Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell press interview 1.30pm

according to the Charlton facebook page

Chris Powell will be speaking to the radio and written press at around 1.30pm today. Apparently there is more interest than usual in what he has today. We'll have full reaction on www.cafc.co.uk later.

Comments

• Oh wow
  • How many chairs are there alongside him? ;-)
  • Players coming or going I wonder?????
  • Maybe he's going to answer all our questions on the Talksport thread? :-0
  • Thursday is press day anyway isnt it?
  • Dizzle said:

Thursday is press day anyway isnt it?

Yep and of course theres more interest then usual but it probably won't be more interesting then usual

• " Here comes the Judge, here comes the Judge, everybody knows that here comes the Judge"......
  • Waiting for the big groan when CP tells the press "we've not had any calls about any of our players".
  • really last day and people are going to be waiting by the key board again for what ?
    dont we get the same wind up every year ?

Or maybe that "big news signing" will be siting there (what was that BDL?) or maybe there will be 3 guys siting there--- Ferdinand, Wordsworth and Judge or just maybe we havnt got any money
  • Sponsored links:

• Link?

News Shopper will post all the stories shortly after the conference is over as he does every week.

Or you can try #cafc
  • Beckboy said:

This

LOL!
  • no pasting kids, he gets very upset
  • Thursday press day as usual I suppose..??
  • Wordsworth has gone to Ipswich hasn't he ? - there's a picture of him in the shirt signing a contract on their site.
  • yes he has.
  • just shows you how naffed up football is some small club is WLondon can pay a player £100K a week we cant pay £100K for a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• just shows you how naffed up football is some small club is WLondon can pay a player £100K a week we cant pay £100K for a player.

Absolutely staggering

• any news from CP?
  • Most managers have blown out there press day today ready for a busy afternoon/evening in front of the telephone.
    Nothing to see here.
  • Nug said:

just shows you how naffed up football is some small club is WLondon can pay a player £100K a week we cant pay £100K for a player.

Absolutely staggering

How football changes,back in 2005 QPR were so skint that they returned Goalkeeper Simon Royce to us early from a loan because they couldn't afford his wages before the end of the season only to sign him permanently in the summer.

• @CAFCofficial
    The gaffer is here and #pressday is off and running! (IL) #cafc

Timely as always Chris...
  • Chris Parkes says that the gaffer runs on Jamaican time .
  • @CAFCofficial
    Chris Powell, on deadline day: "I might be having a long afternoon, and a long evening." (IL) #cafc
  • DeeBee said:

@CAFCofficial
    Chris Powell, on deadline day: "I might be having a long afternoon, and a long evening." (IL) #cafc

That basically translates into "I'll be sweating that one of the big clubs don't come in for my best players = Solly"
  • Richard J said:

Nug said:

just shows you how naffed up football is some small club is WLondon can pay a player £100K a week we cant pay £100K for a player.

Absolutely staggering

How football changes,back in 2005 QPR were so skint that they returned Goalkeeper Simon Royce to us early from a loan because they couldn't afford his wages before the end of the season only to sign him permanently in the summer.

When Lee Cook left QPR to join Fulham, didn't he give his signing on fee to QPR to help their finances? I hope they've given it back, now they've got money to burn!
  • Can't believe we haven't signed anyone yet, not even Rosie the dog.