Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Holland RIP (@cholland)

Comments

• Options
    Very, very sad. Another good'un gone. RIP.
  • Options
    Sad, sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
  • Options
    Very sad news :( RIP colin
  • Options
    Never met Colin but after reading all the tributes here and from his workplace I wish I had. RIP
  • Options
    Only spoke to Colin once or twice at away games when I used to go regularly, but he always said hello if I saw him. Nice guy and loved our football club. Very sad, RIP Colin.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh my dear. How upsetting is this sad news. I've been following Charlton away for over 30 years & Colin & his friends were almost permanent fixtures.

I never realised Colin was ill. Although I hadn't seen him for a while, I haven't been to many aways myself lately.

I recall about 4 years ago, our relegation season, at Doncaster away on a Tuesday night. My friend Mike & I hiked back into town (their ground is a fair walk from town along a bypass) & found a quiet pub. We were the only Charlton fans in there, then Colin arrived. We drank & chatted until closing time.

RIP Colin & my condolences to his friends & family.
  • Options
    May he rest in peace - a true gentleman
  • Options
    yes know that face---always seemed to have a smile.

RIP
  • Options
    I didn't know Colin , but reading those tributes on the link above , he sounded a heck of a nice fella and someone you'd be proud to call your mate RIP Colin.
  • Options
    RIP.

As said above always saw him at every game I have been to. Proper Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very very sad, never knew Colin but he always bought a copy of my fanzine from me... RIP
  • Options
    RIP..

I didn't know him but I recognise the face.
  • Options
    Didn't know Colin myself but the tributes on here speak volumes as to the measure of the man. My thoughts are with his family and his friends.
  • Options
    I've seen the face but never spoke to him.

RIP
  • Options
    Very sad news. Colin Holland a top Charlton supporter.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP old son.
  • Options
    Always had a smile on his face. So sad to see another of the Charlton family gone. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP fellow Addick
  • Options
    Very sad news, knew that Colin was unwell but not the level of severity so shocked to hear of his passing last night. He was without question one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet, easy to say but in this case 100% true. I have known him for best part of 25 years but would only bump into him periodically at away games or heading to the Valley on the bus (on one occasion I sat next to him on a 486 going to a night game while he held a work conference call with colleagues in the US what they made of the background noise is anyones guess) but you would always be greeted with a smile, a laugh and straight into conversation on all things Charlton. He loved his work, the travel but most of all he loved this football club of ours and this thread is testament to those that will miss him however infrequently our paths may have crossed with his.

Top man and a top Charlton supporter who will be sadly missed, my thought are with his friends (particularly Clive) and his family. RIP Colin mate
  • Options
    Sounds like a top bloke, RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never got to meet him, sadly. RIP
  • Options
    One moment at away games I'd be having a chat with Captain, the next with Colin and Clive....sums up the the 'Charlton Family' for me and the many people I have got to know especially through the way games. I recall meeting him first of all at Bradford away many moons ago. A lovely gentle man with his soft SW accent, shared a beer with him and Clive at times when waiting at such places as Preston. Always asked after Ms Lat when she wasn't in tow. Clive had been kind enough to keep me informed as recent as Watford, he has lost a great friend and we a great servant to CAFC in many guises. RIP dear fellow
  • Options
    Very sad news I often saw Colin at away games and he was a really nice guy.
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news indeed, RIP.
  • Options

WSS said:

Echo what others have said. Knew Colin to nod & smile to at away games - as Airman states, part of the Charlton "furniture".

Very sad news . Bless you, Colin.
    I'll second that.
  • Options
    RIP Colin - we always managed a chuckle and a word whenever we bumped into each other in pubs pre-match away from home. He and his mates would invariably have sought out the same real pub as us, following the mantra of avoiding the herd and getting a decent drop of ale. A real fixture will be missing in future.
  • Options
    Also remembered from away games, my thoughts are with family and friends.
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Sad loss for the Charlton family. RIP.
  • Options
    A very familiar face. Very sad indeed. RIP Colin.