Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

david beckham

Comments

• Options

PL54 said:

It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?

Giving to a British charity would not allow for a French tax reduction.

I'd just to state again that I'm not critising Beckham, not at all. Good for him for finding such a great way of avoiding French taxes which is virtually a national sport for anyone with any sense in France.
    I imagine he would avoid tax if he worked pro bono.

As it is he is giving it to charity.
    He's 'only' giving his PSG salary to charity. All the other marketing money will be his. On this he will get a tax reduction thanks to his charitable contribution. You need to read my posts properly. It may sound absurd but I guess you've never tried living in France!
    If you mean his image rights - are you sure that in France they are taxed domestically?

There's no EU-wide taxation system (as yet) but in the UK most players have offshored their image rights to avoid tax and can do so perfectly legally - at least since Dennis Bergkamp won a case against HMRC over the issue. Does France have the same system, or do they insist on image rights being taxed domestically?

• Options
    Another DB story - from the Secret Footballer - when he was at Man U he was asked by the developers of the Palm Island project off the coast of Dubai if he would appear in advertisements and promotion. Besides accepting a fee he agreed only if the developers would sell at cost one house to everyone at Man U who wanted to buy a house, at the time this cost each player ca £600k, the estimated price now per unit is around five-six times that.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

You're assuming he even pays his taxes in France.

Accept the good he's doing and stop trying to put your own negative spin on it.
    He's 'only' giving his PSG salary to charity. All the other marketing money will be his. On this he will get a tax reduction thanks to his charitable contribution. You need to read my posts properly. It may sound absurd but I guess you've never tried living in France!

I'm not putting 'negative spin' on it. If you read my posts you will see that. I'm just giving information that you will not know as you don't live in France. If that's so bad, why have a forum?

• Options

PL54 said:

It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?

I'd just to state again that I'm not critising Beckham, not at all. Good for him for finding such a great way of avoiding French taxes which is virtually a national sport for anyone with any sense in France.

If you mean his image rights - are you sure that in France they are taxed domestically?

There's no EU-wide taxation system (as yet) but in the UK most players have offshored their image rights to avoid tax and can do so perfectly legally - at least since Dennis Bergkamp won a case against HMRC over the issue. Does France have the same system, or do they insist on image rights being taxed domestically?

I don't know the answer to that. I just reckon that he's probably taking advantage of the tax reduction you get in France when you give to charity - something that if you don't live in France you won't be aware of. He's still doing a very good deed, there's no way I'm criticising him - far from it, I still think it's great. I give money to charity myself - I get 50% back but that still means I'm giving half of the original amount.
  • Options

PL54 said:

I don't know the answer to that. I just reckon that he's probably taking advantage of the tax reduction you get in France when you give to charity - something that if you don't live in France you won't be aware of. He's still doing a very good deed, there's no way I'm criticising him - far from it, I still think it's great. I give money to charity myself - I get 50% back but that still means I'm giving half of the original amount.
    You mean they have tax in France - and tax breaks too? You're right, as I don't live in France and I'd never have known that.

What's next, they eat cheese?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

PL54 said:

You mean they have tax in France - and tax breaks too? You're right, as I don't live in France and I'd never have known that.

What's next, they eat cheese?
    [/blockquote]

I heard a nasty rumour that they eat their racehorses too! Never lived in France though so I won't know if it's true
  • Options
    Rumours he has got his daughters teacher up the duff and he's about to get a divorce.
  • Options

Rumours he has got his daughters teacher up the duff and he's about to get a divorce.

bookies have apparently stopped taking bets on a divorce after a flurry of enquiries were made
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Number 2 trending item on twitter
  • Options

What type of wrongen would bet on something like that?

one that's recently been shagging his missus!
  • Options
    Don't care, he's still a God.
  • Options
    Betting odds out already on who the next Mrs Beckham will be. I thought I had half a chance.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What type of wrongen would bet on something like that?

Brooklyn had a score on it.
    Sniggered at that, then had an existential crisis about the world we live in where we can bet on and make jokes about a kid's family splitting up.

This is not in any way 'judgey'... I'm 100% guilty, but just... shit.
  • Options
    Apparently all due to come out in the papers tomorrow
  • Options

One of the regular posters on the older stateman Spurs boards said about 2 months ago the daughter was having to move schools because Becks was shagging one of the teachers. He knew because his kids were going to the same school. Didn't think much of it at the time...but having seen this is all coming out in the press now...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

One of the regular posters on the older stateman Spurs boards said about 2 months ago the daughter was having to move schools because Becks was shagging one of the teachers. He knew because his kids were going to the same school. Didn't think much of it at the time...but having seen this is all coming out in the press now...
    Heard via someone in PR that this all going to kick off officially tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just read there's supposedly a press release at 4pm!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Just read there's supposedly a press release at 4pm!

Regarding his 'release'?
  • Options
    they have flat out denied it.