Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gerry Anderson, Thunderbirds creator, dies aged 83

Comments

• "anything can happen in the next half hour" ------------not anymore

RIP
  • RIP He made some of the most memorable programmes of my childhood,
  • A genius .. the patience and skills required to create those puppet programmes -and there were a LOT of them - is quite remarkable. RIP
  • edited December 2012
    "Marina aqua marina etc etc etc" they even named a car after her a decade or so later.

Strange name for a car tho Dorris !
  • My sister worked with him few years ago and said he was a really nice guy. Had a few family issues though, one of her colleagues told him she was friends with his son. He got a bit upset, turned out he hadn't seen him for a number of years. She got me a great signed promo picture from fireball xl5
  • Met him several times at weirdo conventions when I was younger. Got a few annuals signed by him
  • Another one from my childhood. RIP
  • Loved all his work, there will never be another one like him. He and Lew Grade were the perfect combination.

Time to break out the Anderson box sets.
  • Sponsored links:

• I used to love Stingray when I was a kid together with TV21 the comic spin off.
    Ol' Troy with his wonky eyebrow.....I thought it was bloody brilliant and all I ever wanted was a Stingray model for Christmas ( and a scalectrix of course and I got neither!)
    Thunderbirds was his biggest hit and although I liked it, Stingray was always my favourite.
    Oh well, there goes another one, RIP Gerry and thanks for all the entertainment when I was a kid. ( oh all right yes I would still watch them now! )
  • Loved his stuff: Fireball XL5 (I was a bit young for that one), Stingray (still a bit young), Thunderbirds (superb), Captain Scarlett (good, I was a member of Spectrum so I must've liked it, but he had the option to do another series of T-birds...), Joe 90 (bit naff - I was getting a bit too old by now), Space 1999 (I also enjoyed). Those were the ones I remember and were my favs.

The puppets were brilliant, but he only did it like that because it was cheaper.

RIP - there will never be another like him.