Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Do We Stop Our Passion Spilling Over At Palace?

I'm really really looking forward to the Palace game on Saturday , but i have concerns , forget the Saturday - Wednesday game , how do we make sure our players are 'up' for it without commiting silly fouls and picking up needless yellow & red cards.

The nutter who took out Dale Stephens on Saturday after 5 minutes , i'm sure would have been sent off if it happened later in the game , and i feel the ref 'bottled it' as he didn't want to be accused of ruining the game.

Palace are going to try and wind us up and perhaps have more to play for than us , with one eye on the playoffs , i for one would love it if the Charlton players can really dig deep and put out a performance and result to make us proud , i have a Palace fan at work baiting me and waiting to give it large at work on Monday , please Charlton do the business!

Comments

• Options
    If anything when we played palarse at the valley it was a lack of passion that cost us but Pritchard has said that we 'owe' them after last time so it looks like there will be plenty of passion with revenge on the players minds. The Millwall game was a good indication that they know how to keep their heads in big games (touches wood). I, like you, am desperate for this win just to shut some people up!
  • Options
    I think they have the motivation/discipline thing down better than most sides. Near enough every game in the second half of last season felt like a cup final and more often than not they delivered when the pressure was on.

It will come down to tactics, quality and of course a bit of luck on the day.
  • Options

I'm really really looking forward to the Palace game on Saturday , but i have concerns , forget the Saturday - Wednesday game , how do we make sure our players are 'up' for it without commiting silly fouls and picking up needless yellow & red cards.

The nutter who took out Dale Stephens on Saturday after 5 minutes , i'm sure would have been sent off if it happened later in the game , and i feel the ref 'bottled it' as he didn't want to be accused of ruining the game.

Palace are going to try and wind us up and perhaps have more to play for than us , with one eye on the playoffs , i for one would love it if the Charlton players can really dig deep and put out a performance and result to make us proud , i have a Palace fan at work baiting me and waiting to give it large at work on Monday , please Charlton do the business!

The same shift they put in at the Toolbox will do me. Even if we do lose, if they give that sort of effort and commitment I will be happy.
  • Options
    Pretend your Playing Sheffield Weds
  • Options

Odd post, we've never had a discipline problem in other 'big games' why would we now
  • Options
    If both teams carry on their current 6-game form until the end of the season, we'll finish a point above them. ;-)
  • Options
    Palarse will be more worried.
    They have two of the top five dirty players in the championship this season.
    Murray and Jedinak.
  • Options
    Personally I'm going to be wearing incontinence pants just in case my "passion" "spills over" when Yann gets the 90th minute winner.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    J BLOCK said:

Odd post, we've never had a discipline problem in other 'big games' why would we now
    I think there's a lot of frustration brewing from Saturdays game (Players and supporters) and i don't want it to spill over into Saturdays game and end up with one of players doing something daft and costing us 3 points.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I spoke to Bradley Pritchard at bluewater today for about 5 minutes. Really nice bloke. Said they were all gutted about Saturday and seemed like he was really looking forward to palace. Tried getting a bit of transfer news as well but no chance!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bet Palarse get a penalty.
  • Options

Personally I'm going to be wearing incontinence pants just in case my "passion" "spills over" when Yann gets the 90th minute winner.

Sorry, it can't be Yann; it doesn't scan properly like Denis in the last minute. Now, Bradley in the last minute works fine.
  • Options

The same shift they put in at the Toolbox will do me. Even if we do lose, if they give that sort of effort and commitment I will be happy.
    same here
  • Options
    At least Evina and Wagstaff should do better than Kerkar and Seaborne...