Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

david beckham

Comments

• Options

yeah but those kids might not be english

So what? He's not playing for an English team.

• Options
    Top top bloke.
  • Options
    Nice one David!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    No money to to English charities because no English club signed him.

Arsene said in the press that he was pony.

We should all throw Beckham sponsored flares and seats on saturday. At each over.

• Options
    Well done Becks.
    Pity the usual WUMS.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

cafctom said:

It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?

So the French pay him all this money and he goes and gives it to a different country? Sure that would go down very well with his employers.

Beckham has done loads for charities and good causes all around the world, this country included. But let's forget that and keep slating him shall we?

Some people really need to get a life.
    The 'French' are not paying him any money are they ? .. the money is going straight to charity so we are led to believe. Good luck to Beckham, but I suspect an ulterior motive in Beckham's altruism. PSG have spent millions on players over the past few months. Are you convinced that a 37 year old has been in footballing terms is joining the football club solely for footballing reasons ?. I doubt very much if he will get much first team action.
    I expect soon to see Beckham signing lucrative deals with French perfumeries or expensive clothing outlets as he has done in the past , something to tie him and PSG to expensive retailing and commerce. We will see.
    To avoid criticism,do nothing,say nothing,be nothing.

Elbert Hubbard

• Options
    No mater what he does some will find fault

Becks was the best english player of my generation imo

Just goes to show that the class the man shows will always draw criticism from those with none

• Options

Oh please, yet more Brand Becham promotion.
    I bet he is keeping his image rights etc.
    Doubt he will prove a success.............OK I am probably the only person in the UK who hasn't rated him since his Man U days. And is tired of Brand Beckham.

Is that a wind up? Or are you totally stupid?
  • Options
    Don't forget that Beckham's action also raises the profile of the charity by about 10,000% and may encourage other sportsmen and celebs to do something similar, rather than just turning up at charity occasions for self-promotion and pestering the rest of us to give more. Why whinge about it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jealousy is why people choose to pick holes
  • Options
    That Greece game alone is enough to love the man
  • Options

That Greece game alone is enough to love the man

It was fun living in Germany at the time IIRC their match had just finished and at that point they had qualified for the WC as leaders of the group. All they needed was England-Greece to finish at whatever the score was at the time and they were through. The commentary went something like "Beckham...nein, nein, nein, oh nay, nein" as the ball hit the back of the net leaving Germany to have to negotiate the play-offs.

• Options
    I thought I would share this story that I heard recently that surprised me. My friends are both filmers on a football based tv show. One told me that one time David Beckham was a guest on the show. After filming he went around and shook everyones hand and introduced himself " Hi I m David, what's your name?" Everyone from the director to the intern making cups of tea.

A few years later one of the cameramen was in the west end with his wife and young son and they saw a lot of paparazzi swarming around someone. It turned out to be David Beckham. The guy says to his wife and son that he once met David Beckham and they both gave it the "yeah right".

As they passed the paparazzi and everyone, David Beckham made eye contact with the filmer he had met previously. David Beckham crossed the road and approached the guy Hey Steve how are you? Do you remember me, we met at the tv studio, are you still there? is this your wife and son?" The wife and son were clearly gobsmacked and the filmer was there chuffed to bits.

Apparently that is one of his greatest tricks that he never forgets a name or a face or what they do. He really went up in my books after I heard that story.
  • Options
    Interesting story - as an aside, Franklin Roosevelt used to hire someone who had a phenomenal memory, whenever he did walkabouts or met members of the public at the White House this guy would stand behind him and whisper in his ear the name of the person, whether he played golf, his wife's name and anything else he could remember. FDR would seamlessly recount all this information leaving people to go away marvelling at how down to earth FDR was and a bit honoured that the president actually remembered their name.
  • Options
    Love Beckham
  • Options
    word on the internet is the French charity that Bex is donating to has been named as...Newcastle Utd.
  • Options
    I never liked beckham, he always annoyed the hell out of me, but he has done a great thing here and set a great precedent I hope. Fair play to him I say.
  • Options
    Sadiejane go to your room with out any tea

Didn't like Becks how very dare you

I think of greece old Trafford and nearly make sex wee still now
  • Options
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if you 'had' to rump/get rumped by a man Becks would be my choice ;-)
  • Options

if you 'had' to rump/get rumped by a man Becks would be my choice ;-)

• Options
    brilliant !!!
  • Options
    as his football skill fades his PR movements just get better and better. fair play to him, its a good thing but if he was ugly he would of disappeared years ago. football's version of the x factor.
  • Options
    He could sway me lol
  • Options
    Not sure about how much game time Beckham will get at PSG, I don't know the strength of their squad.

But, after so many years playing in the MLS it will be really interesting to see how he copes in a decent league at 37.

Beckham has never been done any favours by his dopey missus and her PR people, he seems to be a really decent bloke off the pitch.

Can't agree that he is the best English player of his generation though, that would be a certain ginger midfield partner of his at Old Trafford. Not Nicky Butt!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    An excellent deal for all parties. Charity is a million pounds/Euros better off. PSG get extra gate receipts and replica shirt revenue. Brand Beckham possibly could get some new sponsorship deals.

Everyone's happy. Well done to whoever thought of this excellent idea.
  • Options
    Not sure if he's done it through altruism or self interest. Not sure it matters though; it's a good thing that he's done. Well done Becks.
  • Options
    Mo Fara Foundation money goes to kids in Somalia yet thjis country gave him his chances

Beckham may well be doing this for PR

So what ? the main point its kids thathave f++k all are getting some help.
  • Options
    I do think its a shame though that Beckham has ended up choosing a club that in all probability he won't get many first team games for. Rather then getting stuck in at a lower level