Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smartphones

Never really been that bothered about mobiles before and have been living with a very unspectacular samsung jet for a few years now, but have decided to join the cool kids and get a smartphone. Just wondered about a few things... I've got a choice of cheaper 100mb of data or bit dearer 500mb. How much do these amounts get you? I'm not gonna be downloading much if anything, just browsing sites such as this one, twitter, ebay etc.

Also the phone I've got my eye on is the htc desire x, anyone got it and if so any good? Other options would be samsung galaxy ace 2 or sony xperia j but which is better?!
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Go for 500mb, I have a gig of data a month and I only used about 300 mb with a moderate amount of browsing. You can use wifi anyway at home/work, its only really when you are out and about you'd use it.
  • Options
    100mb isn't that much I wouldn't go for that
  • Options
    I've changed from the iphone to the Samsung galaxy s3. Best phone ive ever had.
  • Options

I've changed from the iphone to the Samsung galaxy s3. Best phone ive ever had.

While I'd love one of those I think I'm a bit more mid range/cheap tariff :)
  • Options
    Gott teh original htd DS.ire. ttpying thus no%w.

Had no problems with it

;-)
  • Options
    Mines £36 per month. Unlimited texts and minutes and 1gb plus I got 60 quid cash back.

Its on a 24month contract though
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Mine's a dweeby little Samsung Galaxy Y on PAYG, which isnt flash but seems to do the basics including web pretty well.
    Was about £60 inc £10 top up in carphone warehouse.

T mobile were doing unlimited surfing on PAYG at £20 for 6 months, which my kids use.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    That's more than double what I'm looking to pay O-R-H.

£15.50 for 24 months, 200 mins, unlim texts and 500mb is best deal I've found so far that suits me.
  • Options

Mines £36 per month. Unlimited texts and minutes and 1gb

My iPhone is the same contract as this, although I am getting mugged off for an extra 10er per month
  • Options
    MattD said:

Mines £36 per month. Unlimited texts and minutes and 1gb

My iPhone is the same contract as this, although I am getting mugged off for an extra 10er per month
    And the Samsung is 10x better ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 do pay as you go for £15 a month with 300 mins of calls and unlimited texts and data
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just got an Xperia T on that contract (200mins, ultd texts, 500meg) for £15.50/month. The phone cost £20 up front and the cashback sites got me £35. Have a look on the O2 site. BTW it's a cracking phone.
  • Options
    Htc desire is great
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking the battery life on smartphones is poor? I'm used to mine lasting 5 or 6 days, I know that's not going to happen anymore but don't want to be charging everyday.
  • Options
    Yeah, most of them need to be charged fully once every 2 days, sometimes once a day depending on use/
  • Options
    Battery life is poor for all smart phones. If you're using it moderately the battery will last the day but a second day would be pushing it.

• Options
    Check out moneysupermarket for price comparisons. Very happy with my lg optimus hd 4x. Similar spec to samsung 3 for 17 pounds a month.
  • Options
    Im waiting for the Sony Xperia Z, seems a decent bit of kit from Sony for a change.

Most of the slightly older smartphones can be picked up on a tiny contract nowadays
  • Options
    Check out the Virgin PAYG Big Data - £10 top up gets you 300 texts and unlimited data, £15 gets you unlimited text and data. There is also a Big Talk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of these are cracking deals
  • Options
    Thanks for the info everyone
  • Options
    About time I joined the 21st century.

Got a Sony Ericsson 750i and feel so old, so am thinking of getting a Sony Xperia Tipo. Just want a basic phone, no frills.

Like to stay loyal to brands if possible, so will stick with T-mobile.

Phone under £100 on PAYG.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with Xperia ?
  • Options
    I've had a Sony Ericsson Xperia for 16 months, am presuming the Sony-only one is exactly the same.

It's decent and can do everything other Androids can. The phone memory can get low easily so you need to transfer stuff to the SD card and it can get a bit slow at times (maybe because of its age), but I haven't had genuine complaints. It's not considered 'cool' either, so you can probably get a decent deal.
  • Options
    I hate the iPhone now had too many of these. Xperia z is my next target
  • Options

About time I joined the 21st century.

Got a Sony Ericsson 750i and feel so old, so am thinking of getting a Sony Xperia Tipo. Just want a basic phone, no frills.

Like to stay loyal to brands if possible, so will stick with T-mobile.

Phone under £100 on PAYG.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with Xperia ?

Samsung Galaxy ACE is free on a £7.50 PCM contract (150 mins, 5000 texts and 500mb of data) with the car phone warehouse
  • Options
    Have had an iPhone for 2 years and I jailbroke it, so I could customise it.
    But since I got an Android (for work), my next private smart phone will definitely not be an iPhone.
    I really can't see why an iPhone is better than an Android. Yes, a jailbroken iPhone is as good as an Android, but then you're not really supposed to jailbreak your iPhone...
  • Options
    Nexus 4... best value for money phone available. Pretty much the same specs as the s3 but about £150 cheaper. Also, as it's pure Android, it doesn't have all the Samsung rubbish on it.
  • Options
    If you just want a PAYG not a contract go with giffgaff. I do £12 a month for unlimited data & texts and 250 minutes.
  • Options
    Confused. Surely £12 a month is a contract, not PAYG?