Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Walton

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
A woman at work is an Ipswich ST holder and she absolute loves Walton says he is the absolute nuts - when I asked where is he playing she said he has played Centre half and Midfield and said he is as good in both positionS.

I know HH will be back but he makes me nervous at Centre half, and I know Dowie commented on going to see Walton play, but with the old injury crisis surely we should recall him.

What'd ya reckon.

Comments

• Options
    i don't think we can recall him, otherwise i think we would of done.

It may be a short-term pain, but i think we will benefit from this long-term. Walton is playing every week, doing well and gaining confidence.

Like Parker with Norwich, i think we will get a better player on return.
  • Options
    I think he's at Ipswich for three months with a no recall option. I'm not sure exactly when it ends but I think around late November/early December.
  • Options
    Think the Home crowd will love him when he does eventually play for us, he's a snarling Pitbull of a player, will probably get the odd sending off because of it but don't all the best players have that ruthless streak. Scored a comedy own goal vs Welling Pre-season though.
  • Options
    Another Parker in the making?
  • Options
    this is what Dowie said:

Simon has been watched by myself, Les Reed and Mark Robson already, and we're delighted with his progress".

"We bought Simon as a player who could be a big, big player at this football club. He's certainly one for the future and he's got great potential. I'm delighted the way things have gone at Ipswich and it's exactly the sort of outcome we envisaged.

"We're looking forward to him continuing that development and I'm sure he will improve as games go on and that when he comes back in January he will be a player that is much, much closer to being involved."
  • Options
    Even if we could recall him, I dont think we should. Let him play first team football, build his confidence so when his loan is over he can come into the squad, maybe first team & make a real impact. Recalling him so he can sit on the bench as cover wouldnt do him a lot of good if you ask me.