Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Carragher

Comments

• Options
    Not sure how anyone can defend this in any shape or form

Lennie made many great decisions but sacking Paul Miller for spitting is right up there

Hope he gets sacked and never works in the industry again but unfortunately he ain’t a bad pundit so expect him to be working in Dubai if Sky can him
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I can never understand why spitting is considered acceptable whilst playing. Why can't they swallow any phlegm. Saw Roy Hodgson spit on the touchline on tv recently. No excuse for that and totally unnecessary.

Swallow phlegm! Yuk.
    I think you probably don't do any hard working sports.
    No I don't but you don't see other sports spitting.
    As one who watches far too much sport according to She Who Must Be Obeyed I have to respectfully disagree.

There is plenty of spitting in other physically strenuous sports but footballers tend to attract rather more close up camera shots in my opinion.
    What Len says.
    Any sport with a lot of stop /start exertion and you'll see the clearing of phlegm.
    When i was cycling it was each nostril then a gob.
  • Options
    Spitting can be classified as a criminal offence - not sure if Jamie has previous criminal records.

His behaviour was pathetic as was that of the cockhead filming and provoking him. Carragher is a fully grown adult supposedly and not some immature teenager - hard to excuse his behaviour.

Danny Murphy etc on Talkshite really hacked me off trying to excuse his behaviour. Spitting at people is just plain disgusting.
  • Options
    Someone else to take up the nickname of 'Gobby' ?
  • Options
    Surprised Carragher never got out and chinned him....
  • Options

Surprised Carragher never got out and chinned him....

I

Anybody that spits at a girl is a coward that's why.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

I can never understand why spitting is considered acceptable whilst playing. Why can't they swallow any phlegm. Saw Roy Hodgson spit on the touchline on tv recently. No excuse for that and totally unnecessary.

Swallow phlegm! Yuk.
    As one who watches far too much sport according to She Who Must Be Obeyed I have to respectfully disagree.

There is plenty of spitting in other physically strenuous sports but footballers tend to attract rather more close up camera shots in my opinion.
    What Len says.
    Any sport with a lot of stop /start exertion and you'll see the clearing of phlegm.
    Never seen it in five a side. People would be slipping all over the place.
  • Options
    Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Swallow phlegm! Yuk.

What Len says.
    Never seen it in five a side. People would be slipping all over the place.
    Good point. It's acceptable to spit on grass when playing football/sport, because it kind of "disappears" from view.

But you don't spit on a hard court and certainly not an indoor court, not even if you're Millwall :smile:
  • Options
    Next Charlton manager as shows passion.and talks a lot in Scouse accent.
  • Options
    I've never seen it in womens rhythmic gymnastics either..strange that.
  • Options

I've never seen it in womens rhythmic gymnastics either..strange that.

Woman just don't do that sort of thing in the same way that they never pass wind :open_mouth:
  • Options
    He has to be sacked by Sky, disgusting cowardly act, as an employer I would sack him, couldn't give to hoots about his previous or his charitable acts, what surprises me most is that idiot dad filming him didnt firstly ram his car & secondly give him a smack. A dispicable action and his employment termination in my opionion fits his cowardly crime.
  • Options
    I always smile at these threads when you get people defending him with comments about none of us being saints, sure I am no saint but I can hand on heart say I have never before & never will spit on a child because her dad is a bit of an idiot.
  • Options

I always smile at these threads when you get people defending him with comments about none of us being saints, sure I am no saint but I can hand on heart say I have never before & never will spit on a child because her dad is a bit of an idiot.

You’re a saint!
  • Options

Hope the person filming is fined for using a mobile phone whilst driving.

4 "Likes" for a comment that has been made countless times on this thread? Come on people!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The prick of a dad seems to have got away scot free here. Don’t get me wrong, spitting is gross (literally today some bloke getting off the train randomly hocked one up and spat on the platform - why?!?!).

But I also get pissed off when football fans mouth off and then start crying foul when the player doesn’t just sit there and take it.
  • Options
    What Carra did is wrong. But it also shows what arrogant twats Man United fans are.
  • Options
    Get rid...
  • Options
    A video showcasing the finest of humanity.

Lock up the dad and bin Carragher from his job. Shitstain actions from the both of them. Hope the daughter is okay (and wasn't being a shitbag herself).
  • Options

Trying to fathom his stupidity. It is career over I suspect!

The Keys, Gray and Carragher show.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    The 2-1 shout is such tame goading and the spitting soooooo over the top a reaction I’m thinking it might be an early April fool or some sort of experiment to get a million hits on YouTube and raise money for charity or some shit , it’s just too weird .
    With the goader sounding like a scouser as well , my completely wrong conspiracy theory may have legs
  • Options
    Atkinson, Keys and Gray were booted off SKY immediately after their comments.

It was sickly seeing Carragher on tele last night. He'll get off this.
  • Options

Atkinson, Keys and Gray were booted off SKY immediately after their comments.

It was sickly seeing Carragher on tele last night. He'll get off this.

I wondered if Sky designed a corporate way out for Carragher.

Sarah Hewson the Sky interviewer absolutely laid into him, Carragher was well and truly humbled and apologetic. But, was this just a way for Sky to demonstrate they've dealt with it? It seems odd to suspend someone and then invite them back to the premises, put them in a TV studio and broadcast his apology to the nation. Sky no doubt will continue to monitor the situation, they most likely want to keep him, but not to the cost of viewing figures, if the public refuse to accept his 'moment of madness'.

Carragher's problem will always be one of maintaining the high moral ground, when deliberating on the actions of others during the matches he covers.