Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Frank Lampard

What a player he has been over the past ten years or so, an absolute star and model professional.
Two more goals for Chelsea at Everton this afternoon, where would Chelsea be without him ?
According to some press reports he can leave on a free this January.
Frank .. COME TO THE VALLEY ... we need you .. some chance of that though .. unfortunately

Comments

• Worth a bid.

If he ups his game he could probably force his way into our midfield if we get injuries or suspensions.
  • Worth a bid.

If he ups his game he could probably force his way into our midfield if we get injuries or suspensions.

Lampard, Hughes, Stephens or Pingpong .. what a hard choice for any manager
  • Worth a bid.

You forgot Pritchard, Lampard has nothing on Pritchard ; )
  • Worth a bid.

You forgot Pritchard, Lampard has nothing on Pritchard ; )
    Pritch and Lamps .. a dream combination
  • Think he'll end up with a big contract in the MLS or China.
  • edited December 2012
    Squad player at best. Unproven at this level.

I'm not so sure. I think Jnr is a home loving man with plenty of money and a terrific reputation. He might go abroad for even more money and a quiet life, but I just have a feeling that he'll stay in England in some capacity. Having said that, unless he wants to leave, Chelsea would be crazy to let him go .. 2 goals to get 3 points at Everton ??!! and he pretty much ran the midfield to boot. I reckon he'll stay at the Bridge and go somewhere 'exotic' in the summer
  • If Chelsea let him go, Arry will be all over him like a rash. Either that or he'll go back to the Hamsters. Still has far too much to offer to be considering dropping down to the Championship. He'll want another Premier League gig or a fat pay cheque abroad.
  • edited December 2012
    On the MLS show thingy on ESPN they said he'd probs go to LA Galaxy who need a big English speaking star now that Becks has departed and Donavon's on his way to compete with NY Red Bulls in marketing terms. Lincs may be right though, it's not as though he needs the money, I can think of worse ways of seeing out my career than in the Calafornian sun, certainly better than going to China.
  • If Chelsea let him go, Arry will be all over him like a rash. Either that or he'll go back to the Hamsters. Still has far too much to offer to be considering dropping down to the Championship. He'll want another Premier League gig or a fat pay cheque abroad.

se9addick said:

On the MLS show thingy on ESPN they said he'd probs go to LA Galaxy who need a big English speaking star now that Becks has departed and Donavon's on his way to compete with NY Red Bulls in marketing terms. Lincs may be right though, it's not as though he needs the money, I can think of worse ways of seeing out my career than in the Calafornian sun, certainly better than going to China.

2 good propositions .. I forgot for a minute there that 'arry is Frank's uncle by marriage
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelsea will sign him up then he will take on a partial player/coaching role when he does not get the games.

Cheleas version of a scholes.

• Find it utterly bewildering that they want to get rid of him. Apparently
  • Its only his age why chelsea would let him go. Same as Drogba. Both great players
  • Don't think Lampard will leave the UK, he has two small children with his ex-wife and his current girlfriend is a BBC presenter, so his ties are strong to London.

I'm not so sure. I think Jnr is a home loving man with plenty of money and a terrific reputation. He might go abroad for even more money and a quiet life, but I just have a feeling that he'll stay in England in some capacity. Having said that, unless he wants to leave, Chelsea would be crazy to let him go .. 2 goals to get 3 points at Everton ??!! and he pretty much ran the midfield to boot. I reckon he'll stay at the Bridge and go somewhere 'exotic' in the summer
    I meant in the summer, rather than next month.
  • edited December 2012
    CAFCElite said:

Its only his age why chelsea would let him go. Same as Drogba. Both great players

Vidic is only to be offered a 1 year extension by Lord Furybum .. Vidic !!! one of the all time great central defenders is 31 .. unless of couse he has a serious injury problem that is being hushed up

Don't think Lampard will leave the UK, he has two small children with his ex-wife and his current girlfriend is a BBC presenter, so his ties are strong to London.

This would be a major consideration

@North Lower Neil .. exactly
  • I'm sorry, are people seriously suggesting we might stand even a slim chance of signing fat frank in January?
  • No I don't think so
  • I don't think so either but it made me laugh. One of the likeable players at Chelsea, and still putting in good performances. If Chelsae are mad enough to let him go most other London clubs would have him, and prob on good money too (not that I imagine he needs it that much). He should come here, we're likeable too.
  • I'm sorry, are people seriously suggesting we might stand even a slim chance of signing fat frank in January?

No we're after Juan Mata.

• Sponsored links:

• If Chelsea are letting him go they must be mad. He's still integral to the team. What are they afraid of if they give him another year?
  • Pissed off west ham fans when he left so he's ok in my book.
  • Read his book - not recommended, very boring - no way will he go back to West Ham tho'