Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signings this week

Would it make a difference to the position we finish this season?.Discuss

Comments

• Possibly, but the difference wouldn't be worth the money spent. If someone becomes available on the cheap like BWP was two years ago then grab it with two hands.
  • I reckon if we won yesterday, making it 4 on the bounce, there might have been a considered risk of stumping a bit of cash up for a potential playoff spot. Now I reckon we would be lucky to see a loan come in. The fact that we have sold noone is a big positive though and should be recognised.
  • Hard to disagree with what nichorob said. I'm really not expecting any new faces in but don't see any of our 'stars' leaving either.
  • Depends, mainly on how long they are here as short term longs are not worth the cost of the ink on the contract. The one player that could have a difference yesterday was Haynes, his pace for half an hour at the end would have curdled Llera's blood.

But some extra quality to replace those that CP doesn't deem good enough would help. However we may decide to wait until the summer for another big transformation
  • It's got too be at the right price , if we haven't got any money to spend , and we have to sell before we buy then fair enough, just don't leave the squad short in positions.

Might be worth moving on one or two that are not happy that they've played enough football .

I'm not too keen on going down the loans route unless its an absolute emergency, or unless its someone who is miles better than what we've got, I don't think Seabourne, Jonsson and Frimpong were great, Hulse was ok, would I want him back? I'm not so sure.

Could do with a Chris Woods type of player between now and the end of the season, ( How Millwall got him i dont know) im sure they are few and far between though.

Saying that 2 years ago we picked up BWP in January, so any things possible.
  • Don't see the point in spending money on loanees that will do a decent job but nothing more, e.g. someone like Ephraim.

Could do with a 4th CM if we're going to continue with 4-5-1. Other than that we can only improve on what we have, but as said the loanees didn't really do that, so how much is that going to cost?
  • I'm still in the camp that says we are three decent players from having a tilt at the playoffs even now. Was obvious yesterday that we look thin on quality yet we have a very good core eight or nine. I would prefer permanent deals but if we could get in three decent loans then I'd be happy. I'm not writing this season off until I see what happens this week.
  • I think that the owners realise that we are a mid table club. Not good enough to get into the top 6, but we are good enough to avoid relegation.
    The squad as a whole is not good enough and bringing in one or two players is not really going to make that much difference. So I would be surprised if there any new new arrivals this week. Wait until the summer and look at the squad then.
  • What makes us think that this summer will be any different from last when local businesses were knocking on our door to get paid what was owed . Have our finances changed so much that this scenario is unlikely to happen again ? I am sorry to say I am not confident that there will be any team re structuring of positive note now or in the summer. There is clearly no money to push us forward despite what Michael Slater said this week whilst full of smiles and joviality. If there was money to improve us last week or the week before would have been the time to spend some of it. Had we beaten Wednesday yesterday we would all be just a little exited of what the rest of the season might bring. Two decent signings seven or so days ago might have brought that.
  • Keep whatever funds the club may or may not have, and keep an eye on the summer,although we want to progress let's build the correct way. (Unless Roman buys the club and we go berserk)
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep whatever funds the club may or may not have, and keep an eye on the summer,although we want to progress let's build the correct way. (Unless Roman buys the club and we go berserk)
  • New York. New York ;0)
  • If we could nick a couple of players on frees or not a lot of money I think it's worth doing our club needs a boost after ydays result and performance bar waggy he was excellent
  • If we could get a couple of quality players like Wordsworth on the cheap due to contracts running out in 6 months then i say yes, as they could help us finish 8/9th this season to send out the message we are a team looking for promotion next season and help attract a few more in the summer, even if they are on the cheap or free again.

Or i could be talking complete rubbish, which im sure someone will say i am. :)

• I guess that yesterday showed either:

The manager doesn't believe he has enough on the bench to make a difference (so we should get rid of some and get others in).

Or

The manager has confidence in the options on his bench but forgot about them (so someone needs to remind him).