Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the minority that have always liked Wilson.
  • Options
    Right-Back is our strongest position IMO!!
  • Options

He's trying to make his mark on the team and has stepped up his game well to fill the gap left by Solly. Once Solly is fit, he will need to earn the shirt back as Wilson is growing in the right back roll at the moment. Sometimes defensively shakey, but positive going forward. Won the penalty at Watford and last night set up the goal. Deserves credit for the assist last night as most players would have probably attempted a shot rather then cross it.

This
  • Options
    They're always there giving Wilson stick, we all know he has a limited talent but singing crap like that won't help the guy, look at Simon Francis!

They were there giving it their best Danny Dyer impressions after they got told to pipe down. Quite amusing.
  • Options
    Didn't hear the abuse but can imagine they were probably part of the influx of weird haircut teenager brigade we have had invade over the past couple of years.
  • Options
    some of the merchants that sit in H block make me laugh. Proper wallys.
  • Options
    As someone has already said on this thread, 9/10 players in the position Wilson was in for the goal, would have blazed the ball over the bar. Great composure, and a good all round performance last night.
  • Options
    Lawrie Wilson is a 'Charlton player' in that he always gives 100%, never hides when the going gets tough (which is usually), and always makes himself available. Personally always happy to see his name on the team sheet.
  • Options
    I still think wing-back is his best position. I put him behind Solly at right back but he is proving to be a very strong back up.
  • Options

Yes that's the area

I moved away from that block and that area last season partly for that. Awful experience sitting near them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not been a fan of Wilson but last night he put his best shift in that I have seen. Looked to get involved more and was gaining more and more confidence with the basics he was getting right.

As for the guys in the H block, when the guy was told to "do one" he soon went quiet, then went and told his mates who then tried to start. Yep real big of you there lads. Joke.

Kick on Lawrie, more of the same on Saturday please!
  • Options

Lawrie Wilson is a 'Charlton player' in that he always gives 100%, never hides when the going gets tough (which is usually), and always makes himself available. Personally always happy to see his name on the team sheet.

same here ... never really understood the hostility against him
  • Options
    He is a lovely lad and v good player - still remembered Mr W and me from sponsoring him last season.
  • Options
    Another excellent game by Wilson.

Any abuse of Wilson, Powell or anyone for that matter, wasn't heard by CEJ in J block or me in L block, so much ado about nothing.
  • Options
    Same group at the top of H block were doing the "ooooooh you're sh*t ahhhh" thing for Hamer's goal kicks, knobs.
  • Options

Same group at the top of H block were doing the "ooooooh you're sh*t ahhhh" thing for Hamer's goal kicks, knobs.

Times like this I wonder how many ACTUAL fans/supporters actually turn up at a game compared to a bunch of wankers who think it's so witty and brave to insult our own players. May have to revise those attendance figures downwards...
  • Options
    Lawrie's done very well this season & I know he loves playing for Charlton ! 100% Support !
  • Options
    For me, was our MotM on Tuesday.
  • Options
    ^^^ Agreed, I just watched his clearance off the goal line again for what liked a certainty to make it 2-0 to Forest.
  • Options
    I had my doubts about him originally, but in a couple of games this season he has been superb.

Wilson, Harriot and Cousins were my top 3 players in the Forest game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would you say he is the quickest player at the club ? Never gets beaten for pace from what I see, deceptively quick I think you could say.
  • Options
    Those lads at the top of the H Block are gringeworthy, EVERY game you'll hear one of them shout 'Oh I do love playing at home'.......not just once, literally 10 times. They try to show off to the younger lads, it's so sad.
  • Options

Would you say he is the quickest player at the club ? Never gets beaten for pace from what I see, deceptively quick I think you could say.

Quicker than he looks definitely. Wiggins was faster before his injury last season, Church is not slow either. But I don't think we have a Haynes style speed demon anywhere on the pitch or in the squad any more.
  • Options

Those lads at the top of the H Block are gringeworthy, EVERY game you'll hear one of them shout 'Oh I do love playing at home'.......not just once, literally 10 times. They try to show off to the younger lads, it's so sad.

Hahahaha
  • Options
    Great sense of humour!

• Options
    Total class and part of the heartbeat of the club. Contract extension for the lad when you have a moment M. Duchatelet! With Solly last season we would have had real issues without him. I hope Nego gets a chance to improve / impress and then we have three who can play on the right.
  • Options
    Always liked Lawrie as he was always a midfielder forced to play in defence and stuck to it and improved. Hopefully Solly can stay fit and Nego settles down and he can go back to the midfield, as the few times he's got to play there he has looked quality.
  • Options
    Fair play to him, could have easily gone under after a bad performances ala Simon Francis, but he's shown his class on and off the pitch.

Seems a top guy and good guy, very much a charlton esque player.