Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proposed River Crossing

There was an advert in the Blackpool programme but it didn't say anything about closing the Woolwich Ferry.

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/rivercrossings/consultation

Comments

• I heard the other day that the Woolwich Ferry has been privatised?
  • So, in short - they're proposing moving the river crossing, not adding another one - despite the obvious and extremely dire need for it going back decades. You got to lurve the spin.
  • 3 options for new crossing proposed.

1 expand Dartford tunnel
    2 new crossing at Bean
    3 crossing at Sheppey. Linking Maidstone all the way to M11 and Stansted airport
  • I thought we were getting a second Blackwall tunnel and a new bridge as well?
  • Only in this country... A ferry? in THE most populous and money filled corner of Western Europe. It's the 21st century FFS, build bridges/tunnels.
  • Swisdom said:

3 options for new crossing proposed.

1 expand Dartford tunnel
    2 new crossing at Bean
    3 crossing at Sheppey. Linking Maidstone all the way to M11 and Stansted airport

3, with Stansted becoming the new 4/5 runway Superhub Airport for London and the South East would actually make a bit of sense, especially with the Paramount Park on the way too, but just because it makes sense to us doesn't mean it makes sense to the government
  • I reckon Maidstone will end up as Capital City

The new Vegas.

• Elvis is a porter in Maidstone Hospital. fact !
  • sam3110 said:

Swisdom said:

3 options for new crossing proposed.

1 expand Dartford tunnel
    2 new crossing at Bean

3, with Stansted becoming the new 4/5 runway Superhub Airport for London and the South East would actually make a bit of sense, especially with the Paramount Park on the way too, but just because it makes sense to us doesn't mean it makes sense to the government
    It's far and away the best option but also the most expensive so highly unlikely to happen, they'll just expand at Dartford

• Sponsored links:

They will be wanting to hold POTY events there next.
  • Thought this was going to be about Moses.
  • BIG_ROB said:

I heard the other day that the Woolwich Ferry has been privatised?

who by Somalian pirates perhaps?