Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dany N'Guessan - Come and join us?

Nice little snippet in the SLP's report on the Millwall game where it says the Frenchman was asked into the visitor's dressing room after the 0-0 draw and presented with his First Division's Champions medal by Chris Powell.

Might just be a nice gesture by Chris Powell - the sort that makes him so liked by those who play for him - but screams out to me "Dany, we still want you!"

Though Lord knows where we are going to play him with 5 quality forwards already!

Comments

• Options
    nice gesture.
  • Options
    or could just be that it was his medal and it was the first time they'd seen him?
  • Options
    I'd take him on a free
  • Options
    I thought he was a left winger not a forward. Compete with Kerkar for that spot?
    Why didnt he have his medal already?
  • Options
    Id rather him than Kerkar
  • Options
    Think Powell said in his pre-match interview that that pursuing N-Guesson on a permanent basis never really went anywhere. I doubt he wants him now.

Decent squad player, but I think we've got enough of those. Any January signings need to be first team contenders, not more back-up.
  • Options
    Looked good when he came on
  • Options
    He is a good lad, and not a bad player.
    But I would say he is surplus to requirements.
  • Options

and did more in his 15 min cameo than our front two...............

• Options
    Just sounds like a very nice gesture to me and glad to hear that Powell remembered to recognize N'Guessan's contribution. Did Hogan Ephraim and the other loan players we had get medals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Id rather him than Kerkar

this

agree

• Options
    edited December 2012
    he did look a bit leaner (his arse wasnt as fat) and a bit quicker than his time here.
  • Options
    I would have him back if Millwall were looking to offload him for nothing but if we have to pay a fee, then not sure if it worth it, glad he got a medal as got a few goals for us last season.
  • Options

He did more than Hulse?

Stick to golf.
  • Options
    I'd like to see him back .. He looks fitter this year than last what little I have seen of him .. he's not an out n out striker, Kerkar has done OK, but N'G would do a better job out on the left ... and in that role we have no-one else
  • Options
    I wonder if he would have been presented it if he'd scored fourteen minutes into his fifteen?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

He did more than Hulse?

Stick to golf.
    Tbh I like Hulse but thought he was poor against millwall. Midfield was poor thou.
  • Options
    Hulse dominated Shittu.

We might not think of that as such a big deal but Millwall fans have been raving about how great Shittu is and were shocked at how many times Hulse beat him to the ball in the air and on the floor.
  • Options

I wonder if he would have been presented it if he'd scored fourteen minutes into his fifteen?

LOL! Maybe that's why he aimed his header at Solly!
  • Options
    Thanks but no thanks. Did a job but we don't need him now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can understand Millwall rate Shittu, he's a big lump but he knows how to play centre-half,yet Hulse had the measure of him.

His turn and shot in the first half was class.

I'd have him over Yann ...
  • Options
    i think our defence was brill,but midfield and attack was poor and Hulse might have beaten Shittu a few time but nothing ever came of it,how many shots on goal did we have,zilch,but our defence was brill
  • Options

Thanks but no thanks. Did a job but we don't need him now.

Better than Kerkar IMHO. I would take him.
  • Options
    Better than Kerkar? Probably, but not enough to make a big difference to the team.

Give him a run of games at left midfield and some would be moaning he's not left footed and therefore out of position. Same with Ephraim.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I liked DNG last season, he had a bit of something about him. He was crap on the left away at Huddersfield though and for me, if we were to sign him, he'd be a usfeul and verstaile attacking sub, but not really the kind of player who you could put into the first 11 and expect him to make a big difference.
  • Options

he did look a bit leaner (his arse wasnt as fat) and a bit quicker than his time here.

Just curious VG but why exactly were you checking out his behind? ;o)
  • Options
    He could well be playing Premier League football next season with Millwall....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

He could well be playing Premier League football next season with Millwall....

Just brought up a bit of sick at that thought.
  • Options

Hulse dominated Shittu.

We might not think of that as such a big deal but Millwall fans have been raving about how great Shittu is and were shocked at how many times Hulse beat him to the ball in the air and on the floor.

Agree with that, lads in the Gregorian before the match were raving about Shittuu, I wouldn't mind having N'guessen back, though he looked sharp when he came on Saturday.
  • Options

Just curious VG but why exactly were you checking out his behind? ;o)
    Ha I wasn't, it's because it was unmissable when he was at that valley!