Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The blight of the modern game

Those bloody flares get everywhere. England C against a Turkish Team at Dartford. No seats to rip up though

Comments

• Options
    Who plays for England C?
  • Options
    Better pitch than ours.
  • Options
    Non-league players. Semi final of a cup of some sort. I should know really as I'm stood here in the cold
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Who plays for England C?

Non-league players.
  • Options
    that's not a flare, it's just a healthy glow from Simon Jordan
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Who plays for England C?

Welling's Goalkeeper.......

Seriously!!!!!!
  • Options
    What is Sam Bartram's statue doing there ?
  • Options
    Has anyone here got any experience of watching football in Turkey? I've been looking for a football trip in May, and noticed that the same weekend Besiktas have Genclerbirligi at home... And Fenerbahce host Galatasary. Hmmmm.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Has anyone here got any experience of watching football in Turkey? I've been looking for a football trip in May, and noticed that the same weekend Besiktas have Genclerbirligi at home... And Fenerbahce host Galatasary. Hmmmm.

Went to an England match in Izmir in 93. Absolute f***ing nightmare. Coached from the airport, when we got near the ground people jumping and punching the roof. Constant barrage of coins and food for the 90 minutes.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I'd try somewhere safer - like Baghdad

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Ha, yeah I've just been watching videos on Youtube that put the London riots to shame. I've seen big derbies in Italy, Peru and Brazil but that would be on another level, a real bucket list fixture (although one you should probably leave to tick off last).
  • Options
    I presume England C is an abbreviation?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    RedPanda said:

We went to watch Fenerbahce the season before last, amazing experience. They were just playing some mid table side team from another part of the country but the atmosphere and passion was still incredible, like nothing else. We stood in with the hard core and despite horror stories you'll hear they were fantastic, teaching us their songs and offering us their cigarettes. Add to this Istanbul is an amazing city and you get a class few days. We also went to watch Bursaspor (they were playing Rangers in the Champions League) which is quite far away and I wouldn't reccomend that, but Istanbul was great.
  • Options
    Going to see a derby in Argentina is another fantastic if a little dodgy atmosphere.
  • Options
    Cheers SE9, did you buy tickets over there? That could be my stumbling block, especially with it being THE game. Agencies here want £300+.

It was off season when I was backpacking in Argentina, I saw the national team against Canada and the atmosphere was flat. Any domestic game at all would have been great.