Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Van Persie could have been killed!

Could have been killer? LOL How Fergie gets away with this is beyond me.
Furious Fergie calls on FA to BAN Swansea skipper Williams after booting ball at striker's head

Outraged Sir Alex Ferguson has urged the FA to take action following Robin van Persie's clash with Swansea defender Ashley Williams which the Manchester United boss believes could have killed his striker.
Fergie fumed after Williams punted the ball into the back of the Van Persie's head while he lay prone on the floor during the clash at the Liberty Stadium.
The Dutchman reacted angrily and squared up to Williams with referee Michael Oliver electing to book both players.
After the match Ferguson said: 'The Van Persie situation you can clearly see that he could have been killed.

Ref rage: An angry Sir Alex Ferguson complains to fourth official Lee Probert after the incident
'The FA has got to look into it regardless that he has been given a yellow card. He should be banned for a long time because that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years.
'It was absolutely deliberate. The whistle has gone, the game has stopped and he has done that right in front of the referee, he could have killed the lad.
'It was a disgraceful act by the player, he should banned for a long time.'
Williams defended his actions following the match, claiming his attempted clearance wasn't meant to hit the United striker.
He said: 'I just cleared the ball with frustration and unfortunately it hit him in the head and he got a bit angry about it.

Seeing red: Van Persie leaps up to retaliate with Williams after the incident

Head-to-head: A furious Van Persie leaps up to vent his rage to Williams after the incident

Pulled apart: The pair had to be separated by their team-mates
'Everything got a bit heated but it was alright in the end.'
Patrice Evra had given the visitors a 16th minute lead before Michu equalised just before the half hour mark.
Ferguson was angry with Mr Oliver for not awarding his side a free-kick for what he thought was a foul on Van Persie in the build-up to what was Michu's 13th goal of the season.
'It was foul on van Persie, a clear foul,' he said. 'The referee had one of those days where we didn't get anything out of him.
'It was a shocking performance. I know he is a young referee but I was disappointed with that performance.'

In the book: Referee Michael Oliver booked Williams but Ferguson is calling for the defender to be banned, while Van Persie also received a yellow card for his part in the bust-up
Ferguson was less critical of his players and felt they did more than enough to take claim the three points which would have put them six points clear of rivals Manchester City at the top of the table.
'Thrown two points away really,' he added. 'We absolutely battered them. It was a great performance in the second half. It is unbelievable we didn't win the match.
'My only criticism is that the final ball at times let us down. "No criticism of the performance, it was very good.'

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In my opinion Williams deliberately kicked the ball at Van Persie .. he got away very lightly with just a 'booking'
  • I liked it when RVP jumped up with the hump to have a go and the other swansea defender left a cheeky left foot out for him to stumble over
  • In my opinion Williams deliberately kicked the ball at Van Persie .. he got away with it very lightly with just a 'booking'

Agreed Lincs. however, I doubt RVP's life was ever in much danger.

• In my opinion Williams deliberately kicked the ball at Van Persie .. he got away with it very lightly with just a 'booking'

Agreed Lincs. however, I doubt RVP's life was ever in much danger.

agreed
  • It actually could have damaged his neck quite bad if it was positioned badly but yes, Fergies gone OTT but at the same time Williams was a coward in his actions and knew the whistle had gone and I believe should have been sent off.
  • The thing about that is, that Van Persie's a c***, and Ferguson's a c*** too. So f*** 'em both.
  • My first reaction was that Williams kicked the ball just as the whistle blew. Am I wrong?
  • The thing about that is, that Van Persie's a c***, and Ferguson's a c*** too. So f*** 'em both.

This dong merrily on high.

Really wish he would just piss off and retire.
  • Hate fergie. Think this is just to detract the attention from his team's poor performance though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had he kicked in the head, then he might have been in danger.
  • My money would be on Williams in a fight.
  • Watching that i would say Williams was trying to clear the ball but i hate Man Utd so much, i might be biased, that being said Fergie complaining about anything is a joke, the biggest cheat in english football and has no issue with the 15 or so years of Scholes so called "Tackles".
  • Yeah but......had that been done against Kermorgant we would all be up in arms. WIlliams would probably be 6 foot under too. Cheap shot if you ask me.
  • Can't see that he did anything wrong.....................
  • Could have died my arse. Fergie's been on the mould wine again.
  • would not have anything to do with United dropping 2 points ..the Swan just booted the ball --happened his head was in the way
  • Fergie was deliberately talking rubbish to distract attention..but Williams was lucky not to be sent off, that looked to me a deliberate attempt to kick the ball at RVP's head, especially when you consider the ridiculous red cards for Cole and Gibson on Saturday.
  • Could have died my arse. Fergie's been on the mould wine again.

I guess you meant 'mulled' - although from the state of Fergie's nose, you might have been right first time!
  • Was hoping RVP would smash the living sh out of Williams.

If I was RVP Id have no problem with breaking his leg for booting the ball at my head.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a massive wanker that Williams is, he knew what he was doing there, I have no doubt about it. Huge cheap shot smashing it at him whilst he's on the floor! If Van Persie had been ironed out cold I doubt it would get this reaction! I can't stand RVP but Williams just been a little bitch there, good as kicking him when he's down
  • Looked like he was just trying to clear it to me!
  • Jaddick said:

Hate fergie. Think this is just to detract the attention from his team's poor performance though.

I thought United played well.....and so did Swansea. Cowardly act by Williams, and if it came to a 'fight' I wouldn't back anyone who does the type of thing Williams did. As for Ferguson, we wouldn't expect anything else, hey?

• yep, killed a big exaggeration but the occipital joint between neck and head is delicate hence all the long term injuries from whiplash, any decent osteopath would say this could having longer term repercussions.
  • Its headlines like this that is the reason people moan about footballers being over paid fairys. Funny it's all ways one of the "big four" thats moaning......
  • Looked like he was just trying to clear it to me!

Me too. He was looking upfield.
  • Watch it in real time again, I don't think he had much time to stop himself from between the moment the whistle was blown and the time he took the kick.

Shame about RVP though....I hear it is touch and go.....
  • Shrew said:

yep, killed a big exaggeration but the occipital joint between neck and head is delicate hence all the long term injuries from whiplash, any decent osteopath would say this could having longer term repercussions.

Do you work for claims direct.
    I thought the growth in whiplash claims was down to the fact that the claimants are greedy lying b@@tards looking for some free cash?

• Clearly a great manager but he doesn't half come out with some bollocks sometimes. I still remember him complaining about Schmeichel being sent off in the cup game. in 94.
  • I dropped the remote laughing at Fergie last night - could have had me leg off.

I think the FA should have him up for endangering MOTD viewers.