Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Christmas lights in Broad Walk

If you know BroadWalk in Kidbrooke you will know there are 2 brothers that have their whole houses light up for Christmas---roof, house, garden etc. Usually gets in the local media. Must have been doing this for more than 10 years. This year neither hse has anything. Wonder whats happened? I hope its a case of both moving but i feel it might be one has left more permanently. It was always worth a look and it was part of the Christmas ritual to take me Mum on a drive past (not the shooting she was a crap shot)

Comments

• Options
    Probably the state of the economy and ripoff edf prices has caused them to stop.
  • Options
    My daughter pointed that out a few weeks ago, both houses usually set the lights up a couple of months before Christmas and have a charity box at the end of the drive.

It's a shame, they put so much effort into it.

• Options

Probably the state of the economy and ripoff edf prices has caused them to stop.

I blame Thatcher

• Options
    Drove past last year, took this pic for my kids to laugh at!!
  • Options
    I have the same picture. Been meaning to drive past.
  • Options
    Perhaps they grew up?
  • Options
    Might have had a family loss , and don't feel like celebrating this Christmas , would be completely understandable.
  • Options
    perhaps the neighbour next door found out they were plugging into his mains supply........
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Used to walk that way to the Valley (from Well Hall Road) upto end of 2005, there was also another house on Hornfair Road that has a very impressive display.
  • Options
    No, they've converted to Islam!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knock and ask :-)
  • Options
    I used to live in Broad Walk as a nipper and still drive up there most home games. We were looking forward to seeing them again this year but alas...