Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six Nations 2013

Saturday 2nd Feb
Wales v Ireland 13:30
England v Scotland 16:00

Sunday 3rd Feb
Italy v France 15:00.

Looks an open tournament this year - Wales won last year winning the GS in the process but their form in the autumn interationals was patchy. Scotland's pre-Christmas form was dire - they managed to lose at home to Tonga and looked to have failed to progress after unveiling several talented young players last season- the latest is Sean Maitland who arrives after a few seasons of playing for Canterbury in NZ. Having missed out on an All Blacks call up he's trying his luck with Scotland. For England Manu Tuilagi and Alex Corbisiero are missing, the latter will miss the entire tournament. Brian O'Driscoll returns for Ireland.

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait for it all to kick off. Can't see Wales doing anything special this year with their injuries and form, and Ireland's pack just looks to weak. Between us and France I would say, but France do have to travel to Twickenham....
  • Options
    I'm looing forward to this an all!

C'MON ENGLAND!
  • Options
    Any chance of Scotland not getting the wooden spoon ?
  • Options
    Between them and Italy as always. Their game is at Murrayfield so my money would be on them beating the Italians. Will be won in the forwards as both teams backlines are pretty awful.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Can see Italy with the wooden spoon this year @se9addick pal!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

Can see Italy with the wooden spoon this year @se9addick pal!
    Cool, although Scotland normally find a way of messing it up !
  • Options
    beauty of the Six Nations is that things rarely go to the script which makes it wonderfully unpredictable

with England missing Tuilagi, I'm not writing the Jocks off at Twickers on Saturday

at 12-1, I'm having a piece of that, maybe to cash out for a profit if it's a tight game and they are in touch at half-time
  • Options
    hoping Ireland win , so I get some tie business
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    First day of the 6 nations....probably one of my favourite day of the year. Coupled with an away trip to the Nigels, does today get any better?!
  • Options

First day of the 6 nations....probably one of my favourite day of the year. Coupled with an away trip to the Nigels, does today get any better?!

A couple of wins would be nice! ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Their last match is against Italy at Murrayfield so they have a good chance of avoiding the WS.
  • Options
    Off to the Millennium Stadium on a corporate thing. Ireland by 10pts.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If the England that hammered the All Blacks turns up for the 5 games then they will just walk it. However, consistency is not a trait associated with recent England teams. France are a terrific team and I have a feeling that Scotland will surprise a few. It looks the most open contest for a few years. Every side has an influx of new and young players who will be out to impress. I am looking forward to the tournament and expect either England or France to win it.
    Italy ? ... to be honest, I would like to see a return to the 5 nations. Most Italy games are awful to watch. If only Italy had progressed half as much as Argentina.
  • Options
    Had to decline corporate hospitality at Twickenham as I'd promised to do some housey stuff with wifey

:-(
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Had to decline corporate hospitality at Twickenham as I'd promised to do some housey stuff with wifey

:-(

You must be mad !!!
  • Options
    Italy beat France, so the winner of the Ireland v England could well claim the championship.
  • Options
    Always good when the French lose. And to Italy as well.
  • Options

Italy beat France, so the winner of the Ireland v England could well claim the championship.

This.

I had France down to win the tournament tbh!

C'MON ENGLAND!!
  • Options
    although English could do with Ireland winning next week from a business point of viw.
  • Options
    Typically French I guess...never know which face is going to turn up.

Good games yesterday by the sounds of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Wales , Ireland match was great. First half all Ireland, second half Wales came back into it, brilliant tackling from the Irish with 200 tackles and playing the last 20 minutes with 14 men as a result of two yellows cards. Most of that times Wales were inside Ireland's 22.
  • Options
    Some great running and passing from England too, it did not always come off, but much better to watch than the continual kicking game of recent years. A retired friend of mine who played to a high standard for Cornwall and the Navy in his younger days told me that Italy would give the French a better game than most expected, but even he could not have predicted that!
  • Options
    Some good games this weekend, decent atacking rugby, England passing the ball around nicely, and the French losing in Rome!
  • Options
    Three great games - the opening weekend in the 6N is often cagey stuff, no team wants to get off to a losing start, especially at home but lots of open running rugby on show in all games and stacks of tries. Bodes well for the next weekend.

Did anything else happen this weekend?

I thought not...
  • Options
    I'm supporting ABE as usual. Ireland so NSS is happy or Italy as it would be funny.
  • Options

I'm supporting ABE as usual. Ireland so NSS is happy or Italy as it would be funny.

It's always amusing in non-English rugby circles that the default team for most rugby fans is "whoever England are playing".

Italy wining the 6N would be amusing...

• Options

H.I. - is this just for the rugby or same for football and other sports?
    Any particular reason(s) why or just ambivalent to the egg chasing?

• Options
    Just rugger. Will support my country in any other sport.

And no ambivalence at all, I'm quite clear that I can't stand English rugger. Never have, never will.
  • Options

Just rugger. Will support my country in any other sport.

And no ambivalence at all, I'm quite clear that I can't stand English rugger. Never have, never will.

The team or the people it attracts ?
  • Options
    H can't have opposing fans sitting in the same stands without kicking it off big time

I make him right it ain't support if you can sit next to each other without being violent I mean what's the point in that

Also how the feck can you get a pen that far from the goal it's just a direct free kick