Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Clark deluded?

I wasn't at the game unfortunately but from most reports we were by far the better team and Hamer wasn't tested.

So why is Lee Clark saying his side got their 'just rewards' after creating 'numerous chances'?

Just rewards

Blues appeared down-and-out when Charlton Athletic surged ahead two minutes from time, but they showed great bravery to rescue a point in the 93rd minute thanks to Wade Elliott’s prod home from close range.

Clark told bcfc.com: “The game turned on its head in the last couple of minutes. I thought it was quite an even contest. My team put on a good away performance. I thought it might have been a bit of an injustice if we hadn't taken anything from the game.

“We looked solid and strong; we defended and worked extremely hard. We’ve also created numerous chances and on another day we could have got more than the one goal. They might have done as well but we certainly didn’t deserve to lose the game, that’s for sure.

He added: “It shows the character of the group. This isn't the first time we've scored a late goal to take something from the game.”

The visitors, including an inspired Jack Butland, worked tremendously hard to keep a rampant Charlton at bay for the majority of the afternoon.

Clark continued: “I thought as a team we defended brilliantly, we had good shape and we worked hard. I just think we didn't press the ball quickly enough to stop the cross. With it being so late you think it's game over but not for the first time my lads have come back and responded late in the game.”

And the Blues said of his ‘keeper: “It won't be long before Jack's pushing Joe Hart to be England's number one. I think the whole package with him is unbelievable. He's always looking to improve himself. I just love the way he's handled himself with the Olympics and his England call-up. It all points to the very top.”

Comments

• Options
    Bullshit baffles brains merchant.
  • Options
    Lee Clarke is a wanka I really don't like or rate him
  • Options
    Birmingham are the worst side (Bar Butland) I have seen at the Valley this season.

Delussional.
  • Options
    Lee Clarke is an idiot
  • Options
    It's Clark not Clarke.
  • Options
    Every time I see or hear him interviewed I can't believe he is a football manager.
    Fella should be working on the fish counter in Morrisons!
  • Options
    How would he know he spends most of his time looking at the floor.
  • Options
    carly burn Member
    8:57AM
    Every time I see or hear him interviewed I can't believe he is a football manager.

I've always found people who work on the fish counter at Morrisons to be helpful, intelligent and good at their job. So there!
  • Options

carly burn Member

I've always found people who work on the fish counter at Morrisons to be helpful, intelligent and good at their job. So there!

Blimey, what Morrisons was that?!
  • Options

carly burn Member

Really? Last time I asked someone at Morrison's whether they had any Monkfish, they didn't know what it was, and asked me whether I was talking about 'mumfish' (whatever the hell that is supposed to be)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet he didn't make eye contact with the interviewer at anytime. Bloke is a cringeworthy idiot.
  • Options
    Acquaintance who is a blues fan who was there seems to think they deserved to win! Obviously all as deluded as each other.
  • Options
    I was there with a Brum fan and he thought charlton should have won by three or four.
  • Options
    Managers spin.
  • Options
    But did he really say that, or was that just what his interpreter thought he'd said?
  • Options
    Dopey Geordie twat.
  • Options
    only thing clarks right about is they do score alot of late goals, and we still gift them one.
  • Options
    Clark is a very astute manager. I noticed he changed his tactics in the second half, going from arms crossed to hands in pockets. After a short time, realising this wasn't working, he switched promptly back to arms crossed.

Numpty.......................
  • Options
    It's well known fact in the north east that he is exceedingly thick.
  • Options
    If you look down and out and then manage to rescue a point without playin well at all, morale is gonna be pretty high in the dressing room.

Last thing he's gonna do is say "we we terrible today, complete injustice on charlton who deserved all 3 points"

Same old shite from managers who don't wanna call out his team in public after a lucky point away from home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee Clark is a prize pratt. He'll be out on his ear soon and will end up managing a L1 or L2 side at best.

Birmingham were poor, except for Butland. When you think that they have players like Caldwell, Curtis Davies and Burke as well as Butland you really would expect them to be challenging near the top. Under-performing team, under-performing manager.
  • Options
    I think CP is more honest when we have the rare lucky win.
  • Options
    Didn't he go 35785423568 games unbeaten once?
  • Options

Didn't he go 35785423568 games unbeaten once?

yeah ,but 35785423567 of them were draws.
  • Options
    I've been watching football long enough to know when one team should have won had they taken the chances created. Charlton should have strolled that game on the balance of play but we didn't take our chances. That's our fault not theirs but to even suggest Birmingham deserved something from that match is pure delusion or fantasy.
  • Options
    Lee Clark is one of the biggest knobs in football. whatever he says take with a pinch of salt. He won't be in the game much longer .
  • Options
    To be fair he was a very good manager at Huddersfield and was was very unfairly dismissed.
    Part of his is to motivate his team so he is bound to be upbeat even if he feels thay were fortunate.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Or sound upbeat in order to save his own arse. Personally speaking I find telling staff that they are doing a good job when in actuality they are performing badly is not a recipe for success.
  • Options
    Just looked at the BBC stats....16-15 shots at goal...in our favour, thats pretty good for an away team though.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Birmingham are the worst side (Bar Butland) I have seen at the Valley this season.

Delussional.

Hang on a minute.....oh forget it.