Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aston Villa (dont read if you havent watched MOTD)

Incredible run of results, clearly a very young squad but what a series of gubbings!!

Surely Lambert will go and with that any chance of Stephens joining them....

The return of Curbs p'raps....

Comments

• Options
    They should stick with Lambert. They can't keep sacking managers and Lambert has proved he is a good manager.
  • Options

They should stick with Lambert. They can't keep sacking managers and Lambert has proved he is a good manager.

Agree stick with Lambert, guaranteed relegation:-)

• Options
    Against Ipswich I thought Stephens looked like he'd fit in with the villa squad but he blew it today by having a good game...
  • Options
    Has anyone watched MOTD yet?

Agree though, they need to keep him on and give him a chance.
  • Options
    From what I've heard Lambert has bombed out all senior players as he knows best - the likes of Darren Bent, Shay Given etc. Not looked at the table after todays games but he must be on borrowed time given that Wigan and Southampton are both claiming points - what's that 15 goals shipped in a week ? !!!
  • Options
    Lambert has tried to play the youngsters but unfortunately, their lack of experience is proving costly. They need a couple of older heads in the side to guide them through matches, hopefully for their sake, Lambert realises that soon otherwise they may find themselves in for a proper dogfight.

Lerner also needs to dip into his funds to back Lambert in January in order to protect his investment.
  • Options
    Lambert has started to believe in his own publicity. He's an ego and I can't see him admitting that he is wrong. Relegation beckons.
  • Options
    Fuck sake avoiding results till later !!
  • Options
    nolly said:

Were you at Villa nolly?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

nolly said:

Were you at Villa nolly?
    He's thumbing for a lift back from Cardiff as we speak
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

nolly said:

Were you at Villa nolly?
    Hoping to get picked up by a big hairy trucker no doubt - again.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

nolly said:

Were you at Villa nolly?
    Hoping to get picked up by a big hairy trucker no doubt - again.
    It's all very sad really.
  • Options
    Not sad when were in travel lodge
  • Options
    They look pretty dire, although they may be saved by Southampton, Reading and QPR being similarly terrible. That said Saints and QPR will almost certainly spend in January. If I was a Villa fan, I'd be worried.

Lerner seemed like he was going to be the perfect owner when he first bought them, but he's turning out to be even worse than Deadly Doug Ellis.
  • Options
    nolly said:

Not sad when were bumming in travel lodge

If you say so. Very enlightened of you to be so candid.
  • Options

They look pretty dire, although they may be saved by Southampton, Reading and QPR being similarly terrible. That said Saints and QPR will almost certainly spend in January. If I was a Villa fan, I'd be worried.

and fingers crossed P**dew at Newcastle - shocking
  • Options
    After reading the labi siffre thread anything is possible
  • Options
    Oakster said:

and fingers crossed P**dew at Newcastle - shocking
    That was a weird old game. Has a side ever been more hot and cold than the current Arsenal team? Newcastle are in free fall at the moment, and I do wonder if they have the type of players suited to fighting a relegation battle, but there's no doubt they have the best squad in the bottom 6.

Just seen the Wigan goals on Sportsnet. An absolute horror show from the Villa defence.
  • Options
    Pardew increasingly unpopular with the Newcastle fans - love it.
  • Options
    Wonder how much it will cost Ashley to pay off Pards' remaining seven and a half years. Good job his business is raking it in...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lerner seemed like he was going to be the perfect owner when he first bought them, but he's turning out to be even worse than Deadly Doug Ellis.

What Lerner is trying to do us run Villa within their budget and not simply run up bigger and bigger debts, this means lower wages and transfer spending.

That is good in theory but football is an irrational business and the majority of EPL clubs do not act rationally and spend way beyond their means.

As things stand Villa will be a well run club, but in the Championship.
  • Options
    Randy Lerner - that name still makes me chuckle. Reminds me of me when I was 18.
  • Options

Wonder how much it will cost Ashley to pay off Pards' remaining seven and a half years. Good job his business is raking it in...

About a years wages I would venture to suggest. An eight year contract does not have to have an eight year severance payment written into it.

• Options
    Pardont doesn't have an 8 yr contract it is a yr contract which if both parties agree can be renewed every year for 8 yrs
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Pardew increasingly unpopular with the Newcastle fans - love it.

• Options
    Strange decision by him to persist with the youth over tried and tested players even after getting beat properly and regularly.
  • Options
    Watching mod, villa are f**king awful.
  • Options

Watching mod, villa are f**king awful.

Rubbish. They aren't even that good.

A club with the stench of relegation running through it at the mo'.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Nothing against Villa as a club, but Lambert is the greediest man in football since Defoe so quite happy if they drop.
  • Options
    They are shit