Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket world cup??

Any1 been followin build up to it??

who's every1 thinks gonna win it??

Whats our chances??

Gettin really excitted bout this now, off to carribbean on monday to start work and ties in with this, gonna b wkd esp since based st vincent aswell so hopefully gonna get c a few early games, well if get time of work

Comments

• Options
    also any1 seen the size of the bermudan guy??!! Sweeet jesus 18 odd stone, bloody hell that boy is BIG
  • Options
    England are Pelt end of Discussion :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Gettin really excitted bout this now, off to carribbean on monday to start work and ties in with this, gonna b wkd esp since based st vincent aswell so hopefully gonna get c a few early games, well if get time of work

I was going to comment then I read the last sentence - lucky barsteward!

Saffers, India or Aussies for me. Pakistan have too many injuries (as do Oz, but you know what they are like), England are too random and rarely seem to get any momentum in the one day game. SL flatter to deceive at the mo and the rest are just the rest.
  • Options
    I'm goin for saffers or us (blinded optimism as ever!!)

actually thinking bit more bout it, i think its gonna b a comp for the spinners and since ours r toss and we can;t play against spin scrub that india it is!!!
  • Options
    Spinners on a west indies wicket, are you sure?
  • Options
    I was going to comment then I read the last sentence - lucky barsteward!

i no , every1's been gettin rather pissed off haven't stopped goin on about it since found out, after the cricket off to the med to work(same job) around monte carlo, i just hope like the job cos its poss the best oppertunity i'm ever gonna get, althou bit pist at missin end of season but hey least i'll b in the sun, can always watch the games over there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Spinners on a west indies wicket, are you sure?

i wasn't but been watchin all the warm up matches and the balls been turning shed loads, and not nearly as much bounce as i'd expected
  • Options
    Fair enough then i haven't seen any of the warm up stuff but read about that 19st Bermuda bloke and if he can spin it and get KP and Collingwood out then maybe theres a hope for other spinners!
  • Options
    Slow bowlers will play a big part. West Indies wickets these days are not what they were. They are generally slow, low and do take spin.
  • Options
    "Slow bowlers will play a big part. West Indies wickets these days are not what they were. They are generally slow, low and do take spin. "

Well if I was Collymore and co I would ask what the groundsmen what they have been playing at. The joys of home advantage is that you can try to prepare the pitchs to suit your strength..............saying that WI fast bowling isnt exacting like yesteryear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    come on CANADA !!
  • Options
    "come on CANADA !!"

Well they gave Pakistan a bit of a scare.
  • Options
    Most of the tracks are new - as DJ DD puts it: Low and Slow. Not really what Caribbean cricket is about. Might give NZ a bit of a boost as I rate Vettori.
  • Options
    Pietersen - 20/1 to be top run scorer on betfair isn't a bad bet as we have an easy group
  • Options
    The small grounds will also suit the NZ "get on with it" way of playing.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]come on CANADA !!

Canada currently 99-7 against the might of Ireland in a warm up game!!