Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Clarke

Leon Clarke back from Scunthorpe loan,will we keep him or sell in January.

Comments

• Options
    Presumably sell if we can or loan again, surprised we could not extend the Scunny loan, just to keep his marketability up.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Presumably sell if we can or loan again, surprised we could not extend the Scunny loan, just to keep his marketability up.

He had already had the maximum three month period,so it couldn't be extended.

• Options
    He will be off or just not playing.
  • Options
    Probally sell
    Seems to have knuckled down worked hard not upset anyone at the irons
    Fans took to him as well
    Also good farwell piece by him on sky
    So fair play to him
    Maybee he's turned a corner n done enough to impress scp to give him another chance?
  • Options
    Must have gained some sort ofvalue at League one level - unfortuantely, all the clubs down there are skint. If somebody has £100k spare- would be worth a bid.
  • Options
    just give him away
  • Options
    Unless Crawley, Bournemouth or Fleetwood are interested, i can't see us getting much of a fee from a lower league club.
  • Options
    Id accept 50k for him
  • Options

just give him away

Surely we should try to get some money for him - or is your approach simply based on it not being your money?

• Options
    If he is disruptive to the squad (as I believe has been previously suggested reading between the lines), then give him away. It's difficult to see how he can fit back into the squad after his previous comments. On the other hand, if he has turned a corner and Powell is willing to give him another chance then I think the fans should too.

My gut feeling is that he will go in January, either out on loan for the rest of the season, or for an 'undisclosed fee' (which will turn out to be next to nothing).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't see that a League 1 club can afford to pay anything, so it has to be a Championship Club that are struggling up north. Barnsley ?
  • Options

just give him away

Surely we should try to get some money for him - or is your approach simply based on it not being your money?

No I assume its because he's a donkey!
  • Options

just give him away

If he's on a very modest 2k per week then holding out for a fee may mean that we don't get shot of him and he remains a cost. Obviously we should get what we can, but the consequence of not selling him is that we're stuck with a costly asset. Maybe better to cut our losses: this also opens the market up to clubs that would struggle with his salary and a fee. If we're not playing him would be best to get shot asap.
  • Options
    Ok, but my point is that we ought to try to sell him - I'm sure if that fails, we shouldn't have too much trouble giving him away!
  • Options
    I dunno Muttley. I think with the limit on funds in the lower leagues you're not going to get a lot of takers for a high salary player (assuming he's not prepared to take a hit), so it might not be so straightforward to ship people out on free transfers as it once was.
  • Options
    Out of contract in the summer, take whatever we can get. Which might be nothing.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

If he is disruptive to the squad (as I believe has been previously suggested reading between the lines), then give him away. It's difficult to see how he can fit back into the squad after his previous comments. On the other hand, if he has turned a corner and Powell is willing to give him another chance then I think the fans should too.

My gut feeling is that he will go in January, either out on loan for the rest of the season, or for an 'undisclosed fee' (which will turn out to be next to nothing).

I've not seen or heard anything reported that suggests he has been disruptive with the squad. I think a lot of people are just assuming that to be the case on the basis of the baggage that came with him after the Di Canio incident.
  • Options
    Peter Johnson, ex Everton Chairman owns Tranmere, they are not skint
  • Options
    lower league teams are all skint. He is on big wages. Out of contract in the summer. Done well in a few games but still will not get any money for him. Best bet is we can get him off our wages.
  • Options
    Striker Leon Clarke has this morning handed in a formal transfer request.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/leon-clarke-formal-transfer-request-coventry-city-130114-1291069.aspx

According to Sky Sports Wolves are the favourites...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neither Clarke nor his (arguably even better) partner Callum Wilson were in yesterday's Coventry side .. perhaps they are both off .. Wilson would be great for us .. where is the new money ? .. or is there any ?
  • Options
    According to the Barnsley fans' forum, the Tykes are interested in Leon Clarke. What's the inside dope on his stint with us - why wasn't he given much of a chance, yet has flourished elsewhere?
  • Options

According to the Barnsley fans' forum, the Tykes are interested in Leon Clarke. What's the inside dope on his stint with us - why wasn't he given much of a chance, yet has flourished elsewhere?

Ha ha good luck with that one, the heavier pitches this winter clearly suits the divers boots he wears.
  • Options
    Signed for wolves, undisclosed fee. Been doing wonders since we gave him away'
    Still sad that he was never given a real chance.
    I wish him well.
  • Options

I wish him well.

Quoted as £750k on BBC website.

• Options

I wish him well.

Quoted as £750k on BBC website.

haha, was great business when we let him go on a free.
  • Options
    Anyone know why his stay with us was such a flop? I recall Airman suggesting Clarke was foisted on Powell by Jimenez. He had been idle for a while following his spat with Di Canio, and came to us grossly unfit.
  • Options
    Benson went to Swindon in exchange and Clarke was not given a chance at Charlton Subsequent events have proved what a huge mistake this was and Powell must be held accountable
  • Options
    Sorry Billg I must have missed it, but how many Championship goals has he scored since again?

750k is a ridiculous fee, and can only imagine it's heavily loaded in ons.
  • Options
    Clarke will score 25 goals for a club like Wolves in the Championship. Get your money on him as first/last goalscorer now for the rest of the season.