Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham Supporters FC 0 Charlton Supporters FC 1

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Many thanks to those of you off here who turned out on Saturday, a bit of a smash and grab, but great to start the season off with a win in a game played in good spirit. Shame we didn't get the same result in the afternoon !

The age of our team ranged from 16 to 48, and the combined age of the 2 goalkeepers was 94 ! That will take some beating !!

Anyone interested in playing in future games, please mail me at afka_smudge@hotmail.com, or leave a message for on this forum.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    ...and I now have a beauty of a bruise on the bridge of my nose - the aches and pains aren't so bad when you win though!!!

Loving the website Smudge....good work!
  • Options
    Has anyone had anything to do with Football Aid? I had a meeting with one of their guys and Bernard from the Former Players Assoc. There are trying to make it more fun and attractive. One idea was to have two teams each coached by a former player ie Simon Webster XI v John Bumstead XI. Rather than individuals a whole team could buy a place plus their would be a few former players on each side. Also maybe a coaching session thrown in.

Any ideas if this would be of interest or if not what would be.
  • Options
    certainly a good idea.

i'll have a think about a few things and get back to you.

not been involved with anything involving football aid before.
  • Options
    Great result AFKA!!

Who scored the winner?
  • Options
    Gerry's mate Ferg, not sure if you know.
  • Options
    Good comedy moment when the ref asked the lino to change his West Ham shirt, so the lad turned it inside out, looked exactly the same and Disco's standing 2 foot from him shouting out 'Where's that bloke in the West Ham shirt gone ?'

had to be there.
  • Options
    Good stuff - hoping we can get a game organised on the morning of the Arsenal game - I'm back for that one!
  • Options
    Sorry, forgot to say well done to the team. Do want me to give a plug in the Bexley Times? If so let have some more details and names.
  • Options
    well done lads. but who's this ben hayes bloke? has he been checked out as atuhentic. his name sounds a bit made up to me.
  • Options
    Don't you know henry? Ben Hayes is the name of a bloke who has a statue after him near Trafalgar Square. The oldies (they all have grey hair, if any hair at all now) used to meet there and sing songs and that. Hooligans, the lot of em!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think the Man of the Match has to go to Gerry, he held the team together and unlucky not to score. What a player was he professional once smudge?
  • Options
    professional loser...
  • Options
    Its James from Saturdays game Thanks for letting me play guys, liking you site and I'd have to agree that Gerry did hold the team together well.
  • Options
    cheers james, and don't tell gerry that, his head will get even bigger than it already is...

glad you like the site, hope you stick around.