Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Watkins - Lost Prophets

edited December 2012 in Not Sports Related
Charged with sex offences against children.

Comments

• Options
    You might mean Prophets.

Bit of a surprise this one.
  • Options
    Sorry typo
  • Options
    Didn't see that coming. Doesn't really fit the stereotype at all, but goes to show that you just never know (if he is deemed guilty that is)
  • Options
    Well, reading between.the lines, I'd say that he and two women (20 and 24) have had sex with a borderline under-age groupy, maybe oblivious to her true age.....? Still a stupid mistake to make!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Well, reading between.the lines, I'd say that he and two women (20 and 24) have had sex with a borderline under-age groupy, maybe oblivious to her true age.....? Still a stupid mistake to make!

Reading the BBC it seems a lot more than that.

"He is charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a female under 13 and possession/distribution of indecent images of children."
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Reading the BBC it seems a lot more than that.

"He is charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a female under 13 and possession/distribution of indecent images of children."
    In that case, string him up!

• Options
    Another nonce. Makes me sick.

• Options
    Wasn't he with Fearne Cotton for quite a while?
  • Options
    Think he was.
  • Options
    Fern Britton mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished with Cotton on her 16th
  • Options
    What about Britton?
  • Options
    Leon Britton?
  • Options
    JT said:

Finished with Cotton on her 16th

this made me lol
  • Options
    Pretty surprised to say the least. But just reiterates the fact that just because someone could write good music doesn't mean they're a hero in their person.
  • Options
    I'm getting old. Never heard of him.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You're not his type.
  • Options
    This was the bloke that had a photo of himself online doing somwthing to another man that no one thought was his kind of thing if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Really average band. Never liked them, not too fussed but if the allegations are true, just another reason to not like them
  • Options
    First 2 albums were decent though. He always came across as a bit of a tool in interviews though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he was in Steps.
  • Options

You're not his type.
    pleased to hear it :)
  • Options
    It's so confusing though - this is a decent looking lad in his thirties who is probably adored by 99% of all birds that go and watch him live, of which there are a hell of a lot of (they've headlined Reading Festival a couple of times I think).

Not a big fan of the cliche, but "he could have anyone he wanted" springs to mind. Really don't get it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It's so confusing though - this is a decent looking lad in his thirties who is probably adored by 99% of all birds that go and watch him live, of which there are a hell of a lot of (they've headlined Reading Festival a couple of times I think).

Not a big fan of the cliche, but "he could have anyone he wanted" springs to mind. Really don't get it.

They've played a few times, they haven't headlined. Actually spoke to him last time they played it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Friend of mine is/was a huge fan (pretty much a groupie if I'm honest) and knew (almost certainly in the Biblical sense) him personally and had absolutely no idea about this. She's completely stunned today.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I'm sure if he could "choose" he'd be attracted to overage birds, but this sort of thing is a mental disease and I highly doubt there's a cure for it.
  • Options
    I love my music but - who???
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafctom said:

I'm sure if he could "choose" he'd be attracted to overage birds, but this sort of thing is a mental disease and I highly doubt there's a cure for it.
    Even if this is the case he had the choice whether to follow through with his actions or not.
  • Options
    One year old? If true, he needs castrating and then torturing slowly to death, although at that point the castration is admittedly superfluous.