti, Guardiola and Mourinho have phoned him up.

Judging by their result last saturday a few others may have trained well but not actually played well.

Didn't Clark get in a spot of bother once by slagging off Sunderland fans when he was playing for them? Not very professional.

Wore a shirt slagging off Sunderland while playing for them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/8847332/Footballs-most-controversial-shirt-messages-in-pictures.html?image=3
  • Options
    Thanks RR