Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Ticket Prices - Action

In light of the recent thread and discussions not just on here but between football fans nationwide, it appears the FSF are ready to take action:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21181709

My glass half-empty approach to anything means I think this is unlikely to work, but in the age of social media and the affect it can have etc, it probably has a better chance now than ever before.

Good luck to the campaign and hopefully all supporters will back this, as we are (and have been for a long time) taken for absolute mugs in this Country, as far as the cost of attending football is concerned.

It's not right that you can have to pay as much in this Country to watch a 5th tier fixture as you would a top tier fixture in Germany - before even taking account of the poor comparative match day experience as well.

Comments

• Options
    I wish them luck ... but how can they expect away fans to pay less than home fans? I can see some problems here, not least with home fans buying away tickets.
  • Options
    People need to take the initiative on themself's and not pay £62. Why should the club be denied revenue if people are stupid enough to pay that amount.
  • Options
    The guy from the FSF has been given decent airtime on PM on R4. Fair play to them. They are the best lobbying group we have and deserve our support. Its free to sign up, I think.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I wish them luck ... but how can they expect away fans to pay less than home fans? I can see some problems here, not least with home fans buying away tickets.

Is that a honest question? Why would a united fan sit in with away fans? I could see it happening at Charlton were a allocation is bigger then most teams who turn up at the valley but at the big games.
  • Options
    FOD - I kind of agree but we English have never had the balls/determination/fight for that kind of thing in recent times. "I'm okay jack" certinally prevails too.
    However clubs ticket loyalty systems have helped. At big clubs the clubs have made it such that people won't/cant miss a game for fear of slipping down the ladder - bit like England fans and caps - clever marketing that traps people.

Stonemuse,
    Most clubs away ticketing process would stop this being possible and if not could be easily implemented.