Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Black Mirror" Charlie Brooker.

Comments

• Options
    Charlton Brooker ... what's not to like
  • Options
    Watched the Waldo episode last night, thought it was a real let down after White Bear. Still, 90% of Charlie Brooker's stuff is great
  • Options

DRF said:

White Bear was the standout this series, and if the general public had their way that would probably be something realistic for the future. (Not that I agree with it)

Whire Bear, and many of the episodes, irritated me for being to removed from reality. I ended up thinking it was pointless excersise as she doesn't remmber anything and therefore doesn't feel any guilt for more than a couple of hours. And although the public want to get involved in punishment, their interest wears off ver quickly.

I think the public would get bored very quickly. But in the immediate aftermath of the crime, they'd happily have this kind of punishment applied. People would happily torture murderers because they see it as justice. It's the suffering she goes through, rather than the guilt that is her punishment.
    But they don't actually hurt her, which is what I think the public would demand. They would literally want to see blood.
  • Options
    Returns tonight.

Currently half way through. Absolutely bonkers.
  • Options
    Anyone else been watching this?
    What's your favorite episode?
  • Options
    Loved Hang the DJ , thought it was one of the best of the whole thing
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options
    Half way through the new series, first three episodes very good so far. Will watch Hang the DJ tonight.
  • Options
    new series?
  • Options
    The 4th season is great.

Black Mirror is my favourite Tv show...along side dexter, which is now annoyingly no longer on Netflix.

USS calister, the 1st of season 4 is notably the best episode.

I found the 2nd one interesting but a little predictable.

Enjoyed the 3rd one.

Hang the DJ was ok

5th one good...a worthy watch but rather short and not much of a back story.

The black Museum is suburb but I wish there was something slightly different about it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

The 4th season is great.

Black Mirror is my favourite Tv show...along side dexter, which is now annoyingly no longer on Netflix.

USS calister, the 1st of season 4 is notably the best episode.

I found the 2nd one interesting but a little predictable.

Enjoyed the 3rd one.

Hang the DJ was ok

5th one good...a worthy watch but rather short and not much of a back story.

The black Museum is suburb but I wish there was something slightly different about it.

USS calister, Hang the DJ and Black Museum were the only ones I enjoyed.
    The other three I found very average.
  • Options
    My favorite has to be San junipero. Not keen on romantic films etc, however that is enough to make a grown man cry, superbly done. Also black museum was superb too.

Uss Callister had me on my edge of the seat too
  • Options
    Didn't know there was a new series. Still pissed off there was no TV Wipe this year.
  • Options
    I need to get back into this, watched it got into it but then was disappointed i somehow skipped from the first few episodes to a later series and as hacked me off i didnt bother going through ones i've missed.

Liked the one with the dating , where they got given a time. Pretty cool ideas/ love the technology in them too makes you wonder what can happen in the future.
  • Options
    I love Black Mirror but it always leaves me wanting to escape to the countryside and live an unplugged life.
  • Options
    I can't wait to try it a couple of times over the weekend. 5 different endings and supposedly over a trillion (yes trillion) different permutations.
  • Options
    Fucking great show.

Anyone who enjoys one off episodes like black mirror check out "inside number 9" thats written by reece shearsmith and steve pemberton. Each episode is based inside a "number 9" house or building and there's nearly always a twist. Our own lovely gemma arteton is in one of the episodes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished Bandersnatch. Really interesting, the format works v well for the episode but i hope they (or more so, Netflix) dont repeat the style for another show as it just doesnt work very well.

No spoilers, but i really enjoyed the storyline and i already want to re-watch and get a different ending and see how else it can play out. Only draw back was i got a bit frustrated towards the end because i couldn't find a main ending for a little while which made it feel a bit disjointed. Still quality, for me Black Mirror is one of thr smartest things on tv.
  • Options
    Don't usually like black mirror but that was excellent!
  • Options

Just finished Bandersnatch. Really interesting, the format works v well for the episode but i hope they (or more so, Netflix) dont repeat the style for another show as it just doesnt work very well.

No spoilers, but i really enjoyed the storyline and i already want to re-watch and get a different ending and see how else it can play out. Only draw back was i got a bit frustrated towards the end because i couldn't find a main ending for a little while which made it feel a bit disjointed. Still quality, for me Black Mirror is one of thr smartest things on tv.

It's brilliant.

No spoilers...

Maybe we should have a spoilers thread?

Due to the alternative possibilities...where we can ask...

So what happend to you then?
  • Options

Fucking great show.

Anyone who enjoys one off episodes like black mirror check out "inside number 9" thats written by reece shearsmith and steve pemberton. Each episode is based inside a "number 9" house or building and there's nearly always a twist. Our own lovely gemma arteton is in one of the episodes.

Pure genius. The Sheridan Smith one is as good as anything I've seen. Love the league of gentleman though.

The pig episode of black mirror used my office for outside shots. Loved telling the partners the story behind our workplace
  • Options

Fucking great show.

The burglars episode is an absolute belter. A work of art. Fantastic.
  • Options
    New episode was fantastic.
  • Options
    Sugar puffs? Or Frostiest?
  • Options
    As a fan of the old adventure game books I enjoyed it, but found myself just wanting to watch the story play out tbh. Can find a lot of the blackmirror stuff a bit "samey" (admittedly haven't watched them all) dunno, maybe I'm hard to please! Bandersnatch is definitely worth a watch though fan of not.
  • Options
    You have an option at the end to go back and try different endings - great concept and great show but one off is fine
  • Options

Don't usually like black mirror but that was excellent!

The opposite for me, normally like Black Mirror, but watched Bandersnatch last night and felt it was 'weak', and couldnt wait for it to finish. Must admit, i wasnt able to choose the options, so it just ran itself, which might have added to the general confusion.