Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bover

edited January 2013 in General Charlton
I believe that Ruben Bover is on trial at New York. Thought he may be offered another year.

Comments

• He has not done it at U21 level.I have seen him play in about five matches this Season and said he would not make it.Too lightweight,can't tackle,passing is ok.We gave him a chance unfortunately it has not worked out.
  • He's been with us for a few years now. Hasn't really put Powell in a position to consider him for a 1st team squad slot since his arrival.

Adios.
  • From what I've seen in pre-season games agree with Dick.

If he moves on good luck to him. Might thrive in a different setting.
  • it would be a shame becuase what I've seen (admitedly only a few pre-season games plus a few cup games) he looked ok
  • Got to agree with you golf. I think there was a few of us that had high hopes when he made his first few first team appearances for us. Real shame if it doesn't work out. I do think that the squad is a little bloated right now though so if we can get some dolla for him so be it!
  • Anyone know when his contract expires? Might get some money from NY and use that to get wordsworth
  • Sometimes it just doesn't work out as hoped.

Does anyone know what happened to Matt Fry? Last thing i knew he was at Bradford, but looking at their squad last night it seems as though he's no longer there.
  • Thing is a lot of us wanted him to turn out to be the new Messi based on nothing more than unbridled optimism. The chances of unearthing a real gem are very very slim.

Does anyone know what happened to Matt Fry? Last thing i knew he was at Bradford, but looking at their squad last night it seems as though he's no longer there.

Bad injury and been without a club this season. Hopefully will get a league club when fit but you have to worry for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• So that's where Lloyd Sam went!
  • I think its fair to say that I and maybe a few others got slightly carried away:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/42088/ruben-bover/p1
  • I certainly think that people basing the high regard for him on two friendlies was a tad hopefull
  • sammy391 said:
    I thought are League 1 nightmare was over. Little do I know is that this Championship season has just been a pleasant dream :-(

• I think it is a shame that he didn't get a go at some of the cup games. I still think the lad has talent!
  • He's never been the same since the big dust up with Millwall after which yank went home.

:-)

Bad injury and been without a club this season. Hopefully will get a league club when fit but you have to worry for him.
    going to America for an op soon, selling footballers cars in the meantime.
  • He is in the USA according to his Instagram pictures. One NY pic and one Florida pic so far
  • In fact.....BWP has asked him "why are you there" and he has responded "training with New York for 7 days"

So there you have it. From him direct
  • He was told this year he would get a chance in the champ behind the striker as it is less physical. Sadly he hasn't done it and hasn't been near the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• So that's where Lloyd Sam went!

Went to a Red Bulls game a few months ago, it was Lloyd's first start. He was brilliant, scored and set up a goal as well. Although I guess when the oppositions star defender is Darren O'Dea I shouldn't have been surprised.
  • Shame about Bover, he looked good in the carling cup against a strong Reading team and hit the bar against Preston. Looked a good winger but if Kerkar keeps him out of the squad then its good bye Rubes!!!
  • From reading the link I posted above again , it would sound like New York RB's are only really interested in loaning him , he's contract is up in July so whether ruben can get some game time it could help he's cause for a new contract at charlton
  • Shame about Bover, he looked good in the carling cup against a strong Reading team and hit the bar against Preston. Looked a good winger but if Kerkar keeps him out of the squad then its good bye Rubes!!!

agreed, he hit the bar against Reading and looked good. But he isn't really a winger, can play there but prefers cm. I trust SCP judgement on him.
  • I think Bover would've got a lot more game time had we signed him the season before. It's just unfortunate for him that all our team had such a great season last season and then when we had won the title, he was out on loan. Saying that, he needs a loan to an English club for 2 or 3 months. Possibly League 2.
  • Shame had high hopes for him. Good luck. To him, NY would be a great oppertunity if we don't want to renew his contract.
  • Its a shame havent seen any of the clubs youth come through to the first team, closest come has been harriott but always on the

bench week in week out too scared to try them?
  • Hopefully we get the points we need to stay up and then he will still giving the youngsters more of a chance
  • Hopefully the sooner we get to 50 points the sooner we can blood a few youth
  • jackj123 said:

Its a shame havent seen any of the clubs youth come through to the first team, closest come has been harriott but always on the

bench week in week out too scared to try them?

Why start him when there's better players in front of him?